THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough. Of course I've seen plenty of Carroll this season, I watch pretty much all spurs games, unless it's cup tie that's not streamed. Killer passes are all well and good but only if you have an assassin on the end of them. Personally I would have brought Lennon on instead of Carroll, and that's what AVB did.

But not having an assassin on the end of a pass doesn't mean we shouldn't bring the player making the pass on. No question Lennon should've come on but so should Carroll, instead of replacing Naughton with BAE.

Dempsey is creative, so you're definitely wrong there. He's provided some lovely assists and passes this season. He probably isn't as creative as Holtby, but I'm pretty sure he has more assists than Lewis.

Claiming that Dempsey is creative is mad. He has played 1,747 mins of football for Spurs in the PL this year (thereabouts) and has provided three assists which is one every 582 mins or one ever six and a half games. Lewis Holtby has one assists in around 481 mins of PL football, no need to provide the rate of assists. So although Dempsey has more assists it is by virtue of playing over three times as much football. Factor into that the fact that most of Holtby's appearances are from the bench and it takes a bit of time to settle in to a game coming off the bench, the pendulum swings even more in Lewis' favour.

If anyone shouldn't have played it was Hudd. We needed Lennon. Attacking Parker i can't agree with at all.

Mind you, you wanted to start Carroll, Hudd, Holtby and Siggy mmmmm

Lennon wasn't fit to start, I would have included him if he was, and I would gladly have chosen any of the above over Dempsey. Holtby and Sig both offer more than Parker in terms of attacking also.

Whoever you are, I actually make you right on this. I really honestly try to convince myself otherwise, but I`m afraid I genuinely believe :levystare:would rather us finish 5th than inside the top 4. He`s a businessman, first and foremost. The footballing side will allways come second. A run in the champions league could bring in around £30 million, but also an increase in demand among the fans to strengthen the squad with marquee signings to compete with the elite. It also means he could in no way justify the sale of Gareth Bale, our one world class player.
Finish 5th, however, means keeping the excitement going `till the end of the season. Allways on the periphery but not quite making it. But, all the justification :levylol:needs for selling Bale for, say , £60million. At least double what any CL exposure would bring. Plus the added excuse of not attracting world class players and paying top end wages to players who want Cl football. I`ve followed this club passionatel for many years, and I`ve never felt more convinced about anything in my life. I`d so much love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I dont think I will be. :avbpray:

This is the single most ridiculous thing I've read on this thread, and I've read all PhillyHotspur PhillyHotspur posts

Why on earth would he purposely hold us back in order to sell one asset for 60 million?
Making champions league increases the marketability and value of the club massively. What happens when bale leaves in your amazing conspiracy theory? Does he find another once-in-a-generation player to sell for 60 million I'm a couple of years' time?

If we don't qualify this year, do you think the fans won't demand investment in the squad? If anything we'd want it more, but be less able to provide it due to lack of champions league income (and draw for the players in question)

This is the single most ridiculous thing I've read on this thread, and I've read all PhillyHotspur PhillyHotspur posts

Why on earth would he purposely hold us back in order to sell one asset for 60 million?
Making champions league increases the marketability and value of the club massively. What happens when bale leaves in your amazing conspiracy theory? Does he find another once-in-a-generation player to sell for 60 million I'm a couple of years' time?

If we don't qualify this year, do you think the fans won't demand investment in the squad? If anything we'd want it more, but be less able to provide it due to lack of champions league income (and draw for the players in question)

Huh ? That wasn't me bro.

You're just not that sharp sometimes, are you? :adelol:

Whatever bro. Most of my posts are spot on. Yeah, a few might turn out to be wrong. Again, that's why we call them POVs. Do you see me calling them facts ? Either way, I can admit when I'm wrong.

At least I'm not insulting other Forum members b/c they have a POV

Whatever bro. Most of my posts are spot on. Yeah, a few might turn out to be wrong. Again, that's why we call them POVs. Do you see me calling them facts ? Either way, I can admit when I'm wrong.

At least I'm not insulting other Forum members b/c they have a POV
Wasn't insulting your point of view. I was making the point that you thought you'd been dug out for a post you didn't make, thus completely missing the joke jimmyriggle jimmyriggle made.

Have a POV by all means, but don't be dopey and not expect a bit of amusement to occur.

Whoever you are, I actually make you right on this. I really honestly try to convince myself otherwise, but I`m afraid I genuinely believe :levystare:would rather us finish 5th than inside the top 4. He`s a businessman, first and foremost. The footballing side will allways come second. A run in the champions league could bring in around £30 million, but also an increase in demand among the fans to strengthen the squad with marquee signings to compete with the elite. It also means he could in no way justify the sale of Gareth Bale, our one world class player.
Finish 5th, however, means keeping the excitement going `till the end of the season. Allways on the periphery but not quite making it. But, all the justification :levylol:needs for selling Bale for, say , £60million. At least double what any CL exposure would bring. Plus the added excuse of not attracting world class players and paying top end wages to players who want Cl football. I`ve followed this club passionatel for many years, and I`ve never felt more convinced about anything in my life. I`d so much love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I dont think I will be. :avbpray:

Bale has 3 years left on his contract.......3 x £30m.......plus the added sponsorship we'd be able to negotiate

your logic is flawed, success on the pitch (whilst keeping a grip on the pursestrings like Levy) will always lead to greater financial success for the club and its owners.

Read the last page back. And then feel free to remove yourself from your high horse.

I read it. Again. He is implying all of my posts are moronic

You piggy backing it by implying I'm not smart enough to understand his personal dig at me.

Trust me, I'm not on a high horse on any level. And not calling other forum members "pussies"

I read it. Again. He is implying all of my posts are moronic

You piggy backing it by implying I'm not smart enough to understand his personal dig at me.

Trust me, I'm not on a high horse on any level. And not calling other forum members "pussies"

No offence Intended matey. Was just Alluding to the fact that most on here disagree with quite a bit of your tactical opinions and the. Suggesting that the guy i quoted was even less agreeable.
You're welcome to your POV but if you didn't feel comfortable with pushing opinions that may be unpopular then you wouldn't do it in the first place.

Amiright? :)

No offence Intended matey. Was just Alluding to the fact that most on here disagree with quite a bit of your tactical opinions and the. Suggesting that the guy i quoted was even less agreeable.
You're welcome to your POV but if you didn't feel comfortable with pushing opinions that may be unpopular then you wouldn't do it in the first place.

Amiright? :)

I get the most heat for my dislike of Ade and my preference of Bale in the 2nd striker or RW role. Again, I'm pretty confident in my beliefs and welcome the banter / discussion here.

All good brother

Finishing up this Wigan thread w/ a point by United at Emirates and Spurs still controlling their own CL destiny

Looks like that OG and point at Wigan was pretty helpful

Giddy Up

Back
Top Bottom