The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
5 cup finals in what is it 18 years or so that they've watched over us? At what stage do fans start to hold the players accountable for not having the nous to get it over the line? Under ENIC we've seen more European football than at any stage in our history but that'll get overlooked as well.

Poch is a miracle worker for getting Kane into europe, and Levy is a cunt because he didnt let Kane stay at Millwall and spend 250M on a replacement

How important is it for Spurs to get a result here tomorrow not only for the Champions League but in turning around this season?

Yesterday we were talking to someone. We were talking and he said we need to tell something that's important to know. Against Juventus in 2016 he played the final in Barcelona and they lost the final. In November they were in Italy in Serie A in 13th or 14th place and saying how difficult it is when you lose a final. Talking about Juventus, one of the best clubs. I think it's not to say nothing or to make excuses, it's only how difficult it is to manage different things.

How important is it for Spurs to get a result here tomorrow not only for the Champions League but in turning around this season?

Yesterday we were talking to someone. We were talking and he said we need to tell something that's important to know. Against Juventus in 2016 he played the final in Barcelona and they lost the final. In November they were in Italy in Serie A in 13th or 14th place and saying how difficult it is when you lose a final. Talking about Juventus, one of the best clubs. I think it's not to say nothing or to make excuses, it's only how difficult it is to manage different things.

I'm starting the day with a headache thanks to this...

If you click on the link, there is also more waffle about how we controlled the game against Everton until the red card.

I've read that too. It's truly worrying that he's talking about an improvement in our game. He's either trying to just sound optimistic or he actually believes it, which casts a doubt whether he can identify and address some of our issues. But we kind of knew that already.

I've read that too. It's truly worrying that he's talking about an improvement in our game. He's either trying to just sound optimistic or he actually believes it, which casts a doubt whether he can identify and address some of our issues. But we kind of knew that already.

That dinner with SAF the other year did nothing did it.
He probably told Poch to never back down.....but SAF was speaking from his chair, up in the Gods as the best manager that ever lived.

Never backing down when your team is playing like Kettering isn’t really a good look though

:pochfacepalm:

If you click on the link, there is also more waffle about how we controlled the game against Everton until the red card.

Perhaps if we had shown more teeth when we did have those large spells of possession and actually forced their goalkeeper to make half a save here and there them we would have ended up with more than just a 1 goal lead thus taking the element of what might and could happen in a moment of madness completely out of the equation?

The bloke really don't fucking help himself does he?

Never backing down when your team is playing like Kettering
Oh dear. Kettering? That’s the Kettering who beat Red Star 5-0 and drew with Everton with 10 men. What the fuck are you on about? The reason that this place is 50/50 is that most posters on here are detached from Spurs. A mixture of malcontents from around the world who don’t put their hands in their pockets, but still demand sweets like a child. When was the last time you spent a pound on Spurs?

7 out of 10 fans want him in - regardless of your sofa campaign.

Last edited:
Perhaps if we had shown more teeth when we did have those large spells of possession and actually forced their goalkeeper to make half a save here and there them we would have ended up with more than just a 1 goal lead thus taking the element of what might and could happen in a moment of madness completely out of the equation?

When has Pochettino ever, ever, ever, spoken in clear flowing English? Absolutely never. When we were winning people laughed at his cryptic bullshit - now they’re pinning him to the mast for it. All I can assume is that life must be so perfect for you chaps, and that when you wake up in a froth and demand answers above all the other problems that life presents, Pochettino’s English is at the forefront.

I envy you all. Just remember there will be a time when mummy doesn’t magically put the co-co pops in the top kitchen cupboard.

Oh dear. Kettering? That’s the Kettering who beat Red Star 5-0 and drew with Everton with 10 men. What the fuck are you on about? The reason that this place is 50/50 is that most posters on here are detached from Spurs. A mixture of malcontents from around the world who don’t put their hands in their pockets, but still demand sweets like a child. When was the last time you spent a pound on Spurs?

7 out of 10 fans want him in - regardless of your sofa campaign.

I've spent a fortune following this club and can't wait to see the back of him.

It's the fact I've devoted so much time & money to this football club that I cannot accept this shit any longer.

He tried to be a pioneer, not for the sake of the team, but for his own progression, and its fallen very flat.

It wasnt broken, but Poch took it and smashed it into little pieces just to try and be different and create a legacy.
The Man That Brought The Diamond To The PL, the headlines were supposed to say in ten years time.

Pretty funny coming from the man who claimed domestic cups were ego building..and the year he decided that "its my 6th year and we must win a trophy, even a Carabou" we crash out to a 4th division opponent at the first hurdle, because he still cant utilise his players the way he is trying to force on them.

Football is worse than the 90s
Away run is the worse in our history Id imagine

Worse bottle jobs than I can ever remember.

Lads its Tottenham again.

It's the fact I've devoted so much time & money to this football club that I cannot accept this shit any longer.

There seems to be a fallacy that nobody who goes to games every week wants Poch out.

I know seven.

Also a fallacy that you can cunt off Dier, Davies, Winks, Levy etc and nobody is running around calling you an armchair plastic.
Just Poch....hes bigger than the club to the real fanz

Well you have me at a disadvantage Ron. I’ve literally spent no money on Spurs over the last 40 years. I just spew my shit from a sofa in Sweden. If you cannot stand it, do something else mate. What you can or cannot do doesn’t mean that much to me.

Last edited:

WHAT?

It's disingenuous to transcribe the exact words of someone speaking in their second or third language, more so when you omit some of the words said that add context. Normally journos "tidy up" what non-native speakers say, correcting their mistakes, so when Pochettino says "I think we performance well" it gets reported as "performed well". Otherwise it looks like the person writing the piece is taking the piss.

If you listen to the actual answer to the hack's question (from 10:18 here) it makes perfect sense. You might not agree with it but it isn't the garbled ramble it seems when reproduced verbatim in black and white.

Under ENIC we have been in FIVE cup finals, though. And been close enough in more than a few campaigns to have had a sustained title challenge.

Levy and ENIC haven’t supported the team as much as they could, that’s clear. And as an investment company, we know what their true motivation is. But let’s not pretend that we couldn’t have achieved more over the years.

There are multiple semi finals in that time that we lost, too. We’ve fallen short on the pitch as well, and that’s on the players and management.
Let's agree to disagree. Using your logic, if we get to a final it's thanks to enic, if we lose in the final it's the players/managers fault for not getting us over the line.
Also it's still the owners choosing this manager who can't get us over the line. Its still the players failing under these owners who we bought under there budget. Bigger budget & I think we get better players & win more.
I also think it's pretty clear enic are that bothered about us winning the domestic cups & Nor is poch.
Also I don't think enic back us enough on the pitch to compete with the likes of city & Liverpool & to win the bigger stuff like titles. But if you & others do that's fair enough. We all have our own opinions, no right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom