The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
I expect more from a a better manager than a lesser one.

I dont care what light it shows me in. The fact you think that always being negative is better than once being positive but changing your views due to changing circumstances says a lot to be fair.

Personally, I´ll be positive and open to any new manager until the time comes that positivity is challenged.

If you think its better to be negative from their first appointment, then that really isnt my problem
But you didn't expect anything at least up until the Chelsea semi, so Poch became a victim of his own success because after that you started to expect trophies where for 16 years you didnt.

You'll be positive to his appointment then if he doesn't achieve what you want in two years you'll become negative again.

There you go. Good work.
Continuing annual profit while the football team continued to come up just short.
The 2 most barren decades in the clubs post war history coinciding with a balance sheet the envy of others.
But the most important thing to remember is what ENIC actually stands for.
How much is their initial paltry outlay now worth as an investment. And who's responsible for managing and repaying the incurred debt over the next 3 decades.
In short, who are the real winners in all of this?

But why does making an annual profit come across as a bad thing John? If we aren't making a profit we are either breaking even or making a loss. If given the option of seeing the club do one of three things what would you rather it be doing, taking into account that football is a volatile sport and an injury here or there or loss of form can be the difference between finishing 4th and 5th:

1 - Retaining an average of £25m in profit per season on average.

2- Breaking even

3- Making a loss of £25m each season

This question isn't out there for just John by the way. It's open to anyone so I really would love to hear how you would run the club if it was your business, your livelihood and you called the shots. I'll even open up the 3 options to a fourth:

4 - retain an average profit or make an average loss and you give the figure you would settle for.

Thoughts on how you would run the finances at the club please gents and ladies, I am fascinated to know.

But you didn't expect anything at least up until the Chelsea semi, so Poch became a victim of his own success because after that you started to expect trophies where for 16 years you didnt.

Poch became a victim of his continued failures and not learning from his mistakes and not growing as a manager

You'll be positive to his appointment then if he doesn't achieve what you want in two years you'll become negative again.
Possibly....I dont have my lifes feelings all mapped out and rigidly stick to how I feel at a single point in my life.
Maybe Im prepared to give hime longer if I like what I see.
Maybe I turn on him after one year?

Depends on a hundred factors

I've never said otherwise.
For the one millionth time he should have walked away when Levy refused to back him last summer.
Sure, we'd have missed out on top 4 and the magnificent champions league campaign.
But the long term effect of our most popular manager in a generation walking out on the board who humiliated him would have probably far outweighed those short term highlights.
So indeed, Poch is partly responsible this mess that will take years to get back on track.

I don’t think he should be forced to walk away from his job and give up his income. He’s not a jilted lover ‘Daniel, I can’t take it anymore. It’s over! You cannot satisfy me financially, emotionally or sexually!’

He certainly would have benefitted from more support, but he’s playing an average hand badly. He should have dropped the wantaways and played the youth. Instead, he’s trying to hold onto the past. He’s too inflexible.

My main concern with him now is that I’m not sure I trust him with a rebuild. I don’t think he’s especially good at developing players or tactics.

For the one millionth time he should have walked away when Levy refused to back him last summer.
Sure, we'd have missed out on top 4 and the magnificent champions league campaign.
But the long term effect of our most popular manager in a generation walking out on the board who humiliated him would have probably far outweighed those short term highlights.
So indeed, Poch is partly responsible this mess that will take years to get back on track.

How do you know Levy refused to back him? The club wanted Grealish but rightly so they wouldn't pay the £40m desired and were hours away from getting him over the line, to the point where Grealish had waved goodbye to the Villa fans and has since come out and said he was certain he was leaving.

The new owners outright refused to sell after the quick and unexpected takeover so clearly money was there to spend. How do we know Poch didn't want others or hadn't prioritised Grealish and missed out elsewhere? Lo Celso moved that very same summer for a fraction of the fee we paid for him should and once he goes permanent so is it on Levy when he was prepared to pay £25m for Grealish or is it on Poch for not using that £25m to secure Lo Celso like he could have seeing as Gio ended up making a move to Betis for substantially less than the £25m we threw in Villas direction? Villa needed the money, we were right to use that to our advantage even though it backfired due to very rare and unforeseen circumstances.

Why didn't Poch go for GLC instead seeing as the money was clearly there to spend and why is this purely on Levy? Maddison went to Leicester the same summer for £22m, a cool £3m less than a Grealish. Why is it on Levy that Poch didn't fancy a player who could clearly do a job for us now?

Poch - I don’t need any players this window. I am berry happy with the squad.
Levy - OK. Cool.
John Thomas - Levy didn’t back Poch.
Me - What the fuck?

This nonsense if so infuriating.

The reason Pochettino & trophies is an issue for so many, is becasue we've actually had real opportunities to win one. This isn't wishful thinking. Over 6 years, this squad has been more than capable of winning something and have been in positions to do so.

Since he's been here, we've been to a League Cup Final, League Cup Semi-Final, Two FA Cup Semi-Finals & a Champions League final. We've also been one win away from going top of the Premier League (where all we had to do was hold on to a 2 - 1 lead against a 10 man Woolwich).

Whether we got there because of / in spite of ENIC is completely irrelevant. The point is, we got there.

On every single occasion, we have fucked it.

United FA Cup Semi, Chelsea FA Cup semi & CL final. Those three haunt me.
1 league cup in 18 years under enic who pick the manager who you say has failed.

So you honestly don’t think we’ve progressed as a club under ENIC because we haven’t won trophies?
I am arguing with the people saying we haven't progressed under poch because he hasn't won a trophy. If we are going by this logic then 1 league cup in 18 years is awful from enic. Fair enough if we are saying you can make progress without winning a trophy, because then both enic & poch has progressed us.
I was more aiming my post to the posters saying the "in thing" which is to bash poch for no trophies, yet say enic have done great despite 1 league cup in 18 years.
It's hard to keep up. 1 minute trophies aren't important, then the next minute they are vital.

A few yeah but that's not really the point.
They are the employers, they take some credit for our progress in the league from when they took over, surely they must take some of the blame for 99% of managers that they employed not winning anything.
If not then they can't take credit for anything that happens on the pitch.
If we do well it's "well done enic", if we do bad it's "sack the manager".

I still can't quite believe almost 50% of us lot on here want him to be sacked. I'd say that's not representative of our hardcore support. No way did 50% of our fans at Goodison want him out; mostly very loyal and supportive.

I understand the arguments and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just am amazed we are here considering the last few years. Certainly is a funny old game.

What????

That's your argument? Pochettino can carry on regardless, and I should be fucked off with the bloke who employed him because he can't see six years in to the future?
Yeah it was exactly that :pochcmon:. You think no trophies from poch in 6 seasons is bad but 1 league cup in 18 seasons is good.
You think poch is doing a bad job & needs to be sacked. But Enic, who picked this crap manager & have chosen not to sack him are still doing real good.
Keep deflecting & Not answering my points on you bashing poch for no trophies whilst excusing enic for 1 league cup in 18. & for strongly thinking poch is useless & should be sacked whilst excusing the people who chose him & who haven't sacked him.

Why can't you just say 0 trophies in 6 seasons is crap & So is 1 league cup in 18.
& poch is doing shit so needs to go & enic are doing shit for not sacking him.

But has you don't blame them for what happens on the pitch, what does it matter?
Latest 1 is that poch takes the blame for picking the team. But Enic take no blame for picking the manager & not firing him.
Sounds logical.

Yeah it was exactly that :pochcmon:. You think no trophies from poch in 6 seasons is bad but 1 league cup in 18 seasons is good.
You think poch is doing a bad job & needs to be sacked. But Enic, who picked this crap manager & have chosen not to sack him are still doing real good.
Keep deflecting & Not answering my points on you bashing poch for no trophies whilst excusing enic for 1 league cup in 18. & for strongly thinking poch is useless & should be sacked whilst excusing the people who chose him & who haven't sacked him.

Why can't you just say 0 trophies in 6 seasons is crap & So is 1 league cup in 18.
& poch is doing shit so needs to go & enic are doing shit for not sacking him.

A company hires a person to do a job.

Said person does job well for 3.5 years.

For the last 1.5 years the person does a poor job.

The person who hired him should be fired???

:dembele:

Back
Top Bottom