The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DJoc5CUXUAAmMwK.jpg

Have been quiet because I stopped reading the thread just before kick off, and have spent the last hour reading through the many many pages since then.

Damn I love this forum, and I love this feeling. We are a proper, proper team. Everybody was brilliant tonight, and poch has a plan b!!! Halelouja!!!

Kane is having his bale moment, yes they are very very different players, but I would argue that he is now more influential, and I can see this guy staying with us for many many many years.

I'm just so happy. . . And my Mrs waited until the full time whistle to announce that she's pregnant! ! ! (We were trying) what a fucking day! ! !

I don't think Hoddle is right to say Dortmund were the better side. They were in the first half, but they shot their muck early and lacked the stamina to handle us for the duration. We deserved that, fully.

I've lived in Germany for eight years now. The commentators here look at English teams and the national side as a bit of a joke (guess we should be thankful for the attention?), but last night was class. The commentators and the players in their post-match interviews all looked as though they'd been to the doctor and been told "I'm afraid your cancer has AIDS".

What a result and performance that was.

I believe we came of age last night, I think we showed a different side to our mentality and showed we can change to suit our opponents style of play, this is something we have lacked in the past.
Poch outsmarted one of the smartest teams in world football.
Normally we would stick to our usual game plan have loads of possession but end up with nothing.
This was so pleasing to see that we do have alternatives.
This is how we should set up and approach games we play against Liverpool and Man City to a certain extent.

There was some outstanding performances last night and the fact that we had to play Son instead of Alli worked in our favour.
I have never seen a team play so high up the pitch, they were virtually playing a 2-4-4.
I couldn't believe they were playing like this with that shit keeper they have, his positional play was shocking.

I still don't think we will beat Real but I go into the games against them with a lot more confidence now I've seen we can mix it up a bit.
Credit to the manager and every player that produced this magnificent result.

We've totally bollocksed up talk sports entire schedule today as they were going to spend all day talking about the Wembley hoodoo and how inept we are in Europe..

Very happy Yid this morning..

Last edited:
Think it's a pretty easy selection...

[formation=3421, Hugo, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Aurier, Dier, Dembele, Erisken, Son, Kane][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom