The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having a post match pint & thinking about the game. Bang average performance but job done. Thought GKN was brilliant when he came on. Thoroughly enjoy watching him & hope he gets more match time in the coming weeks.
Thought the Villa fans were excellent today- very vocal.

Some of their songs I simply could not understand. I guess it's the mix of Chinese and Brummie. But I seriously hated them when they started all that "Champions of Europe...you will never sing that". It was just fucking annoying. I hear their owner thinks they will be a European Super Club inside 4 years. Good luck with that one.....

Aston Villa: New owner Tony Xia wants club to be as well known as 'Madrid or Barcelona'

They were fucking annoying, reminded me of Leeds when they came back in the cup a few years ago.........you aren't a big deal anymore lads........that's why our crowd is dead, you are irrelevant to us.

Sad that a 'good' club is in that position, but for them to try to patronise us is a fucking joke.

New rules...?

Match Threads must contain the time and date of the game at least...?
Tired of opening a thread, and seeing something like....."Lets Win" as the opening post....then I have to go BBC and get the details of the game etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrollwtf:
:deledoubt:
:lamelaaghh:
:pochshock:

Give me some coffee

:llorishowudoin:

I know Villa aren't Gillingham, but we really need to prove to ourselves (as well as the players involved tomorrow) that our squad can cope with being in 3 competitions...
yes yes yes the Premier League is first and foremost... but come on, if we don't win it, it would be nice to win something... that's where the UEFA Cup Europa League and F.A Cup (and the fringe players in our squad) come in!

I really wanna win the F.A Cup... does that make me a bad man?
Man City look like they were taking it seriously last night... and they're minted! ...plus i'm pretty sure they've also got eyes on the PL too...
I'd like to think we could challenge for the League, whilst still taking the Cups seriously... guess what, we can have our cake and eat it!

There will be a minimum 7 Premier League clubs not in the next round.

I think Pochettino is slowly and surely building a nucleus and possibly a foundation for success but we need a trophy.

More than the energy sapping and largely pointless Europa, both the domestic cups represent to me a chance for success outside of the Premier League.

I hope Pochettino shows the competition which used to define our great club the respect many of the fans crave.

I don't get why teams sing "Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that" to Spurs considering we were the first ENGLISH team to win a European trophy..

well that was a first for me for the first time in ages .... watching a home game live on the Beeb, from my sick bed. Did what we had to do to win the tie, avoid a replay and we're in the hat for the the next round. Not the most exciting of games, especially the first half, but it takes two teams to make a game and Villa came to frustrate us. Vincent didn't help his cause, but love GK, hope he gets a few more chances. Job done.

Well, it's called "taking a risk", which by definition can go either way : it paid off and I am delighted that so many fringe players (who would probably start regularly in most PL sides) got 90 more minutes under their belt

Over 90 minutes Winks was my MOTM: every time he plays he looks like he's got one season more experience in his game. He is tidy, fearless and composed. It was only Villa, but at times he looked like Beckenbauer today

Delighted with N'Koudou and CCV's performance. CCV will be an absolute beast, I reckon
I don't have any big expectation for this season , but it's never looked so good for us

Poch was spot on

Apart from the "Champions of Europe, You'll never sing that"

Where to start?
That was in 1982. In the 35 years since then, they have finished in the top ten just 15 times. Relegated twice and spent the last five years playing in front of about 20k in a ground that holds some 50k

#behemoths
Yep.......but.......
It's pissed everyone off. Which is exactly what it's intended to do. If you are forced to show up at a gunfight with nothing but a knife - then you might as well make sure it's a 6 foot broadsword.

Singing that they were the best team in Birmingham would have impressed no-one

We're no 26 in the draw, Ledleytastic!
Plus the Year of the Cockerel starts on Jan 28th (as was 1981).
It is written...

Year-Of-The-Rooster.png

Back
Top Bottom