The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of our fouls are more controlled though. I'd hazard a bet that many of our yellow cards this season are from professional fouls in the centre circle to stop the opposition breaking.
By contrast, Alderweireld has had, what, three yellow cards in the league this year? Definitely a more composed defence we've got going on - so it's not like we're making desperate fouls.

Very interesting about Woolwich. For anyone who is unfortunate enough to have seen a number of their games, they'll see the play acting, card-miming, diving bunch of cunts they are. Alas, this doesn't exactly translate into a team receiving a large number of cards.

I'm proud of Spurs being the way they are compared to Woolwich though. We can play football that is just as pretty as theirs - but our players have grit whereas they're a bunch of pathetic twats.

Yeah, it would be interesting to compare the cards earned and cards to fouls ratio beyond just looking at total fouls.

I have had that feeling for a very long time - credit to Spurs to achieve 2nd with hostile reffing all season.

From Premier League website;
Most fouls committed;
1. Crystal Palace 448
2. Tottenham 439
3. Man.Utd 436
------
18. West Spam 353
19. Bournemouth 348
20 Woolwich 328

Therefore despite Spurs playing clearly the best, most attractive football in the PL, we are one of the dirtiest teams in the PL, and Sky's most shown team Woolwich the cleanest. Tells a story on it's own....
We would be 3rd or lower, if you remove Chav game.:pocheyes:

Therefore despite Spurs playing clearly the best, most attractive football in the PL, we are one of the dirtiest teams in the PL, and Sky's most shown team Woolwich the cleanest. Tells a story on it's own....
Define dirtiest? Some bookings are justified, some are the refs getting it wrong and most are in context of the modern game with players forcing a tackle and getting players booked. I wonder how much revenue has been collected from these fines, its a winner for the FA. It would be interesting to see numbers from now compared to some years back and where is LC on this list? We haven't had a player defined as a cheat - sent off and banned.

hqdefault.jpg

Is this Rab Nesbitt or Sausage Vince?

:dierno:

The one at 5 minutes in this video, right?

You're bang on. Watch it and it's plain to see that 4/5 Chelsea players are on Clattenberg and Dier like hungry dogs on a steak. Our players, if anything, come in to try and stop trouble - only Walker is being aggressive and Terry takes him out of it.

Very similar to what these cunts did v PSG last season to get Zlatan sent off!

Loved it when they got knocked out!
Loved it......
:adelol:

The thing is that the game was just what we love in England , feisty, full of heart , mistakes & some great football. It was a bloody derby & you'd expect nothing less. The media are loving it by throwing fuel on the fire that should have died out as soon as the whistle went.
It was a classic & sky, Talksport are in danger of ruining what the fans love about football.

Another example of referees inconsistency would be Hazard who, after scoring, slid towards our fans celebrating aka Ade with Woolwich fans and nothing happened to him but when Chadli scored at Woolwich he cupped his hand round his ear symbolically if you like and he got booked!

:chadliblow:

Quite liked this piece from Rory Smith. I don't agree with all of it, especially the comparisons with Liverpool, as that Liverpool team couldn't defend for shit whereas we have the best defence.

Hmm, let's see - are we run by a chancer manager whose title charge was fuelled by a single brilliant player (2014 Liverpool); or are we a young team full of talent with a great manager in charge (1992 United)?

Hmm. I just don't know.
:pocheyes:

The thing is that the game was just what we love in England , feisty, full of heart , mistakes & some great football. It was a bloody derby & you'd expect nothing less. The media are loving it by throwing fuel on the fire that should have died out as soon as the whistle went.
It was a classic & sky, Talksport are in danger of ruining what the fans love about football.
Absolutely fucking right. Very disappointing in the end, but one of the most compelling games I can ever remember going to.

Also our fans were great. Where I was in lower tier, everyone was singing, everyone was hurling abuse at Chelsea, everyone really into the game, no one taking selfies or checking their phone, old-ish stadium with everyone tightly packed in, close to the pitch, poor view of the game, insane celebrations when we scored, just how I like it.

A far cry from what it will be like in my seat in the Paxton on Sunday. But then again I don't think I could take that excitement every week, better to keep it to the away games otherwise I get too knackered!

Absolutely fucking right. Very disappointing in the end, but one of the most compelling games I can ever remember going to.

Also our fans were great. Where I was in lower tier, everyone was singing, everyone was hurling abuse at Chelsea, everyone really into the game, no one taking selfies or checking their phone, old-ish stadium with everyone tightly packed in, close to the pitch, poor view of the game, insane celebrations when we scored, just how I like it.

A far cry from what it will be like in my seat in the Paxton on Sunday. But then again I don't think I could take that excitement every week, better to keep it to the away games otherwise I get too knackered!

Was in the Upper tier on this occassion, first time i've been up there, normally in lower tier.

I was a bit disappointed at first but it was fucking superb to be honest.. Proper old school celebrations when both goals went in.
Loved every minute of it and this game is always a must in the very few away games I do these days.

Me and my mate are in the Paxton Upper for this. First time this season - usually south upper.

Will be bringing my flag and singing my fucking lungs out.

Was in the Upper tier on this occassion, first time i've been up there, normally in lower tier.

I was a bit disappointed at first but it was fucking superb to be honest.. Proper old school celebrations when both goals went in.
Loved every minute of it and this game is always a must in the very few away games I do these days.
I've been in the Upper Tier for about 8 years in this fixture, then this game was in the Lower tier. Before 8 years ago, was always in the lower tier, and a bit before then we used to be up the side, and when the ball went much over head height you couldn't see it. I always wonder how they allocate you.

Much better atmosphere in the Lower tier at Chelsea for some reason, whenever I've been there. And always seems to true at WHL, that the away fans in the lower tier sing a lot more and celebrate goals more than those in the upper. I've always wondered why that is. Do they have more or less loyalty points or something like that? Or is it just being close to the pitch gets you more into the game?

Sorry, I fear this is getting a bit nerdy...

I've been in the Upper Tier for about 8 years in this fixture, then this game was in the Lower tier. Before 8 years ago, was always in the lower tier, and a bit before then we used to be up the side, and when the ball went much over head height you couldn't see it. I always wonder how they allocate you.

Much better atmosphere in the Lower tier at Chelsea for some reason, whenever I've been there. And always seems to true at WHL, that the away fans in the lower tier sing a lot more and celebrate goals more than those in the upper. I've always wondered why that is. Do they have more or less loyalty points or something like that? Or is it just being close to the pitch gets you more into the game?

Sorry, I fear this is getting a bit nerdy...

I would imagine it's when you apply for them. They offer out in numerical order.. That applies to some clubs not sure about every club though..

Whilst upset that we didn't win this, I fucking LOVED us kicking them to bits. We've needed to be cunty for decades and haven't been like this since the likes of Roberts, Gough, van den Hauwe.

It reminded me of the guy who gets chucked out of the party and completely trashes the gaff on his way out. If we weren't going to win that game, we were taking bones as momentos instead.

Its hard to work out a fair punishment for violent conduct.

Personally, id prefer someone scratch me towards my eye rather than have an elbow smashed in my face.

But huths elbow got a 3 game ban & dembele will probably get at least 5.

But i guess my system of doing it in on what id hate more is very flawed!

Its like the tame pushing your forehead in to someone elses will get u the same punishmemt as a deliberate elbow smashed in your face.

Define dirtiest? Some bookings are justified, some are the refs getting it wrong and most are in context of the modern game with players forcing a tackle and getting players booked. I wonder how much revenue has been collected from these fines, its a winner for the FA. It would be interesting to see numbers from now compared to some years back and where is LC on this list? We haven't had a player defined as a cheat - sent off and banned.
lucky us they werent correctly sent off during the match! Its only afterwards they spotted it.

Back
Top Bottom