The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re a cup final for them they will be a 100% up for it do Brighton first them get ready for spammers they’ll love nothing more than fucking us over....

The best thing about today is a little breathing space, that's all. It means a slip up hopefully is less catastrophic as Woolwich still have 3 away games, Chelsea play Man U at Old Trafford etc.

Best situation is Woolwich, Man U & Chelsea slip up over the next week big time in their games against tricky opposition as it will give us a breather before Ajax away and potentially the Champions League final

Dippers are guaranteed top four! But if they win they the CL does that take a slot away,no? But if we won it and finished outside top four that takes a place away as what happened in 2012.

Any one else looking forward to MotD tonight? Get the beer out the fridge, pour a glass of wine for the missus, get the dog his bonio during the scouse game then sit back and enjoy.

Surely we will finish 3rd now?

The one game I was worried about that we still have to play is Wet Spam at home, they will play like it’s a cup final and will be dying to give us our first loss at the new stadium and the game is only 3 days before our game against Ajax, potential banana skin so I am happy the scum lost today because it gives us some breathing room (provided we do the job in our other games that is.)

Seems about right.

We've got the easiest fixtures.
Woolwich have a game in hand over Chelsea and have easier fixtures than them.
Chelsea have played a game extra and have a tough game with United.
United have the hardest run-in.

Though I imagine those odds change at the end of the weekend when it's likely we are in 5th and only ahead of United on goal difference.
Newest:

Top 4 finish betting odds @ Sky Bet:

Spurs: 1/5
Woolwich: 5/6
Chelsea: 5/6
United: 5

Last edited:
It's probably best for us that Chelsea finish 4th, win the Europa and have their transfer ban
This 100 percent

If Chelsea get top 4 AND can't do any business..... And lose Hazard..... That is the best outcome.

It also means that technically Woolwich and Man U will have less cash for transfers and if there's a y truth in the myth if "Players want to play for teams who can give them champions league football" then that should also inhibit what business Woolwich and Man U can do.

Personally I think it's a myth and that 99 percent of football players are mercenary and they'll go where the cash is even if it means Thursday night football.

Back
Top Bottom