*****The Potters v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur Quarter Final Milk Cup *****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some players respond to public criticism and some don’t

I think Jose knows better than you or I who from our side will respond best

Stop sniping and get behind your team if you’re a Spurs fan
Fuck off back to Woolwich if you don’t
You really are the Neil Custis of this forum so blinkered in your view. All I’m saying is he seems to pick on a certain type of player. There are enough players who make regular mistakes but never get slated in public. Some fairness wouldn’t go a miss and what is it with bringing in the old tripe about some players responding to public criticism. You have no idea if that is why he does it or not.

Silly bint on the TV.

"If you're Brentford, are you just wanting to avoid Manchester City at all costs?"

You mean the team that Spurs shat over a few weeks ago?

FUCK OFF YOU SHLAAAAAAAAAG.

Right or wrong about JMs comment re Dele and we all have complained about him losing possesion due his flicks or falling over. However a few points to note:
Double standards he goes after some players in public like dele and ndombele but not others. Serge andvsissoko v Leicester being prime examples . In fact he said there were plenty of mistakes made by players before the serge pen. To most people that barge was the most brain dead to do but JM does not scold him like has with Dele today. In fact sissoko and serge cost us the spam game.The flicks or first time passes Dele does there is always a risk in it but you do need some creative spark sometimes .
I think this more highlighted when counter attacking losing the ball in your own half whereas if we are camped in the oppo half playing possesion game it may not be so dangerous. On the subject of giving the ball away dier and davies do it all day long but not a squeak out of JM.
He seems to pick out the more skills creative players rather than the cloggers in general. Ifs fine for some players to keep making the same mistakes but as soon as say ndombele or a dele make a mistake his down on them like a ton of bricks and usually in public.

Mourinho is always the most critical of the players with the most talent. It was like that with Hazard, Pogba, Ndombele etc. The most talented ones should be the most consistent, anything less is a waste.

He isn’t overtly critical with Serge and Sissoko because they are giving what they can give.

Fell over today into a ditch. My leg is fucked up, possibly broken. No way I am going near a hospital though. I missed the first half. I sort of watched the second half but was in so much pain. Did we play well? It looked as if we were bossing it.

Right or wrong about JMs comment re Dele and we all have complained about him losing possesion due his flicks or falling over. However a few points to note:
Double standards he goes after some players in public like dele and ndombele but not others. Serge andvsissoko v Leicester being prime examples . In fact he said there were plenty of mistakes made by players before the serge pen. To most people that barge was the most brain dead to do but JM does not scold him like has with Dele today. In fact sissoko and serge cost us the spam game.The flicks or first time passes Dele does there is always a risk in it but you do need some creative spark sometimes .
I think this more highlighted when counter attacking losing the ball in your own half whereas if we are camped in the oppo half playing possesion game it may not be so dangerous. On the subject of giving the ball away dier and davies do it all day long but not a squeak out of JM.
He seems to pick out the more skills creative players rather than the cloggers in general. Ifs fine for some players to keep making the same mistakes but as soon as say ndombele or a dele make a mistake his down on them like a ton of bricks and usually in public.
N'dombele got plenty of criticism from Jose but he knuckled down and sorted himself out. Dele's attitude doesn't seem to be the same. Maybe that's why he picks his mistakes out over others but I agree with you're saying to a point but is Jose going to name and shame a player he wants to keep. Think it's obvious Dele will leave in the summer if not on loan as a part ex for mbappe

You really are the Neil Custis of this forum so blinkered in your view. All I’m saying is he seems to pick on a certain type of player. There are enough players who make regular mistakes but never get slated in public. Some fairness wouldn’t go a miss and what is it with bringing in the old tripe about some players responding to public criticism. You have no idea if that is why he does it or not.
Exactly so I’m saying that Jose is the best person to judge as he sees them regularly in training and talks to them face to face so how is that view blinkered?

I don’t know who Neil Custis is so be specific

You have a hate agenda for our manager like a few others on here which is unacceptable

Even your name confirms this

Mourinho is always the most critical of the players with the most talent. It was like that with Hazard, Pogba, Ndombele etc. The most talented ones should be the most consistent, anything less is a waste.

He isn’t overtly critical with Serge and Sissoko because they are giving what they can give.
And doing what he tells them unlike Dele

I am not a fan of some of Mourinho’s scapegoating, throughout his career, some of it particularly has been mendacious, self serving bullshit.

I am not a fan of publicly humiliating players when they are in no position to reply publicly when managers do that, and managers don't get publicly hung out by players or chairman etc.

But in Alli’s case we’ve had 4 years of him doing this shit, fucking away attack after attack with his bumbing fuckery pokery and tonight it cost us a goal (as it has previously).

Pochettino indulged it way too much.

I think what Mourinho said there was absolutely what happed, I said exactly the same:

And even then he left him on and he did it again a few minutes later on a 3v2 counter.

But as someone said above ( Maureen maybe) , Mourinho does not hand out his humiliations very equitably, Sissoko has cost us points in at least two games with his direct fuck ups, and frequently ambles about losing his marker letting people run off him, etc, Dier's continually putting the defence under pressure with his careless passing and some dubious defending, Moura, Lamela can also be incredibly wasteful and cough up cheap possession, as can Son.
I was agreeing with you until once again your Sissoko agenda became apparent

Maybe he deals with Sissoko and Dier differently

Give it a rest ffs

It's still a long way off but if, IF we won the Carabao Cup I reckon that'd relieve a fuck ton of pressure off the team going into the end of the season. The weight of not winning a trophy in 12 years would have been lifted, meaning that they'd be carrying less nerves moving forwards.

I'm whacking a tenner on us winning the FA Cup, Europa League and the Carabao Cup! Who's with me?!

:mourweird:

It's still a long way off but if, IF we won the Carabao Cup I reckon that'd relieve a fuck ton of pressure off the team going into the end of the season. The weight of not winning a trophy in 12 years would have been lifted, meaning that they'd be carrying less nerves moving forwards.

I'm whacking a tenner on us winning the FA Cup, Europa League and the Carabao Cup! Who's with me?!

:mourweird:
And top four

Back
Top Bottom