*****The Potters v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur Quarter Final Milk Cup *****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He won’t get rid of him half way through a season and nobody will pay the wages he commands . He’s somewhere between useful & useless Baz. I’m sure he’s loved around the training ground. The documentary suggested he was very well respected as a person. I’ve no issue with that. He seems a great bloke. But have you ever worked with a lovely bloke who was not up to the job? That’s my worry.
He just doesn’t seem good enough at the top level. That brings into question whether we are top level. And that’s a question I can’t/won’t answer right now.
We’re not clearly but we aspire to be so let’s get behind Jose while we achieve it

You think your leg is broken, yet you won't get it seen? WTF why?
Forgive me for raising something off topic. My shin is very swollen. I am going to see if the swelling goes down overnight. I have definitely done damage to the muscle down my shin. I don't it is broken, it may be though, the person I was with seems to think so, I will see how it heals. A large percentage of covid cases are caught in hospital; rather avoid.

Forgive me for raising something off topic. My shin is very swollen. I am going to see if the swelling goes down overnight. I have definitely done damage to the muscle down my shin. I don't it is broken, it may be though, the person I was with seems to think so, I will see how it heals. A large percentage of covid cases are caught in hospital; rather avoid.
Fair enough I understand why you wouldn't want to go to hospital, however, you don't know the further damage that might happen internally. Good idea to see what happens overnight and take it from there.

Just watched the highlights and in no way is Dele responsible for their goal. After the flick the ball went to their fecking GK. You may as well reward Lonergan with an assist.

Go to hospital mate. A&E is empty. If it’s broken or suspected broken then you risk a longer stay in a covid19 rampant arena if you leave it. Quick look over and out with a bandage or cast. Or leave it and complicate it for a longer stay with bigger risks.

I don't really remember this flick that lead to their goal tonight but in all honesty I think a bit of unpredictability is exactly what we've been missing recently.We look so clueless in possession most of the time i'd rather we at least have the option of somebody like Dele that can unlock a stubborn defence by trying something out of the ordinary.

But Alli is part of that clueless in possession problem, not a solution. Unpredictability is fine, but his bumbling is predictable.

Sometimes what is needed is a sure touch, a bit of vision and the composure to make the right choice and execute it, Alli falls down too often on too many facets of those needs.

Just watched the highlights and in no way is Dele responsible for their goal. After the flick the ball went to their fecking GK. You may as well reward Lonergan with an assist.
Jose didn't even blame Dele for the goal if you listen to the press conf. He is more upset at us giving the ball away an allowing a counter. He was critical of Dele but not in the sense that he blamed him for the goal.

At least that is what I got from actually listening to the man instead of just reading a headline.

But Alli is part of that clueless in possession problem, not a solution. Unpredictability is fine, but his bumbling is predictable.

Sometimes what is needed is a sure touch, a bit of vision and the composure to make the right choice and execute it, Alli falls down too often on too many facets of those needs.
Possibly. I thought he made some intelligent runs tonight though and nearly scored a couple. I mean it’s only Stoke I’m not saying he was unbelievable but didn’t think he was bad enough to get hauled off!
Anyway, we’re through to the semis and it’s Brentford at home so appy Christmas who cares

Utter bollocks pal. Who is this mystical creature of whom you speak? You want an open chequebook for the club. To buy and sell as many players as it takes to acquire the unicorn that wins us the quadruple. And that could take years.
Dele was top drawer for much of his career. He isn’t beyond criticism for sure but he’s a kid still. What you want, you won’t get. Face facts

I see why some fans think it should have been private but a comment like that is hardly big. Sometimes you can't hide from it. Not seen the interview but the entire defence was really to blame for the goal not dele. The Jose abuse is just amazing for me. More then the comment he actually made about Dele.
LMFAO at spurs fans pretending Jose Mourinho is not a vindictive little ruthless prick. He has said it about him self. I'm all for club coloured blinkers on but the man has always been a complete tool. Now he is OUR complete tool and I back him 100%. But he is as he was at Chelsea Madrid United Inter, a bad loser a poor sport a foul tempered man that will bend the rules throw his own granny medical staff and any given player under the bus. And poke you in the eye for good measure. Can we not become complete hypocrites now he is doing it in our dugout. Winner yes but as a man, he is no Bill Nick Keith Burkinshaw, or Ossie Ardiles or Poch. Way better people.

I was agreeing with you until once again your Sissoko agenda became apparent

Maybe he deals with Sissoko and Dier differently

Give it a rest ffs

In case you haven’t noticed, there’s quite a few people with a “Sissoko is shit” agenda. Because he is fucking shit. Your agenda just won’t let you accept it because of your “look I told you he was good” epiphany that you had too much invested in

...Doherty makes Sissoko look like KDB on the ball...
...Dele played well, but has to get the no-look flicks out of his game if he wants to see more of the pitch under Jose...
COYS

Tis but a scratch

LMFAO at spurs fans pretending Jose Mourinho is not a vindictive little ruthless prick. He has said it about him self. I'm all for club coloured blinkers on but the man has always been a complete tool. Now he is OUR complete tool and I back him 100%. But he is as he was at Chelsea Madrid United Inter, a bad loser a poor sport a foul tempered man that will bend the rules throw his own granny medical staff and any given player under the bus. And poke you in the eye for good measure. Can we not become complete hypocrites now he is doing it in our dugout. Winner yes but as a man, he is no Bill Nick Keith Burkinshaw, or Ossie Ardiles or Poch. Way better people.

Pretending? Who is pretending? no club coloured blinkers on at all. Saying what I did isn't about what is or isn't José character at all. I just don't think what he said was a big deal at all. All of the successful managers, captains of successful clubs have this about them. So couldn't really give a fuck. If he says Dele losing a ball which went back to the opposition keeper before it came anywhere near our goal made him angry enough to sub him then that's the way it is but if his way doesn't work then he is dispensable as poch was. Fyi this isn't me saying anything negative about poch. Just saying managers are dispensable....

Just read like 5 pages - if I didn’t know the score I’d have thought we’d lost 3-1.
In all honesty we didn’t play great, first half we controlled the game but didn’t look that threatening. Second they played on the front foot and prior to a streaky 30 yarder from Davies I wasn’t that confident it wasn’t going to penalties.
Alli played well but I think for us to get the best out of him, he needs to play off Kane - getting him into this position with Son’s form a tall order unfortunately.
Kinda feel sorry for the lad, dosent play much and every time he gets on the pitch these days it feels like a job interview.
Lastly did anyone else have the feed where they interrupted live play to the team news of the next game and Son just happened to go through at that very moment? Atrocious broadcasting.
Bet my left arm with VAR that was a goal too, honestly didn’t look offside.
Either way we march on, need a win this weekend lads.
COYS

In case you haven’t noticed, there’s quite a few people with a “Sissoko is shit” agenda. Because he is fucking shit. Your agenda just won’t let you accept it because of your “look I told you he was good” epiphany that you had too much invested in
Well Jose likes him and he's the boss. Poch liked him too and used him in a similar way so they are wrong and you are right? clearly he does his limited job very well. He is a squad player but he's one I want to keep

Lamela was good when he came on, this cunt needs to stay fit, he’s a rat and can also play.

Alli decent effort tonight, give him a chance in the league, he can make something from nothing

Not the greatest performance but we did what we had to, and are looking at a final if we don’t get spursy

Back
Top Bottom