The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
But you didn't expect to win any trophies before Poch took over.

Yeah. Before he took over.
After five years my expectations have changed, and losing 2 finals and 5 semis indicates we should have won at least one in that tenure.

I dont think that’s unrealistic.

You seem to have a major problem tackling the notion that if I don’t expect a trophy in August that means come May, I can’t be disappointed that we play Son at LB and get hammered.

Yeah. Before he took over.
After five years my expectations have changed, and losing 2 finals and 5 semis indicates we should have won at least one in that tenure.

I dont think that’s unrealistic.

You seem to have a major problem tackling the notion that if I don’t expect a trophy in August that means come May, I can’t be disappointed that we play Son at LB and get hammered.
So your expectations only changed this season?

You can be disappointed but if you didn't expect to win a trophy anyway then is not a really big disappointment when we dont win one.

It would be nice if Poch took a page out of Sherwood’s playbook and trusted our youngsters.

Is there any player we can point to and say “Poch definitely made him better”?

I used to think it was Dele. Then I thought it was Winks.

Both have gotten stale at a very young age
There are a number of players that are better now than they were when they or a Poch arrived. Some have since regressed.

Do we give Poch credit for Kane? I would give him a fair whack of praise for that. But I’d also credit Kane for staying behind after training to work on his game. Dele improved many times over and has since regressed. As with Rose, Trippier, Jan, Toby, Walker, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen. Many players got better and are now getting worse again. Poor coaching? Bad attitude? Poor formation? Lazy? No idea,

But has you don't blame them for what happens on the pitch, what does it matter?
Sorry. I thought I was being very clear. I’ll try again.

I blame ENIC for hiring an inexperienced, grassing, dickhead as manager. The fact he didn’t succeed was obvious to everyone the moment he was appointed.

However, on the rest of the appointments they’ve made, that decision has improved us or at least had a positive effect on us.

But they only get a small amount of credit for that as, other than the actual appointment and making money available, they have nothing else to do with success or failure.

No my expectations changed with every final and semi final we reached and could and should have won
Well you said this just two years ago
It's a nonsense theory unless you claimed the same before the season started.
As said, our target this year was top 4....how can it set us back by achieving our goal.
We have excelled, yet people try to project a negative spin and keep raising the bar.

In November was a trophy a must? No, 4th was even doubted.

Tired of this mantra that whatever Spurs do is not enough. You have teams like Liverpool and Utd with 500m debts punching 5 places below their weight.....City with their billions behind us and Woolwich fighting for 6th, but Spurs are supposedly under pressure to achieve or implode??

We are building, the rest are buying.

The pressure is certainly not on this club this season.

So your expectations changed very recently. Possibly after we lost to Chelsea?

Well you said this just two years ago

So your expectations changed very recently. Possibly after we lost to Chelsea?

Two years ago wasnt very recently (and it was actually 2yrs and 7 months ago), and we were still in the mix with our rivals which we arent now.
And "possibly after losing to Chelsea" would fit perfectly in with when I said:

Thanks again for keeping digging up quotes which show I was once an extreme backer of Poch and blowing away the myth I have an agenda and am always negative though

A scapegoat. & then when the new manager takes over it will be all his fault.
When really under enic, If the new manager is here for 18 years & wins us a league cup then it's been a success. Roll on 2037!

This nonsense is so infuriating.

The reason Pochettino & trophies is an issue for so many, is becasue we've actually had real opportunities to win one. This isn't wishful thinking. Over 6 years, this squad has been more than capable of winning something and have been in positions to do so.

Since he's been here, we've been to a League Cup Final, League Cup Semi-Final, Two FA Cup Semi-Finals & a Champions League final. We've also been one win away from going top of the Premier League (where all we had to do was hold on to a 2 - 1 lead against a 10 man Woolwich).

Whether we got there because of / in spite of ENIC is completely irrelevant. The point is, we got there.

On every single occasion, we have fucked it.

United FA Cup Semi, Chelsea FA Cup semi & CL final. Those three haunt me.

Last edited:
You make it sound like he’s being forced to work down a coal mine. He’s paid 8 million. Sure, fully agree that he could have done with a few more players, especially a RB and DM, but fuck me he’s responsible for a lot of this as well.
I've never said otherwise.
For the one millionth time he should have walked away when Levy refused to back him last summer.
Sure, we'd have missed out on top 4 and the magnificent champions league campaign.
But the long term effect of our most popular manager in a generation walking out on the board who humiliated him would have probably far outweighed those short term highlights.
So indeed, Poch is partly responsible this mess that will take years to get back on track.

Two years ago wasnt very recently (and it was actually 2yrs and 7 months ago), and we were still in the mix with our rivals which we arent now.
And "possibly after losing to Chelsea" would fit perfectly in with when I said:

Thanks again for keeping digging up quotes which show I was once an extreme backer of Poch and blowing away the myth I have an agenda and am always negative though
It's recent enough for someone who wasn't expecting trophies for 16 years.

Now you've gone from one extreme to another, I think it shows you in a rather bad light to be honest.
At least if you were always negative that would be consistent and more logical.

It's recent enough for someone who wasn't expecting trophies for 16 years.

Now you've gone from one extreme to another, I think it shows you in a rather bad light to be honest.
At least if you were always negative that would be consistent and more logical.

I expect more from a a better manager than a lesser one.

I dont care what light it shows me in. The fact you think that always being negative is better than once being positive but changing your views due to changing circumstances says a lot to be fair.

Personally, I´ll be positive and open to any new manager until the time comes that positivity is challenged.

If you think its better to be negative from their first appointment, then that really isnt my problem

This nonsense if so infuriating.

The reason Pochettino & trophies is an issue for so many, is becasue we've actually had real opportunities to win one. This isn't wishful thinking. Over 6 years, this squad has been more than capable of winning something and have been in positions to do so.

Since he's been here, we've been to a League Cup Final, League Cup Semi-Final, Two FA Cup Semi-Finals & a Champions League final. We've also been one win away from going top of the Premier League (where all we had to do was hold on to a 2 - 1 lead against a 10 man Woolwich).

Whether we got there because of / in spite of ENIC is completely irrelevant. The point is, we got there.

On every single occasion, we have fucked it.

United FA Cup Semi, Chelsea FA Cup semi & CL final. Those three haunt me.

Nono! It's all down to Levy.
He should have come up with tactics, select lineup and in the end pull on the boots and score hat-trick in semifinals/finals. He did not do it, so all those failings are down to him. Poch is blameless!!!
Get your thinking straight man!!

Back
Top Bottom