The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That goal difference is huge for us - takes all the pressure off. Puts yesterday into perspective - with 9 men we could easily have conceded 4 or 5 so big thanks to the 9 who gave their all in the second half.

We shouldn't even be talking about this anymore. Third should have been wrapped up a few games ago. The gap we have allowed to decrease since new year is terrible and we're pretty lucky that the 3 behind us are pretty pish as well.
Still, there's been a load of highs this season and I'd have been more than happy with third and our CL run but it's the way that we're stumbling along that pisses me off.

Hindsight and all of that pal. If you had been offered 3rd place with 2 games to spare and a semi final against Ajax in the Champions League last August would you have snapped that up? Seasons will have peaks and troughs, we should all just focus on a powerful predicament right now of possible glory, and I mean real glory.

What's done is done, we've had a gruelling season consisting of no pre season, no signings, two South Korean international tournaments, two ankle rolls involving our talisman, 3 hammys and a broken hand for Del Boy, a hammy for Vertonghen, Dier turning into sick boy and no place to call home until a month before the season ends.

We sit pretty as it stands, time for another push

Last edited:
35cef9419594c4510169074b17a52ece.jpg

Forever a legend.

Spurs finish 3rd and win CL beating Barca who previously beat Liverpool 5-0 on agg. Queue of players at our door desperate for Poch and new Lane lifestyle.

Utd finish 4th somehow, to ensure Ole stays as manager, Pogba leaves in summer.

Woolwich finish 5th to ensure yet more Thursday travels to Mordor, get to EL final and lose 5-1, their default European score. All their players stay.

Chelsea finish 6th, transfer ban, Hazard leaves, Abramovich spends no more cash and new stadium plans fall through.

That’s all I ask

Just a quick one as I'm away and have limited access to this glorious little site.

For those of you who I'm sure are ripping the team at the moment for the season we've had, one thing:

You can't have it both ways. We achieved our objective this season, which to anyone with sense saw it was top 4. If you're unhappy with the performance but not the result poke it. You're the same people that aren't satisfied when we play well and don't achieve so you can't have it any other way.

We have achieved a realistic objective & still have a fighting chance of cup glory. Stop being so particular about it and realise that with no home, no preseason, no signings etc it's a great result and ultimately it is a results business. We huffed, puffed but we got the most we could have expected and we still have an outside chance of more. Chill out and decide if it's about the end result or the performance as you can't have it both ways.

6th richest club and we've yet again qualified for a tournament in the hardest league in the world we financially have no right being in, one that springboards us yet again next season, one that helps close the gap and one we can still actually win.

COYS!!!!

Remember when moving into our new stadium this late in the season was going to be a huge mistake?

Well, since we've moved in we've gone from 4th to 3rd and got into a Champions League semi final in the process.

Whilst:

- Woolwich went from 3rd to 5th. Lost 2 of the 3 games they've played and dropped points at home for the first time in 5 months.

- Man Utd have lost 4 of the 5 games they've played and got knocked out of Europe in the process.

- Chelsea have dropped 5 points in their last 3 games, find themselves in 4th but with an extra game played more than anyone else.

Someone is smiling down on us!

220px-Bill_Nicholson_%281961%29.jpg

This is brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant

"The fans who stayed in the ground are wankers"
"The real fans walked out"
"Guendouzi is a cartoon character"
"Sokratis is a fucking stupid.... should be a waiter"
"The Emirates stadium is a fucking disgrace"
"For 10 years, Ramsey was shit aswell"
"Fuck the Europa League"
"If we win the Europa League it's a disgrace"
"Europa League is a fucking tinpot club"
"We're a fucking shit football team. We're a fucking shit club and this club is dead"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know some on here don't care about Liverpool but going into the weekend if you offered me a narrow loss to City in which our goal difference isn't too dented so that Man City can still have the title in their hands but Woolwich and Man Utd would both lose in the process, I'd have fucking taken it.

It's in our hands. We have 3 home games remaining out of 4.

Within the next 7 days:

Spurs:
Brighton (H)
West Ham (H)

Woolwich:
Wolves (A)
Leicester (A)

Chelsea:
Burnley (H)
Man Utd (A)

Man Utd:
Man City (H)
Chelsea (H)

I know who's fixtures I'd rather have.

COYS

What a fucking great weekend.

And to top it off, we play before all of our rivals this week and at the weekend.

A real chance to go 3 points clear of Chelsea on level games with a much better goal difference than them with 3 games left.

Thank yous to Everton, Palace and Burnley.

Back
Top Bottom