THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

true. that's football for you. it will be tough mentally on the players.
rather than looking up & fighting for the title, you are suddenly looking behind you & trying to just consolidate
where you are.
it will be a good learning experience for them all.

shouldn't look too far ahead, but with 3 games to go,

1 win seals top 4.
1 win & a draw seals 3rd & a finish above Woolwich. only city can then stop us from 2nd if they make up some goal difference.

can someone clear something up. what is the ruling with if Liverpool or man city win the European cups they are in. & if they both win it?
I have heard people say it means different things.

I am probably being greedy, but it be really nice if Woolwich get 4th & miss out because of this ruling.

How Liverpool and Man City could end United's Champions League hopes

read this very clear. 3rd will get us in.

Not sure and normally dont care until it happensl, keep winning games and the positives take care of themselves. I expect massive reaction against the Chavs. We win, LC lose, suddenly we will all get excited again and raise our hope just to get smacked down again.

How Liverpool and Man City could end United's Champions League hopes

read this very clear. 3rd will get us in.

Not sure and normally dont care until it happensl, keep winning games and the positives take care of themselves. I expect massive reaction against the Chavs. We win, LC lose, suddenly we will all get excited again and raise our hope just to get smacked down again.
We need 5 points for 2nd but 4 will probably be enough due to goal difference.

I'm pretty certain it's only an issue if they both win AND both finish outside the top 4. So for Woolwich to miss out Man Utd would have to overtake both Woolwich & City, City finishing 5th behind 4th Woolwich, then Liverpool & City both win their respective cups.

It's a real long shot.
cheers. I was hoping if Liverpool win the Europa, then whoever finishes 4th (Woolwich) loses their CL spot.
oh well.

The last thing needed tonight is a west brom bus being parked up

Just take the point and move on Can't understand why people were suprised with pulis arriving with his West Brum's blow up bus stop in his kit bag. the coaches and mamager will have gone through this situation on the build up to the game and had some sort of plan to cope and counter it. what bothers me is teams will rock up to WHL having seen this and do a simular moves in future

At the level of being in a team pushing for titles, I agree (though I think he'll have a good PL career).

That's not what I replied to though. You had at Mason based on his choice of passes, and that's what I responded to. If you change the subject of debate halfway through, it's kinda pointless.

Actually no i haven't changed the subject. I stated initially that the sub was pointless as Mason offers nothing. You then stated that we were losing the midfield battle and he was there to fulfil Dier's role. I then stated he didn't even do that as WBA were still peppering us through the middle when he was on (hence it being a waste sub).

I'm pretty certain it's only an issue if they both win AND both finish outside the top 4. So for Woolwich to miss out Man Utd would have to overtake both Woolwich & City, City finishing 5th behind 4th Woolwich, then Liverpool & City both win their respective cups.

It's a real long shot.
both win, 5 teams allowed in CL- both winners and top 3 out of the 4.

Actually no i haven't changed the subject. I stated initially that the sub was pointless as Mason offers nothing. You then stated that we were losing the midfield battle and he was there to fulfil Dier's role. I then stated he didn't even do that as WBA were still peppering us through the middle when he was on (hence it being a waste sub).
The fact anyone is critususing players or the manager at this point is so far beyond cuntish it's untrue.

Mason was the obvious replacement for Dier and he was one of our star men last season.

Who needs rival fans with supporters like this.

:chadliblow:

The fact anyone is critususing players or the manager at this point is so far beyond cuntish it's untrue.

Mason was the obvious replacement for Dier and he was one of our star men last season.

Who needs rival fans with supporters like this.

:chadliblow:
What are you talking about? You can support the team without agreeing with absolutely everything the manager does ffs. I didn't like that sub at the time..i didn't think putting Mason on would change anything and i thought Son should have been given more time. Quit trying to make it more then it is.

Don't look downwards fellas we will get there

If that was fucking Leicester all 3 of the shots that hit the post would have gone in, one of those games where nothing went in and then the equaliser seemed to rattle us a bit

Lets fuck up Chelsea good and proper

Annoying result, but I don't feel upset. Yes, we're the best footballing side and Leicester have been exceedingly lucky this season, but they have ground at results and worked hard as a team. They deserve some credit. Not too much, as they have been lucky, and played anti-football all season, they will remain shit, nothing they can do about that, and they will finish mid table next year. We will be stronger and have a better attempt at the title next season. We have had an absolutely fantastic outcome this season, very likely to finish second and every single person here would have bitten off your hand for that at the start of the season. Honestly, I would have been delighted with finishing fourth this year. I did not expect us to be so fantastic.

I find it amusing that the Woolwich fans are out today having a laugh at us. They are desperate to try and claw back some credibility after their crap season and looking up at us and our prospects for the future. They are hurting, that is what it really means, but nothing they say can make me hurt instead. The fact they are talking about us failing at the title with just three games left tells the story on it's own. They were never in with a chance of the title. We're better than them and they know it.

What this game against West Brom will do is get a reaction from Poch. He sometimes takes some time to get the players to understand the problems and fix them but he always manages to do that. In my opinion we need to learn to sit back and say, "fine, we've been unlucky hitting the post and somehow not managing to kill the game off, so let's see if you can score when we just defend like you do" but my guess is that Poch has better plans for us, he will just make us even better at attacking and make sure that we can go up another gear to take teams apart that play negative football against us. Either way, he will sort it out for next season.

Strange to read the comments about the crowd. The trains from Liverpool St were fucked up and many fans (including our group) arrived 20 mins late. I've no idea how it came across on TV, but the crowd was great last night. Constant singing, and the response when WB equalised was immense. Also, as Raiders Raiders has mentioned the ground broke out in a chorus of 'we love you Tottenham we do' at the final whistle. Maybe the sky sound engineer got it wrong, but the crowd certainly wasn't quiet.

Strange to read the comments about the crowd. The trains from Liverpool St were fucked up and many fans (including our group) arrived 20 mins late. I've no idea how it came across on TV, but the crowd was great last night. Constant singing, and the response when WB equalised was immense. Also, as Raiders Raiders has mentioned the ground broke out in a chorus of 'we love you Tottenham we do' at the final whistle. Maybe the sky sound engineer got it wrong, but the crowd certainly wasn't quiet.
I was West Upper.

It was loud there throughout.

...think that covers it really

Back
Top Bottom