THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we have enough left in the tank I really do. Not the physical energy but the mental capacity to keep going.

If United win we are still in with a shout, can cope with the loss of Alli and give Chelsea a game and maybe have what it takes to win. If United lose the effect it could have would concern me.

The team have been magnificent this season. Just on a completely different level but could still finish 5th which is nearly impossible to believe. That's why Pochettino's job in the next few days is such a huge one. He has to prepare for all eventualities but that additional striker option is a massive miss.

It was the first time I felt we lost our nerve and much credit in that has to painfully be given to Leicester who have been absolutely astounding. No words can adequately say how good they have been. But we still had them in a good place if we had won but I think collectively we froze and I include Pochettino in that. It was nearly as though we were thinking of Chelsea once we scored. Cardinal error.

So let's see. You have to think United won't lose to Leicester. That means our task is either draw and two wins or 3 wins.

Hope springs eternal but worst case scenario and Leicester do beat United we have to remember 5th could still be a tasteless dessert to a tremendous main meal.

Well this is depressing.

I could accept it if we failed to bring down one of the big guns. Someone with experience of a title run in.

But Leicester? Sorry not having it.

The worse thing about it all is the round robin circle jerk amongst "neutrals".

Oooooh plucky little Leicester. With their billionaire owner and racist rat of a striker. Fuck em.

Our success (or apparent lack there of) has been built on years of gradual improvement and investment of the fans money.

If all they had was that to support them they would still be scraping by in the lower leagues.

As you can tell, I'm not "over it" yet.

Cunts. All of them. And all of you. And most of all me for believing the curse had lifted. I'm off to punch someone in the throat at work. Have a nice day xx

This.

I don't really hate Leicester. But I fucking hate the "Leicester should win, they deserve it" media and neutrals story. It's fucking bullshit (well, at least it was until we fucked up against WBA).

If "deserve it" means they have the most points, then ok. If that's the only metric one looks at, then ok. But then, if they hadn't won it, it wouldn't be a problem, cause whoever had overtaken them would then deserve it.

By pretty much any possible metric, WE've deserved it. We've played the best football, created the most chances while at the same time had the best defence.

Have we done so splashing a shitload of cash? No! We're the only club to have a positive net spend for something like the last 4 transfer windows.

Have we done it by paying a shitload of wages? Nope. Our best paid players earns the same as Schlupp (!) and Vardy. Okazaki earns more than Kane. Huth earns more than Vertonghen.

Have we done so in a freak one-off season, where we have barely had any other competitions to worry about? Nope, we've had europa league on Thursdays, which I think is widely accepted as the hardest competition to combine with a succesful PL run.

Are we the club where the goalkeeper, the two CBs, the two midfielders, the best winger and the best striker have lost a total of 6 games in the first 35 rounds? Nope, that would be Leicester.

We're the club that have taken step by step closer to the top. Who finally got close to the title with a majority of players coming to the club as young, unfinished articles.

We could've been the youngest title winning side ever(?).

We have the most English national team players, none of which had caps before joining us.

We've become succesfull through very hard work, with double training sessions, and through hard work in games, being the team that have the second highest number of kms ran.

We've been succesful playing intriguing, modern, high press, high ambitions football.

Not by being the third from the bottom side in number of passes, with a pass miss percentage on par with the worst in the league.

Not by sitting in our own third and counter attacking. Or by getting twice the number of penalties of the second luckiest team in that regard.

WE were the fucking fairy tale. Not the wicked witches of Leicester. They're the ugly step sister, we're the beautiful princesses. We should've won the kingdom. Not those fucking cunts.

This is an adventure, allright. But one without a happy ending.

They say that Leicester winning can be an inspiration to small teams everywhere. But what kind of a fucking inspiration would that be? "Cheat, dive, sit back and counter. Don't worry if you hit your passes. As long as an odd long ball hits its target, you can score and win. Oh, and play the lottery every week. This Leicester side has shown that you can do anything with luck, so go out there and get rich by lottery, it's possible."

Us winning would be fucking inspirational. "It is possible to reach the top with young, English players. It is possible to reach the top as young, English players. It is possible to beat richer, bigger clubs, by working very hard, by putting in extra effort in training. It s even possible to do so playing positive football. Be like Spurs. Be brave, be dedicated, work hard, be succesful!"

Fucking Leicester, but even more so: Fucking everyone saying they are the fairy tale, and that they are deserved winners (as if we wouldn't be if we'd overtaken them).

Alli has something left on him by every club lately, especially in the first fifteen minutes. Last night Yacob must have had those instructions.
I absolutely despise Pullis and his 'Anti Football." Practically a back six last night with all the Pullis hallmarks. Spoil, foul, get set pieces, time waste.
The sooner he quits the less tarnished the game will be.
Absolute disgrace.

Just to show how far we have come this season. Let's all remember how some other clubs react when drawing at home to West Brom.

Cg_ew1gWMAAOHrS.jpg

Stuck in meetings over in San Francisco so missed it. What happened? Did we freeze or did they just bank up against us?

Ach - whatever it was or what this season becomes I'm proud that we played football the right way to get what we did - and not the industrial hoof ball shit that Leicester push out.

Stuck in meetings over in San Francisco so missed it. What happened? Did we freeze or did they just bank up against us?

Ach - whatever it was or what this season becomes I'm proud that we played football the right way to get what we did - and not the industrial hoof ball shit that Leicester push out.
We bossed them for the first 30 minutes. Hit the post when it was easier to score, got our goal from a set piece. West Brom then got more and more into the game. They ultimately won the midfield battle, I actually thought Fletcher was outstanding for them in midfield. Sessegnon continued to get the better of Rose in the second half and Rondon caused all sorts of problems for our back line. Lamela also hit the post and could have sealed the win.

Best atmosphere I've witnessed at the Lane, but then again I don't get to go that often.

Dembele was pretty much unplayable, just wish he'd attempt to shoot more often.

Our bench was pretty weak I hate to say.

Love you Tottenham.

Atmosphere was excellent for most of the match, but it did get nervy in the second half when we just couldn't get the second goal, and the players seemed to tense up a bit too. The whole club was frustrated at the end, but it was great to see plenty of applause, singing and appreciation for the team at the end. COYS.

Yacob had a nasty - though not over the top - tackle on Alli in the first five minutes, as I recall. And some scraps off the ball.

Care to elaborate what makes you state so confidently that the punch was the reason for WBA's improved second half? I can think of five betters reasons off the top of my head...
Confidently ? Def not confident and just an opinion. They seemed disinterested to start and that incident seemed to motivate them a bit

As Sven used to say when England manager ' First half good, second half not so good '

This.

I don't really hate Leicester. But I fucking hate the "Leicester should win, they deserve it" media and neutrals story. It's fucking bullshit (well, at least it was until we fucked up against WBA).

If "deserve it" means they have the most points, then ok. If that's the only metric one looks at, then ok. But then, if they hadn't won it, it wouldn't be a problem, cause whoever had overtaken them would then deserve it.

By pretty much any possible metric, WE've deserved it. We've played the best football, created the most chances while at the same time had the best defence.

Have we done so splashing a shitload of cash? No! We're the only club to have a positive net spend for something like the last 4 transfer windows.

Have we done it by paying a shitload of wages? Nope. Our best paid players earns the same as Schlupp (!) and Vardy. Okazaki earns more than Kane. Huth earns more than Vertonghen.

Have we done so in a freak one-off season, where we have barely had any other competitions to worry about? Nope, we've had europa league on Thursdays, which I think is widely accepted as the hardest competition to combine with a succesful PL run.

Are we the club where the goalkeeper, the two CBs, the two midfielders, the best winger and the best striker have lost a total of 6 games in the first 35 rounds? Nope, that would be Leicester.

We're the club that have taken step by step closer to the top. Who finally got close to the title with a majority of players coming to the club as young, unfinished articles.

We could've been the youngest title winning side ever(?).

We have the most English national team players, none of which had caps before joining us.

We've become succesfull through very hard work, with double training sessions, and through hard work in games, being the team that have the second highest number of kms ran.

We've been succesful playing intriguing, modern, high press, high ambitions football.

Not by being the third from the bottom side in number of passes, with a pass miss percentage on par with the worst in the league.

Not by sitting in our own third and counter attacking. Or by getting twice the number of penalties of the second luckiest team in that regard.

WE were the fucking fairy tale. Not the wicked witches of Leicester. They're the ugly step sister, we're the beautiful princesses. We should've won the kingdom. Not those fucking cunts.

This is an adventure, allright. But one without a happy ending.

They say that Leicester winning can be an inspiration to small teams everywhere. But what kind of a fucking inspiration would that be? "Cheat, dive, sit back and counter. Don't worry if you hit your passes. As long as an odd long ball hits its target, you can score and win. Oh, and play the lottery every week. This Leicester side has shown that you can do anything with luck, so go out there and get rich by lottery, it's possible."

Us winning would be fucking inspirational. "It is possible to reach the top with young, English players. It is possible to reach the top as young, English players. It is possible to beat richer, bigger clubs, by working very hard, by putting in extra effort in training. It s even possible to do so playing positive football. Be like Spurs. Be brave, be dedicated, work hard, be succesful!"

Fucking Leicester, but even more so: Fucking everyone saying they are the fairy tale, and that they are deserved winners (as if we wouldn't be if we'd overtaken them).

THAT /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

[

You weren't the fairytale bro and yeah no one wanted Spurs to win. Not because Spurs didn't play good football - they did. Not because they haven't achieved anything good - you have. But because your fans are the worst group of fans to follow a club in the world. And the whole of England does not want to see you win.

Then why are your fans so ridiculously defensive? Why all the FA is corrupt stuff? You draw one game and it's conspiracy this, conspiracy that. You went into meltdown when you had to start playing on a Sunday - I've never seen anything like it. We had 3 Mondays on the spin and barely a peep from our lot.

Why are your fans too stupid to understand that because you're top, Sky want to televise your games? It's all fuck Sky, and Sky are cunts, but you'll take their money - of course you will.

We've had many fans of other clubs tell us that they'd prefer it if we won it, don't kid yourself. There simply isn't enough love in the world to satisfy your pathetic fans' need for it. You're an ugly club, that bought the championship with a nasty spoiling team (breaking FFP rules along the way) - an anti-football team, with laughably needy smalltime fans who cry when you're losing.

Now fuck off - 'bro'.

Last edited:
Interesting that we had the 2nd loudest fans in the league last season (Utd were 1st, but their ground is more than twice the size of ours) taken on decibel levels home and away, and then combined to give an average. I'm at a loss to know why the crowd sounded nervous, it certainly didn't seem like that to me.

I watched the Stoke game on TV, and for the first 10 minutes the sound mixing was terrible. Whoever was responsible sorted it out, but clearly it can be misleading. The Leicester fans claiming 'you could hear a pin drop' are obviously exaggerating, but they must have got the idea from somewhere. All I can say is I was there, and the atmosphere was very good with noise emanating from unusual areas of the ground. Shame it didn't come across like that.

The loudest fans in the Premier League revealed

I wouldn't take any notice - the Leicester fans are just pissed off that everyone laughs at their clapper things

[

This is one of the most ridiculous posts on any forum I have ever seen in the world. Getting the most points means you deserve to win. Points are earned not handed out. You know you don't get points for passes at the start of the season? Leicester deserve it. By any possible metric you have deserved it? What about the metric passes to goals scored ratio. Leicester smashed spurs on that one, and it is equally as pointless as all the metrics you have quoted. You have splashed loads of cash - do you remember Gareth Bale money? Lots of clubs have a positive net spend. Woolwich only bought a keeper in for free in the summer. Villa never spend any money. Having a positive net spend doesn't mean spending no money - it is called net spend because it is not gross spend. Your best paid players earn the same as Leicester's best paid players...therefore silly point. Most people would accept the CL as the hardest competition to combine with a successful premier league run. But nice making stuff up. Really good point about Leicester losing 6 out of the 35 first rounds. That is really good observation and doesn't at all sound like the sourest grapes. the majority of players coming to the club as unfinished articles? Leicester made Kane. MK made Alli. Lisbon made Dier. I will give you Ryan Mason. And you did your best to ruin Lamela. What is high ambitions football? It sounds very ambitious I am intrigued. There is nothing bad about not having a lot of passes go astray. Most neutrals would say that Leicester have been the most exciting team to watch, with pace, skill, determination. Counter attacking is a beautiful system to watch when it is done correctly. Cool double training sessions. Don't Leicester go out for pizza every clean sheet. I think you need to work harder.

Spurs dive as well bro. Lamela tried one the other night. Nice spectacles.

You weren't the fairytale bro and yeah no one wanted Spurs to win. Not because Spurs didn't play good football - they did. Not because they haven't achieved anything good - you have. But because your fans are the worst group of fans to follow a club in the world. And the whole of England does not want to see you win.

Oi! RICKY.....NOOOOOOOOO

b160b90e-2786-4f5d-abf4-94e0ca03ef5c-1020x612.jpeg

Seriously though, just fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom