*****The Potters v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur Quarter Final Milk Cup *****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My guess? They’re hoping for a full house at Wembley. Or somebody in the house at Wembley. Spurs v Man Ushited final. 50% capacity.
That’s my shout anyway.

No I get why the final is pushed back but why is the semi on the date it would usually be (had the final not be pushed back)

I am not a fan of some of Mourinho’s scapegoating, throughout his career, some of it particularly has been mendacious, self serving bullshit.

I am not a fan of publicly humiliating players when they are in no position to reply publicly when managers do that, and managers don't get publicly hung out by players or chairman etc.

But in Alli’s case we’ve had 4 years of him doing this shit, fucking away attack after attack with his bumbing fuckery pokery and tonight it cost us a goal (as it has previously).

Pochettino indulged it way too much.

I think what Mourinho said there was absolutely what happed, I said exactly the same:

And even then he left him on and he did it again a few minutes later on a 3v2 counter.

But as someone said above ( Maureen maybe) , Mourinho does not hand out his humiliations very equitably, Sissoko has cost us points in at least two games with his direct fuck ups, and frequently ambles about losing his marker letting people run off him, etc, Dier's continually putting the defence under pressure with his careless passing and some dubious defending, Moura, Lamela can also be incredibly wasteful and cough up cheap possession, as can Son.
Necessary and un-necessary errors? Messing up a pass when there’s nothing else on is different to trying a flick in the centre of the park when there’s time for a touch, easy pass and move. Jose’s midfielders have to play it simple as they are the wall between attack and defence - that’s why Sissoko gets a pass - there’s no point calling him out when his skill set is as it is - he can’t do better - Dele can; so could / can Tanguy...

I was agreeing with you until once again your Sissoko agenda became apparent

Maybe he deals with Sissoko and Dier differently

Give it a rest ffs
Baz. Sissoko really isn’t living up to your hype.
I will defend a player I like. And I like Sissoko- he’s a lovely bloke . But he runs around a bit. He gets in the way a bit. And he really isn’t very gifted. He gets the ball & it bounces off his shin/knee/thigh up the field. He runs after it and he whacks it a bit further up the pitch with some part of his anatomy.
He does his very best. And that is admirable. All you can ask.
He needs to be replaced.

I will defend a player I like. And I like Sissoko- he’s a lovely bloke . But he runs around a bit. He gets in the way a bit. And he really isn’t very gifted. He gets the ball & it bounces off his shin/knee/thigh up the field. He runs after it and he whacks it a bit further up the pitch with some part of his anatomy.
He needs to be replaced.

Keep him as a squad player. He is an awkward lump and sometimes it's what you need. But as a squad player

As well as a top manager who wins things

Up to Dele

Sure, of course.

But I don’t know why we’re all clutching our pearls at the idea of Jose being a bit of a cunt. He has been his entire career. Works with some players. Doesn’t work with others. Could have easily said ‘it’s not about an individual, the team needs to react etc’.

Anyway, Dele is done here.

Jose was prompted by the journo re Dele.
What was he supposed to say ?

Also who was the first player Jose publicly called out on his arrival at Spurs ? Looking for Dele not his brother ?

Its up to Dele now, simple.

Keep him as a squad player. He is an awkward lump and sometimes it's what you need. But as a squad player
I like him. He’s obviously a great lad to have around the club. He just isn’t very good. His control is really poor. It’s like his brain in at least 3 seconds ahead of the rest of his body. Or 3 seconds behind.
I won’t shit on him like others do. But I can’t hide his shortcomings because he’s a likeable bloke.
When he came on tonight, I didn’t feel engorged.

He needs to be replaced.
You were doing well and on my Xmas card list until that last sentence which has earned you a ‘most wanted’ tag from Le Clique

If Jose gets rid in January I’ll never defend him again

Deal?

I like him. He’s obviously a great lad to have around the club. He just isn’t very good. His control is really poor. It’s like his brain in at least 3 seconds ahead of the rest of his body. Or 3 seconds behind.
I won’t shit on him like others do. But I can’t hide his shortcomings because he’s a likeable bloke.
When he came on tonight, I didn’t feel engorged.
I have blue pills

Mourinho is always the most critical of the players with the most talent. It was like that with Hazard, Pogba, Ndombele etc. The most talented ones should be the most consistent, anything less is a waste.

He isn’t overtly critical with Serge and Sissoko because they are giving what they can give.
Another common denominator/topic when Jose singles a player out for criticism is laziness/lack of application.

As you said, if you're a talented player then Jose expects them to consistently deliver on that level of quality. And if nothing else apply themselves in training and show a willingness to work hard. In the Amazon doc he outright called Dele lazy in training to his face.

Jose dislikes players that think that they can get by on talent alone. This is nothing new at all. He is more willing to forgive mistakes from players like Aurier, Sissoko, Dier etc because they keep working hard.

With both Gio and Tanguy possibly hurt after the Leicester game then Dele will have some time to prove Jose wrong coming up.

It's still a long way off but if, IF we won the Carabao Cup I reckon that'd relieve a fuck ton of pressure off the team going into the end of the season. The weight of not winning a trophy in 12 years would have been lifted, meaning that they'd be carrying less nerves moving forwards.

I'm whacking a tenner on us winning the FA Cup, Europa League and the Carabao Cup! Who's with me?!

:mourweird:

You forgot the league title! :sonpoint:

You were doing well and on my Xmas card list until that last sentence which has earned you a ‘most wanted’ tag from Le Clique

If Jose gets rid in January I’ll never defend him again

Deal?
He won’t get rid of him half way through a season and nobody will pay the wages he commands . He’s somewhere between useful & useless Baz. I’m sure he’s loved around the training ground. The documentary suggested he was very well respected as a person. I’ve no issue with that. He seems a great bloke. But have you ever worked with a lovely bloke who was not up to the job? That’s my worry.
He just doesn’t seem good enough at the top level. That brings into question whether we are top level. And that’s a question I can’t/won’t answer right now.

Fell over today into a ditch. My leg is fucked up, possibly broken. No way I am going near a hospital though. I missed the first half. I sort of watched the second half but was in so much pain. Did we play well? It looked as if we were bossing it.
You think your leg is broken, yet you won't get it seen? WTF why?

Back
Top Bottom