The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In that scenario they wouldn't be. Sorry, Woolwich would finish above us in that scenario, just to take the piss even more.

Oh. And Liverpool win the league.

1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Woolwich
4. Tottenham
5. Man Utd - CL Winners
6. Chelsea - EL Winners

How fucking depressing would that be?

Luckily, it ain't happening.
Naughty step for even imagining.

It’s not like this wasn’t predictable on the summer
We always knew it was going to be fight for CL spot till the end. The fact we had gap above thoose 3 teams made us think we're safe and secured. With so many injuries and no signings, there will be rough period and complacement which happened to us, sadly.

Still, I wouldn't trade our position for United's or Chelsea's.

United have the hardest run-in but the Midas man so hard to not see them getting a berth.

If Woolwich or Chelsea or a team in the top 4 win the CL does it have implications on hiw far you go down the PL or would it be that if us or United won the CL and finished 5th/6th that the PL would have 5 representatives.

Put it this way I would take 77 points right now and say beat that.
W5 D1 L2 and there it is,,,well possible.

They ironically smashed us once and almost beat us at home this year. If their squad is over paid toilet, what's ours?

Woolwich are shit but one day they play amazing football and the next they play like relegation fodder, you just never know which Woolwich turns up.

That’s a bit like us (though not so much the shit part), except we seem to do it within the 2 halves of a match.

Watching City now. Our problem is nothing to do with mentality. It’s ability, skill and finesse.

If anything, it’s our mentality that’s our greatest strength.

Watford - 2 set pieces conceded - lost
Man City - Trippier individual error - lost
Liverpool - set piece conceded - lost
Woolwich - handball from Vertonghen & Foyth error - lost
Wolves - set piece conceded - lost
Man U - Trippier individual error - lost
Burnley - Set piece conceded - lost
Chelsea - Trippier individual error - lost
Woolwich - Sanchez individual error - drew
Southampton - Rose individual error & set piece - lost

All the games we have lost this season in the league have had at least one stupid individual error or set piece do us in.

At least 7 glaring individual errors this season leading to goals and I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. I'm still shaking my head that Rose has dummied that from yards away only to let someone ghost in. An absolute gift of a goal which has happened far, far too frequently this season for such a big and talented team.

Positives and negatives to take depending on what way you look at it

Watford - 2 set pieces conceded - lost
Man City - Trippier individual error - lost
Liverpool - set piece conceded - lost
Woolwich - handball from Vertonghen & Foyth error - lost
Wolves - set piece conceded - lost
Man U - Trippier individual error - lost
Burnley - Set piece conceded - lost
Chelsea - Trippier individual error - lost
Woolwich - Sanchez individual error - drew
Southampton - Rose individual error & set piece - lost

All the games we have lost this season in the league have had at least one stupid individual error or set piece do us in.

At least 7 glaring individual errors this season leading to goals and I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. I'm still shaking my head that Rose has dummied that from yards away only to let someone ghost in. An absolute gift of a goal which has happened far, far too frequently this season for such a big and talented team.

Positives and negatives to take depending on what way you look at it

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

Worst thing is the writings been on the wall for 2 months. Son was bailing us out as did Winks against Fulham. We have legit played wank for almost all the season. We could end up with 13 losses ffs. We don't deserve top 4 tbh but thankfully the 3 below us have all also shit the bed.

Well we are getting nothing from Liverpool or City that’s for sure. Even an in form Spurs side would be a tough ask getting something, but the way we are playing ? Not a chance. Just got to hope we rack up all the points in the “winnable” fixture, which hopefully should be enough to just scrape 4th. What a utter shambles to be 10 points clear in the top 4 and now face this almighty battle on our hands. Reminiscing of the Harry Redknapp “mind the gap “ bullshit when we blew our 10 point lead on Woolwich. I really thought Spurs had improved mentality, clearly not.

The only good thing about playing Liverpool next is we can go into it with absolutely nothing to lose, and if by some miracle we nicked that game and ended up putting one serious dent in their title, then that would go a little way to help ease the suffering......a little sad tho, that aiming to stifle another teams dreams is where this season has taken me too.....

You're only as good as your last result, I suppose.

Go back a month ago and he's praising us (like the pundits were) for being in the position we're in, competing for the title whilst having no stadium and making no signings in the last two windows.

This is how the table will look after the weekend we play Liverpool if:

Chelsea: beat Wolves H, beat Everton A and beat Cardiff A
United: draw with Arenal A, beat Watford H
Woolwich: draw with United H, beat Newcastle H

We're fucked

index.php

Doesn't this assume we lose at Liverpool?

I know we have a history of losing form after long breaks, but we also play out best against the best (mostly), so I'm not too scared of them. If we can take a point, the won't we still be fourth on goal difference? And if we win... well...

We are now relying on winning all our home games in a new stadium mostly against teams who will come with ten behind the ball because they're in a relegation fight cos we aint getting a result at Anfield or the Etihad.
I am genuinely for the first time this season worried we won't make the top four which was utterly unthinkable two weeks ago.
That was such a pathetic defeat today when at 4pm I was thinking I might get my bet up of Kane first goal and 4-0.

We literally haven't put two halves of football together once this season other than Everton away and Chelsea at home, really worrying.

No-one is going to win every game. But, win at Anfield would bring us on top again. 3 weeks of rest is mis massive at the moment. This team should beat every team at NWHL and get 4 points on away matches.
Liverpool haven’t lost at Anafiel for fuck knows how long

We are now relying on winning all our home games in a new stadium mostly against teams who will come with ten behind tmhe ball because they're in a relegation fight cos we aint getting a result at Anfield or the Etihad.
I am genuinely for the first time this season worried we won't make the top four which was utterly unthinkable two weeks ago.
That was such a pathetic defeat today when at 4pm I was thinking I might get my bet up of Kane first goal and 4-0.

We literally haven't put two halves of football together once this season other than Everton away and Chelsea at home, really worrying.

Mate, you are correct. 100%.

At no stage this season have I been utterly confident we were going to win a game and that is due to simply not being the fluid, dominant presence of the last 3 seasons.

That we will still be in 3rd after today (unless United win by 5) is incredible.

16 points I feel will secure us top 4 from our last 8 games but looking to next season and this squad, remembering the likely departures and zero investment in players again, mid table at best.

Scandalous decisions on the playing staff in the last year.

Back
Top Bottom