The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs finish 3rd and win CL beating Barca who previously beat Liverpool 5-0 on agg. Queue of players at our door desperate for Poch and new Lane lifestyle.

Utd finish 4th somehow, to ensure Ole stays as manager, Pogba leaves in summer.

Woolwich finish 5th to ensure yet more Thursday travels to Mordor, get to EL final and lose 5-1, their default European score. All their players stay.

Chelsea finish 6th, transfer ban, Hazard leaves, Abramovich spends no more cash and new stadium plans fall through.

That’s all I ask

Spurs finish 3rd and win CL beating Barca who previously beat Liverpool 5-0 on agg. Queue of players at our door desperate for Poch and new Lane lifestyle.

Utd finish 4th somehow, to ensure Ole stays as manager, Pogba leaves in summer.

Woolwich finish 5th to ensure yet more Thursday travels to Mordor, get to EL final and lose 5-1, their default European score. All their players stay.

Chelsea finish 6th, transfer ban, Hazard leaves, Abramovich spends no more cash and new stadium plans fall through.

That’s all I ask
Stadium plan already gone for Chelsea

Didn’t expect Woolwich to lose today... that’s done us a huge favour.

Because they play each other, I can only see one of Chelsea or United being in for a shout of the top 4 now. It’s still going to be tough but I think we are safe now.

Didn’t expect Woolwich to lose today... that’s done us a huge favour.

Because they play each other, I can only see one of Chelsea or United being in for a shout of the top 4 now. It’s still going to be tough but I think we are safe now.
We definitely are not safe yet, it can change isntantly.

If we go and beat Brighton and West Ham, then I would say we are ALMOST safe.

United are gone-100%
I honestly think we win all our games and finish third now, absolutely no reason we don't. We will hammer west ham at home.
pun intended
those two results yesterday were just what we needed, on a sad note I think Chelsea get 4th

I'm confident we'll finish third, think we will win all our remaining games easily. We are mentally right now, confidence sky high and bit between our teeth to be in the CL next season and try and win it this year.

United are gone-100%
I honestly think we win all our games and finish third now, absolutely no reason we don't. We will hammer west ham at home.
pun intended
those two results yesterday were just what we needed, on a sad note I think Chelsea get 4th

If this season has taught us anything, it's that nothing is certain. United 100% gone? Nearly but not quite.

I just think if we win our next 2 Prem games we are unlukely to be overtaken by 2 teams.

That is where Woolwich and Chelsea being in the Europa helps us.

Thin Lilywhite Duke Thin Lilywhite Duke Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain isn’t finishing fourth and no cl final win no good if Chelsea/Woolwich finish fifth and win el?
No, The top four would get CL football and the winner of El as well, making it 5 English teams in the CL

The maximum amount of teams in CL is 5 from any country.
The "guaranteed" spots, for England are;
Top 3
CL winners (If English) and finish outside the top 4
EL winners (if English) and finish outside of top 4

This isn't going to happen this year so even if Woolwich/Chelski win the EL the top 4 still qualify.

Last edited:
blows my mind, how did Man Utd lose 4-0 to Everton?

Everton have been quite good in the last few weeks (and kind to us ) beating Woolwich Chelsea and now Manu at their home in recent weeks.

But the Manu win was far bigger than expected - probably shows players given up on 4th already. Hope Man U players get enough of a kicking so they turn up against Chelsea

I'm more than happy to swallow a potential St Totteringhams day to a particular lot that wear red if it means we make the final & can be as fresh as possible. I care so little about Woolwich it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Let them have their braggin right, it's that kind of shit that inevitably will hold them back from reaching the highest heights.

3rd or 4th, it matters little to me with the magnitude of what our boys could achieve if all drops kindly and favourably for us.

Understand the sentiment but the way the CL money is carved up next season means the money from media pool is about double if we finish 3rd versus if we finish 4th.

So worthwhile getting 3rd rather than giving Woolwich more money to waste !

Understand the sentiment but the way the CL money is carved up next season means the money from media pool is about double if we finish 3rd versus if we finish 4th.

So worthwhile getting 3rd rather than giving Woolwich more money to waste !

At this stage mate if you offered me 3rd and losing the semi final or 4th behind Woolwich and making the final I'd definitely take the latter. We are too close to witnessing something incredible for our club to let a few quid or personal rivalries make a difference to us.

Do I want Woolwich to finish in the top 4? Absolutely not but that doesn't matter to me very much knowing we are two matches away from seeing our boys take to a field for club footballs biggest prize.

Extra money or not, a European final would be glorious to experience.

At this stage mate if you offered me 3rd and losing the semi final or 4th behind Woolwich and making the final I'd definitely take the latter. We are too close to witnessing something incredible for our club to let a few quid or personal rivalries make a difference to us.

Do I want Woolwich to finish in the top 4? Absolutely not but that doesn't matter to me very much knowing we are two matches away from seeing our boys take to a field for club footballs biggest prize.

Extra money or not, a European final would be glorious to experience.

Agree 100%.

Only point is that atm I think Chelsea are slight favourites for top 4 over Woolwich as the south London nomads don't travel well and need to go to Wolves and Leicester whilst Chelsea most difficult match v Manu might not be do difficult if Manu players have already gone on holiday

I know everyone is writing United off, but with the fact that Woolwich lost today, United could actually go ahead of them if Woolwich are as shaky on the road as they have been all season.

City haven’t looked at their best and they were very lucky to get a result against us on Saturday I think.

United are shit but they are capable of causing an upset in a big game. The ideal world for me is still united pipping chelsea and Woolwich to 4th and us holding on to 3rd.

If one of chelsea or Woolwich make 4th then the corresponding team could win the EL and they could both end up with CL football which I don’t like the thought of.

Obviously we come first so as long as we win our remaining games it doesn’t matter but I still hold a little bit of hope for United.

I'd take Man Utd beating Chelsea next weekend if you guarantee me 6 points from our next 2 games and Utd lose in the week to City.

Means wed be on 73 points.
Chelsea would be on 69
Man Utd would be on 67

And hopefully Woolwich on no more than 69 with their two away games. Can't see them winning both

4 points clear with 2 games to go with a better goal difference on everyone below us. Means we'd basically just need 2 point from our final 2 games.

Though it's even better with Burnley surprising us tonight.

I'm more than happy to swallow a potential St Totteringhams day to a particular lot that wear red if it means we make the final & can be as fresh as possible. I care so little about Woolwich it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Let them have their braggin right, it's that kind of shit that inevitably will hold them back from reaching the highest heights.

Yeah i agree.

St Totteringham's day only mattered when we seemed incabable of finishing above them. Add in the fact that they always seemed to be in the way of champions league football and it got galling. It was a mental roadblock that needed to be overcome, like winning at stamford bridge. Once that duck was broken in 2017 i stopped giving too much of a shit.

There are far more important things going on.

Back
Top Bottom