THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

o76zezA.jpg

Morning lads.

So, our West Ham was your West Brom, or something. Even down to a star player doing something ridiculous and getting banned.

No gloating here - firstly because we haven't won it yet and I refuse to believe it until it's confirmed, and secondly because Spurs have been magnificent this season. I'm just glad it took you 6 or 7 games to realise just how good you could be.

If you can hold on to Poch, I think you have a lot of enjoyment and silverware to come, whatever the end of this season brings.

Youngest team in the Prem with some of the hottest property in Europe , most impressive to watch . Incredible togetherness/ Harmony among the players , staff & fans , Young superb manager, new stadium on its way & possibly Champions League football....

Yup there's plenty to laugh at about Spurs .. :myword:

Very proud of them all

Still so fucking proud of this side. Predicted 4th at the season's start and we're going to get 2nd.

Amazing achievement tainted by the dream of the title but Leicester deserved it and if we're honest now, losing to them at home cost us.

What I am certain of is this was no fluke, we'll be back up there next season. Not one team is as well set for 2016-17 as us.

We're the team to beat.

Youngest team in the Prem with some of the hottest property in Europe , most impressive to watch . Incredible togetherness/ Harmony among the players , staff & fans , Young superb manager, new stadium on its way & possibly Champions League football....
Yup there's plenty to laugh at about Spurs .. :myword:

Very proud of them all

Spot on.

I wouldn't swap what we've got with any other club.

All the likes of Chelsea have is the hope of chucking bucket loads of dirty money to have another shot at the title.
We will once again try to do it with young talent who came through the academy and cost next to nothing..

5 English players in the national side, how many did Woolwich and Chelsea have?
4 players in team of the year, how many did Woolwich and Chelsea have.?

Look at how much those two have spent recently and yet they both seem to think they can laugh at us for finishing potentially 2nd..

It just shows how much of a threat we are to them.. We've overtaken both of them and they can't stand it..

It's beautiful..

Well this is depressing.

I could accept it if we failed to bring down one of the big guns. Someone with experience of a title run in.

But Leicester? Sorry not having it.

The worse thing about it all is the round robin circle jerk amongst "neutrals".

Oooooh plucky little Leicester. With their billionaire owner and racist rat of a striker. Fuck em.

Our success (or apparent lack there of) has been built on years of gradual improvement and investment of the fans money.

If all they had was that to support them they would still be scraping by in the lower leagues.

As you can tell, I'm not "over it" yet.

Cunts. All of them. And all of you. And most of all me for believing the curse had lifted. I'm off to punch someone in the throat at work. Have a nice day xx

This.

I don't really hate Leicester. But I fucking hate the "Leicester should win, they deserve it" media and neutrals story. It's fucking bullshit (well, at least it was until we fucked up against WBA).

If "deserve it" means they have the most points, then ok. If that's the only metric one looks at, then ok. But then, if they hadn't won it, it wouldn't be a problem, cause whoever had overtaken them would then deserve it.

By pretty much any possible metric, WE've deserved it. We've played the best football, created the most chances while at the same time had the best defence.

Have we done so splashing a shitload of cash? No! We're the only club to have a positive net spend for something like the last 4 transfer windows.

Have we done it by paying a shitload of wages? Nope. Our best paid players earns the same as Schlupp (!) and Vardy. Okazaki earns more than Kane. Huth earns more than Vertonghen.

Have we done so in a freak one-off season, where we have barely had any other competitions to worry about? Nope, we've had europa league on Thursdays, which I think is widely accepted as the hardest competition to combine with a succesful PL run.

Are we the club where the goalkeeper, the two CBs, the two midfielders, the best winger and the best striker have lost a total of 6 games in the first 35 rounds? Nope, that would be Leicester.

We're the club that have taken step by step closer to the top. Who finally got close to the title with a majority of players coming to the club as young, unfinished articles.

We could've been the youngest title winning side ever(?).

We have the most English national team players, none of which had caps before joining us.

We've become succesfull through very hard work, with double training sessions, and through hard work in games, being the team that have the second highest number of kms ran.

We've been succesful playing intriguing, modern, high press, high ambitions football.

Not by being the third from the bottom side in number of passes, with a pass miss percentage on par with the worst in the league.

Not by sitting in our own third and counter attacking. Or by getting twice the number of penalties of the second luckiest team in that regard.

WE were the fucking fairy tale. Not the wicked witches of Leicester. They're the ugly step sister, we're the beautiful princesses. We should've won the kingdom. Not those fucking cunts.

This is an adventure, allright. But one without a happy ending.

They say that Leicester winning can be an inspiration to small teams everywhere. But what kind of a fucking inspiration would that be? "Cheat, dive, sit back and counter. Don't worry if you hit your passes. As long as an odd long ball hits its target, you can score and win. Oh, and play the lottery every week. This Leicester side has shown that you can do anything with luck, so go out there and get rich by lottery, it's possible."

Us winning would be fucking inspirational. "It is possible to reach the top with young, English players. It is possible to reach the top as young, English players. It is possible to beat richer, bigger clubs, by working very hard, by putting in extra effort in training. It s even possible to do so playing positive football. Be like Spurs. Be brave, be dedicated, work hard, be succesful!"

Fucking Leicester, but even more so: Fucking everyone saying they are the fairy tale, and that they are deserved winners (as if we wouldn't be if we'd overtaken them).

Woolwich vs West Brom

Sandro shivs Ozil and Sanchez, provoking a massive brawl causing all 22 players (including those with wounds) to be sent off.

We play Claudio Yacob and a baguette and win a nervy 1-0.

The wife knows the drill, baby will be bathed and in bed by the time I come home, game of thrones on the download to be watched at 6:45 sharp. Then off out with the girls at 7:30 leaving me to watch the game in peace. She's earning her right to be married to me at present to be fair.

Strange to read the comments about the crowd. The trains from Liverpool St were fucked up and many fans (including our group) arrived 20 mins late. I've no idea how it came across on TV, but the crowd was great last night. Constant singing, and the response when WB equalised was immense. Also, as Raiders Raiders has mentioned the ground broke out in a chorus of 'we love you Tottenham we do' at the final whistle. Maybe the sky sound engineer got it wrong, but the crowd certainly wasn't quiet.

Back
Top Bottom