*****The Potters v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur Quarter Final Milk Cup *****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho is always the most critical of the players with the most talent. It was like that with Hazard, Pogba, Ndombele etc. The most talented ones should be the most consistent, anything less is a waste.

He isn’t overtly critical with Serge and Sissoko because they are giving what they can give.
Think that’s bang on, all about levels. Players less talented but pushing themselves and achieving more, versus highly talented players not reaching their potential. Remember in the Amazon doc , Jose saying something to Dele about going to be a pain in his arse but that being a good thing because it means he thinks he’s good (something like that anyway)

Well Jose likes him and he's the boss. Poch liked him too and used him in a similar way so they are wrong and you are right? clearly he does his limited job very well. He is a squad player but he's one I want to keep
Some people want Zidane in every position. They don’t understand that Sissoko does a job with the attributes he has, football is a team game. They’ll throw stats at you about his xg or his passing completion, I wouldn’t worry. He’s a top squad player to have without a doubt

Necessary and un-necessary errors? Messing up a pass when there’s nothing else on is different to trying a flick in the centre of the park when there’s time for a touch, easy pass and move. Jose’s midfielders have to play it simple as they are the wall between attack and defence - that’s why Sissoko gets a pass - there’s no point calling him out when his skill set is as it is - he can’t do better - Dele can; so could / can Tanguy...

Sissoko getting a “pass” for his technical failure is one thing, no one should get a pass for constantly hiding from the ball when team mates need an out ball and costing us games with laziness, continually failing to track your man and equally poor decisions.
Utter bollocks pal. Who is this mystical creature of whom you speak? You want an open chequebook for the club. To buy and sell as many players as it takes to acquire the unicorn that wins us the quadruple. And that could take years.
Dele was top drawer for much of his career. He isn’t beyond criticism for sure but he’s a kid still. What you want, you won’t get. Face facts

Well we had a much better version of it in Eriksen for 6 years, cost about 10m. Pal.
Well Jose likes him and he's the boss. Poch liked him too and used him in a similar way so they are wrong and you are right? clearly he does his limited job very well. He is a squad player but he's one I want to keep

Yeah, that worked out well for Poch. Good example.

Sissoko getting a “pass” for his technical failure is one thing, no one should get a pass for constantly hiding from the ball when team mates need an out ball and costing us games with laziness, continually failing to track your man and equally poor decisions.

Well we had a much better version of it in Eriksen for 6 years, cost about 10m. Pal.

Yeah, that worked out well for Poch. Good example.
Hiding? Don't see how he does that, he'll keep it simple, wont open up any defences but that's not the job or use his silky feet to glide by the opposition but that's not his job to. He'll do the ugly work so the other more technical players do their jobs. Of course he tracks back all the time. He's up and down constantly but he's no defender or man marker so to be left one on one is a bad idea if you're referring to the Leicester goal. Better version of it in eriksen? They played in the same team, they are not the same player. What are you going on about. Yeah it worked out very well for poch, challenged for the title twice, consistently in the UCL and we got to a final. Pretty good compared to managers befoe him don't you think? Had levy backed him he'd have done better. Get a grip

I remember watching Dele play an absolute blinder against Stoke away, in 2016(4-0 win). Such a buzz amongst us travelling fans afterwards. Hope he can revive his career.

Right or wrong about JMs comment re Dele and we all have complained about him losing possesion due his flicks or falling over. However a few points to note:
Double standards he goes after some players in public like dele and ndombele but not others. Serge andvsissoko v Leicester being prime examples . In fact he said there were plenty of mistakes made by players before the serge pen. To most people that barge was the most brain dead to do but JM does not scold him like has with Dele today. In fact sissoko and serge cost us the spam game.The flicks or first time passes Dele does there is always a risk in it but you do need some creative spark sometimes .
I think this more highlighted when counter attacking losing the ball in your own half whereas if we are camped in the oppo half playing possesion game it may not be so dangerous. On the subject of giving the ball away dier and davies do it all day long but not a squeak out of JM.
He seems to pick out the more skills creative players rather than the cloggers in general. Ifs fine for some players to keep making the same mistakes but as soon as say ndombele or a dele make a mistake his down on them like a ton of bricks and usually in public.
Mourinho was always like that to the players he actually rates. if he didn't shit on you , it means you already reached your ceiling , already work as hard as you can , and he can't expect anymore from you. So don't be misunderstood, he 100 % rates Dele Alli

Mourinho is always the most critical of the players with the most talent. It was like that with Hazard, Pogba, Ndombele etc. The most talented ones should be the most consistent, anything less is a waste.

He isn’t overtly critical with Serge and Sissoko because they are giving what they can give.

exactly

Pretending? Who is pretending? no club coloured blinkers on at all. Saying what I did isn't about what is or isn't José character at all. I just don't think what he said was a big deal at all. All of the successful managers, captains of successful clubs have this about them. So couldn't really give a fuck. If he says Dele losing a ball which went back to the opposition keeper before it came anywhere near our goal made him angry enough to sub him then that's the way it is but if his way doesn't work then he is dispensable as poch was. Fyi this isn't me saying anything negative about poch. Just saying managers are dispensable....
You seem outraged that anyone would question his man management
Didn't you say you were disgusted or something about Spurs fans questioning his attitude. The bloke is what he is all mangers are dispensable thats not what made actually me laugh at how precious folk had become in defence of a man who actually put his finger in an an oponents eye. The man is what he is lets not be silly and retrofit his character.

LMFAO at spurs fans pretending Jose Mourinho is not a vindictive little ruthless prick. He has said it about him self. I'm all for club coloured blinkers on but the man has always been a complete tool. Now he is OUR complete tool and I back him 100%. But he is as he was at Chelsea Madrid United Inter, a bad loser a poor sport a foul tempered man that will bend the rules throw his own granny medical staff and any given player under the bus. And poke you in the eye for good measure. Can we not become complete hypocrites now he is doing it in our dugout. Winner yes but as a man, he is no Bill Nick Keith Burkinshaw, or Ossie Ardiles or Poch. Way better people.
Are you still upset he poked one of your Barca idols in the eye?
😭

By that logic why didn’t he come out and hammer aurier at the weekend which probably cost us the game?

Do it in the dressing room if you’re gonna do it is what is what I’m saying. No big deal but just confirms he still has an axe to grind with Ali in my opinion
This is exactly what I'm debating with myself. I fully agree that Dele needs to stop giving the ball away by hanging onto it too long - he was guilty of it again yesterday and it's infuriating, but how does a manager deal with it?
Maybe Jose's been banging on to Dele about this flaw, in private, with no effect, so he needed to take it to the next, public, level?

Currently, I trust Mourinho to know what he's doing, but I also feel sorry for Dele. I suppose the simple solution is for Dele to cut it out of his game, but then he loses any vestige of the old, magical Dele we knew & loved (sadly, most of it has disappeared already).

The old Dele would have chipped the goalie and scored a beauty last night. Poor guy seems to make the wrong choice every time at the moment.

:(

I am not a fan of some of Mourinho’s scapegoating, throughout his career, some of it particularly has been mendacious, self serving bullshit.

I am not a fan of publicly humiliating players when they are in no position to reply publicly when managers do that, and managers don't get publicly hung out by players or chairman etc.

But in Alli’s case we’ve had 4 years of him doing this shit, fucking away attack after attack with his bumbing fuckery pokery and tonight it cost us a goal (as it has previously).

Pochettino indulged it way too much.

I think what Mourinho said there was absolutely what happed, I said exactly the same:

And even then he left him on and he did it again a few minutes later on a 3v2 counter.

But as someone said above ( Maureen maybe) , Mourinho does not hand out his humiliations very equitably, Sissoko has cost us points in at least two games with his direct fuck ups, and frequently ambles about losing his marker letting people run off him, etc, Dier's continually putting the defence under pressure with his careless passing and some dubious defending, Moura, Lamela can also be incredibly wasteful and cough up cheap possession, as can Son.
Perhaps the other names you've mentioned train hard, work hard, listen and generally follow instruction, whereas Alli doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom