THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem for me is that this is just typical Spurs, not new Tottenham, but Typical "let's allow the world to laugh at us again" Tottenham. It's West Brom @ home and we come up short in the one of the biggest games we have had, there is simply no comfort.

Then realise that we are not guaranteed Champions league, we are not safe from the scum and we have Chelsea next without Dier & likely Ali.....all of a sudden a clogger like Craig fucking Dawson has spun everything on its head. I am less fucked off about the league than I am looking down and realising that "holy shit" this could still go badly badly wrong, when it should have been over ! Got to get 4 points from 9, but anyone see an issue with winning at Chelsea or away to a revitalized and desperate Newcastle, or which team would love to stick it to Poch most ? Oh ok play them at Home !

As for why we came up short. Well to be fair, 1 striker is likely to be the short answer, so many draws suggests a lack of cutting edge, despite stats.
Anyone laughing at Spurs' achievements this season is a complete cunt and not worth wasting ur time worrying about.

We've won 9 of our lay 12 matches in this run in and no other fucker in the league has come close to challenging Leicesters lucky season so what have they got to laugh about?

It's frustrating beyond belief that it's ended on a game like last night but considering the leagues going to be won by a team playing exactly the same way it's like it's just written.

What's annoyed me most (as I probably never really thought we'd have the luck to catch them) is last night was a massive 3pts in the securing top 4 and practically wrapping up 2nd or 3rd. I just hope our boys get over the disappointment quick enough to fire on all cillenders against the chavs.

I think the way the rest of the league and media have treated us in this title run has been pretty disgusting and I hope we take some of that as fuel for the last few games/into next season.

Couldn't get on this place last night did we run out of coal. Or have I just got a shit phone
My guess is the site was flooded by all the "fans" that have been surprisingly absent on here for most of the season. I'm not going to piss myself off by reading back and finding out though.

Already seen a few digs at players like Mason and Poch for "not having a plan B". Anyone that's posted stuff like that last night / today is a prick imo

Honestly I would rather disappointment tonight than last day of season where there would have been tears and heart attacks as Fabregas and friends let Leicester walk past them, that would have been pure cruelty

I have nothing but excitement for the team and can't wait to fly back and show my appreciation at the next home game, 10 years of greatness awaits

Can't wait to see how Leicester gets broken apart, the sequel of their Hollywood Movie will be so much fun

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

That is exactly how I see it..to lose the title with Chelsea players and fans gloating for the next 10 years would have hurt so much more..
They are gutted they can't be credited for stopped my us win the league..

Look, this has been the best season most of us can remember. The players and everyone involved in the club can be nothing but proud.
This team will learn a lot from this season and come back even stronger. Never in my lifetime as Spurs fan have I witnessed a brighter future..

This week will be a big test for Poch's man management - even ignoring the possible missing players for the Chelsea match.

There isn't going to be the same title-chasing motivation that we had previously (especially if it's all over by the time we play), but there also won't be the pressure that the players had in this match.

I've been a but worried on the focus the manager and the players ave had on finishing first. Normally professional sportsmen tries to focus on the next game, or at least say in interviews that they do, but we've been talking a lot about how we're going for first and chasing Leicester.

When first have been so clearly our goal lately, I'm scared that heads will drop and our season "will be over" next week. I'm scared we'll lose second, and maybe even third (..and fourth), and that the arses will manage to top us.

We really do have some tough games ahead, and can not afford to lose focus.

Morning lads.

So, our West Ham was your West Brom, or something. Even down to a star player doing something ridiculous and getting banned.

No gloating here - firstly because we haven't won it yet and I refuse to believe it until it's confirmed, and secondly because Spurs have been magnificent this season. I'm just glad it took you 6 or 7 games to realise just how good you could be.

If you can hold on to Poch, I think you have a lot of enjoyment and silverware to come, whatever the end of this season brings.

Morning lads.

So, our West Ham was your West Brom, or something. Even down to a star player doing something ridiculous and getting banned.

No gloating here - firstly because we haven't won it yet and I refuse to believe it until it's confirmed, and secondly because Spurs have been magnificent this season. I'm just glad it took you 6 or 7 games to realise just how good you could be.

If you can hold on to Poch, I think you have a lot of enjoyment and silverware to come, whatever the end of this season brings.
not conceding quite yet but if you win it fair fucking play

I've been a but worried on the focus the manager and the players ave had on finishing first. Normally professional sportsmen tries to focus on the next game, or at least say in interviews that they do, but we've been talking a lot about how we're going for first and chasing Leicester.

When first have been so clearly our goal lately, I'm scared that heads will drop and our season "will be over" next week. I'm scared we'll lose second, and maybe even third (..and fourth), and that the arses will manage to top us.

We really do have some tough games ahead, and can not afford to lose focus.

I think you are underestimating the manager.

Also a little bit of the edge has gone out of the Chelsea game, and they've proven to be flakey all season.

I think you are underestimating the manager.

Also a little bit of the edge has gone out of the Chelsea game, and they've proven to be flakey all season.
No loss of edge to me we got to pulverise the fuckers so this butterfly can break free from the entombing chrysalis of the last 20 years

Back to fucking work boys

Come on you Spurs

When we were at Stoke last week, a song kicked off that's sung to the same tune as 'Gooner on a string' (kick his fuckin' head in), which had 'Being a Yid' in it - can anyone enlighten me as to what the rest of the words are, please?

EDIT - the one they're singing now!

Surprisingly that song has been about for a few years..there has been one or two variations but the most popular one and the one that's sung today is;

We sang it in France and we sang it in Spain,
We sing in the sun and we sing in the rain.
They tried to stop us but look what it did, coz the thing I love most is being a Yid.
Being a Yid, being a Yid, the thing I love most is being a Yid.

Back
Top Bottom