*****The Potters v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur Quarter Final Milk Cup *****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele is finished here.

We all know Jose can be a mean-spirited, spiteful little prick.

Wow Some of our own fans talk about the manager like that. Well Jose has proven winner wherever he goes. If a player spits his dummy out over that he's not a player I want in the team.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't mind Jose giving our players stick in public, he's likely also doing it in the dressing room as well.

For too long Spurs players have got away with doing stupid things or putting in awful performances knowing their public image won't be hurt, too long they've got away without a kick up the ass.

I see why some fans think it should have been private but a comment like that is hardly big. Sometimes you can't hide from it. Not seen the interview but the entire defence was really to blame for the goal not dele. The Jose abuse is just amazing for me. More then the comment he actually made about Dele.

Right or wrong about JMs comment re Dele and we all have complained about him losing possesion due his flicks or falling over. However a few points to note:
Double standards he goes after some players in public like dele and ndombele but not others. Serge andvsissoko v Leicester being prime examples . In fact he said there were plenty of mistakes made by players before the serge pen. To most people that barge was the most brain dead to do but JM does not scold him like has with Dele today. In fact sissoko and serge cost us the spam game.The flicks or first time passes Dele does there is always a risk in it but you do need some creative spark sometimes .
I think this more highlighted when counter attacking losing the ball in your own half whereas if we are camped in the oppo half playing possesion game it may not be so dangerous. On the subject of giving the ball away dier and davies do it all day long but not a squeak out of JM.
He seems to pick out the more skills creative players rather than the cloggers in general. Ifs fine for some players to keep making the same mistakes but as soon as say ndombele or a dele make a mistake his down on them like a ton of bricks and usually in public.

Gave away the ball with a silly flick, then their central midfielder scored.

It's quite clear tbh.
By that logic why didn’t he come out and hammer aurier at the weekend which probably cost us the game?

Do it in the dressing room if you’re gonna do it is what is what I’m saying. No big deal but just confirms he still has an axe to grind with Ali in my opinion

I am not a fan of some of Mourinho’s scapegoating, throughout his career, some of it particularly has been mendacious, self serving bullshit.

I am not a fan of publicly humiliating players when they are in no position to reply publicly when managers do that, and managers don't get publicly hung out by players or chairman etc.

But in Alli’s case we’ve had 4 years of him doing this shit, fucking away attack after attack with his bumbing fuckery pokery and tonight it cost us a goal (as it has previously).

Pochettino indulged it way too much.

I think what Mourinho said there was absolutely what happed, I said exactly the same:

Stupid flick Alli..gives the ball away needlessly..and now they score the first time they are in our box

And even then he left him on and he did it again a few minutes later on a 3v2 counter.

But as someone said above ( Maureen maybe) , Mourinho does not hand out his humiliations very equitably, Sissoko has cost us points in at least two games with his direct fuck ups, and frequently ambles about losing his marker letting people run off him, etc, Dier's continually putting the defence under pressure with his careless passing and some dubious defending, Moura, Lamela can also be incredibly wasteful and cough up cheap possession, as can Son.

Last edited:
By that logic why didn’t he come out and hammer aurier at the weekend which probably cost us the game?

Do it in the dressing room if you’re gonna do it is what is what I’m saying. No big deal but just confirms he still has an axe to grind with Ali in my opinion
Aurier likely got a hammering, he did in the media anyway, undoubtedly privately as it was clear he made a horrendous mistake yet again in a penalty area...and I'll bet he got fucking roasted for it, he was dropped today anyway.

Maybe Alli was told to keep it simple and ignored it, maybe he doesn't think it was a bad mistake while Aurier's clearly was and would be something I'd actually expect a player to apologise for at half time in the changing room.

Maybe just saying it privately to Dele makes no fucking difference.

Wait a minute. Dele usually gets panned for his flicks coming to nothing and losing the ball a lot. Now his manager has called him out on it, probably after telling him a thousand fucking times about it and probably is one of the reasons why he does play, and now Mourinho is in the wrong?

He probably shouted that at Dele because he’s fed up with him as much as we are for doing it all the time.
Spot on. And if people actually listened to the interview the journalist actually put the words into Josés mouth (were you angry with Dele?) He just replied yes and pointed out that he should not create problems for the defence. But at the same time he should talk about how much of a mess the defence was. Not like Dele plays anymore anyway and you're right he probably has told him tons of times about his effort in training and in the match and Dele strikes me as the sort of player that sulks about things...

Aurier likely got a hammering, he did in the media anyway, undoubtedly privately as it was clear he made a horrendous mistake yet again in a penalty area...and I'll bet he got fucking roasted for it, he was dropped today anyway.

Maybe Alli was told to keep it simple and ignored it, maybe he doesn't think it was a bad mistake while Aurier's clearly was and would be something I'd actually expect a player to apologise for at half time in the changing room.

Maybe just saying it privately to Dele makes no fucking difference.
Jose is boss

Do as he says or face the consequences

He was quite right!

But isnt that whats pissing us off ref dele. Stupid flicks and tricks that never come off. He was at his best getting on the end of things, keeping it simple. Maybe mourinho wants him to get back to that but dele doesnt seem to want to get back to whatbserved him so well

I am not a fan of some of Mourinho’s scapegoating, throughout his career, some of it particularly has been mendacious, self serving bullshit.

I am not a fan of publicly humiliating players when they are in no position to reply publicly when managers do that, and managers don't get publicly hung out by players or chairman etc.

But in Alli’s case we’ve had 4 years of him doing this shit, fucking away attack after attack with his bumbing fuckery pokery and tonight it cost us a goal (as it has previously).

Pochettino indulged it way too much.

I think what Mourinho said there was absolutely what happed, I said exactly the same:

But as someone said above ( Maureen maybe) , Mourinho does not hand out his humiliations very equitably, Sissoko has cost us points in at least two games with his direct fuck ups, and frequently ambles about losing his marker letting people run off him, etc, Dier's continually putting the defence under pressure with his careless passing and some dubious defending, Moura, Lamela can also be incredibly wasteful and cough up cheap possession, as can Son.

I don't really remember this flick that lead to their goal tonight but in all honesty I think a bit of unpredictability is exactly what we've been missing recently.We look so clueless in possession most of the time i'd rather we at least have the option of somebody like Dele that can unlock a stubborn defence by trying something out of the ordinary.

Takes quite a mental leap to blame Dele for that Stoke goal. Loose bit of play but he was quite good today.

Sanchez looks bulkier. Maybe it's that green kit?

Happy with how Winks played and wouldn't mind him playing instead of Sissoko vs Fulham, Wolves or Sheffield if Ndombele isn't fancied in that position.

Last edited:
Bigger than Wolves on Saturday????

Honestly I know you’re not the only one with that opinion, and everybody is entitled to support the team however they see fit, but it never ceases to surprise me how differently folks prioritize games than I do.
So explain to me how wolves at the weekend is a bigger fixture than this ?

Back
Top Bottom