The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously, it feels like this game has taken on mythical status. There were a lot of yellow cards, sure, but there were a few that were given out for what wasn't actually violent behavior or dangerous tackles. This talk of point deductions seems a little too far fetched and in no way justified by someone watching the game. We've seen broken legs due to dangerous tackles and straight up brawls, without the kinds of penalties being thrown around. Dembele will serve his time, we'll get a fine, and all this is likely to go away after that.
The points deduction "thing" is instigated by scum twitter army, not more than that.

Okay, Ive not had the chance to post on here recently, but here is the Exiles take on things:
Negatives:
- We should have put less effort into the Europa cup. We should have fielded a weakened side against Florence, and gone out then, rather than against the Germans
- We should have bought a senior player who had won things as a calming influence on the side. Steven Gerrard could have been the man.
- Spurs completely lost the plot against Chelsea. That showed immaturity, its a young squad but they shouldn't have risen to the bait. Dembele in particular, who is a wonderful player, but lost his head. It also looked men vs boys in the West Brom game 2nd half. We need a leader and the GK isn't where you want your captain to be
- Erikssen is the best analyst out there when it comes to Spurs. We threw away the PL against the Woolwich at home. That was old Spurs behaviour.
Positives:
- Poch and the major players will resign. We have a good shot at the PL nxt year but not if we go far in the CL.
- The other major PL sides are all rebuilding. Spurs have continuity, we should have won the title this year, but Poch is good at overcoming the typical Spurs bottling attitude.
In conclusion, Spurs continue to break my heart. This was our year and frankly we chucked it. But if Poch can retain the positive mindset, and our best players, we will be in for a shout re PL for the nxt four years

Okay, Ive not had the chance to post on here recently, but here is the Exiles take on things:
Negatives:
- We should have put less effort into the Europa cup. We should have fielded a weakened side against Florence, and gone out then, rather than against the Germans
- We should have bought a senior player who had won things as a calming influence on the side. Steven Gerrard could have been the man.
- Spurs completely lost the plot against Chelsea. That showed immaturity, its a young squad but they shouldn't have risen to the bait. Dembele in particular, who is a wonderful player, but lost his head. It also looked men vs boys in the West Brom game 2nd half. We need a leader and the GK isn't where you want your captain to be
- Erikssen is the best analyst out there when it comes to Spurs. We threw away the PL against the Woolwich at home. That was old Spurs behaviour.
Positives:
- Poch and the major players will resign. We have a good shot at the PL nxt year but not if we go far in the CL.
- The other major PL sides are all rebuilding. Spurs have continuity, we should have won the title this year, but Poch is good at overcoming the typical Spurs bottling attitude.
In conclusion, Spurs continue to break my heart. This was our year and frankly we chucked it. But if Poch can retain the positive mindset, and our best players, we will be in for a shout re PL for the nxt four years
1325795244_angry_face.gif

Didn't think I could hate anyone more than that lot down the road, but after this game, the Chavs are picking up the mantle. What a bunch of mean-spirited, green-eyed scumbags they are proving to be. Shows how all the money in the world can't buy class.

Negatives:
Positives:
Dier will be our next long term skipper!
They are grooming him for the job and it will take time!

Negatives:
Positives:
I'm taking issue with your "conclusion"
I don't feel broken hearted and I'm not alone- we have had a fantastic season- have you been living under a rock? And we're not waiting 4 years for at title!

Negatives:
Positives:

Don't rush back!

:pochrolleyes:

Didn't think I could hate anyone more than that lot down the road, but after this game, the Chavs are picking up the mantle. What a bunch of mean-spirited, green-eyed scumbags they are proving to be. Shows how all the money in the world can't buy class.

Quite agree Mrs P and I said something similar earlier this week!

Very upset after Monday's debacle with those cunts getting away with murder!

Still simmering now but a good result and performance tomorrow will help!

:pochohshit:

Negatives:
Positives:
I can only assume you dont post much because you recognise your lack of cogent thought, which is positive. Not posting is what you are doing well.
Posting stuff like this is a return to bad ways.

Not sure why you think that Poch and the senior players are all going to quit though.

Quite agree Mrs P and I said something similar earlier this week!

Very upset after Monday's debacle with those cunts getting away with murder!

Still simmering now but a good result and performance tomorrow will help!

:pochohshit:
Yes, its taken me this long to calm down and be able to post, without winding myself up. And I'll forgive you rhe 'c' word this time ....... heck, even I thought it a few times this week.

Let me guess, they did everything possible to make Sunderland win so their old manager Rafa Benitez who they criticised throughout his tenure, can get relegated?

Wouldn't put it past them. Or it's just normal service resumed and their shit selves lost.

Back
Top Bottom