The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's not forget to put this into perspective, either...

On Monday, Spurs players (who have otherwise been relatively well behaved this season) entered a match that had been built up by the media and Chelsea's players as 'where their season would end' and a cauldron of hate. Chelsea proceeded to engage in as much winding up as possible (which should have been shut down by Clattenberg, but was not), which invariably led to a lot of the Spurs players' frustration boiling over.

Given the circumstances, heat of the moment, general rivalry with Chelsea, and age of the squad I think a lot can be said for this being a 'one-off' kinda thing.

Let's cast our minds back to the Luis Suarez racism fiasco, and how Liverpool as a squad behaved:

100118534_football_245443c.jpg

suarezreu_2091574b.jpg

This was after the event, is clearly premeditated, and demonstrates zero respect for the authority of the FA or the severity of the racism charge against Suarez.

But they got nothing for that. No bans, no points deduction, zip.

If they dared try to deduct points from Spurs for Monday evening, then they're a fucking disgrace.

OK. So there it is...
Hands up who knew he was a Yid before they watched that??
I did not. I'd assumed he was gonna be a fat gloating plastic bandwagon Chelsea fan...

There I was, all ready to lambast them for plumbing new depths...

...when in fact it's MUSICAL GENIUS & SOUL SENSATION VAGNER who proved me wrong...
Gawd bless the talentless ol'duffer.

He may be awful, but he's OUR awful!

Rule E20 is on the FA website;

STANDARD PENALTY 1 :- CHARGE ADMITTED AND STANDARD
PENALTY ACCEPTED
Premier League £ 20,000
Championship £ 5,000
League 1 £ 2,500
League 2 £ 1,000
Conference (National) £ 500

Penalty is 30 grand where the club contests and loses. Nothing about any points deduction. Personally I think that would be a massive call for the FA with what's at stake, the precedent it would set and the possibility of legal action against them.

Looks tricky for the moose though;

Meanwhile, Mousa Dembélé has been charged for an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video during the same game.

The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder was involved in an incident with Chelsea’s Diego Costa near the end of the first half.

Further, it is alleged the player’s behaviour constituted violent conduct in circumstances where the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient.

The player has until 6pm on Thursday 5 May 2016 to respond to the charge.

Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees.

Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.

For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous.

OK. So there it is...
Hands up who knew he was a Yid before they watched that??
I did not. I'd assumed he was gonna be a fat gloating plastic bandwagon Chelsea fan...

There I was, all ready to lambast them for plumbing new depths...

...when in fact it's MUSICAL GENIUS & SOUL SENSATION VAGNER who proved me wrong...
Gawd bless the talentless ol'duffer.

He may be awful, but he's OUR awful!
I agree. Let's revel in the awfulness.

:eriksenlol:

I would contest every charge thrown at us and ask for every incident on video to be viewed and assessed. I feel we should stick up for the players. I feel like we are being bullied by the big boys. The ref clearly saw and ignored a few incidents, Hazards hand to Masons face. Mikel slap to Dembeles face (at the start), Costas headbut into Vertongens face. The video clearly shows the ref looking and walking directly to the incident. There are plenty more. Fibreshit putting his hand into both officials faces in an aggressive manner, telling them to look. The ref even obliging to look, coward.

This is clear discrimination against us. I can only guess as to why but choose not to say. For Sky it just promotes the bad guy image they want everyone to see in contrast to the good guys.

This is making me so made, so angry I hate everything about PL at the moment.

Go in all guns blazing and on the offensive.

Ask for a clear and reasonable explanation as to why Spurs were scheduled on Monday nights 3 weeks in a row during the run in, but Leicester were not scheduled to play after us once, even including this weekend.

Ask why, when betting on games by players is forbidden because it could lead to allegations of collusion , Fabregas and Hazard stating in public categorically that they wanted Leicester , not Spurs to win the title, and the fact they had to yet face both teams did not carry any whiff of collusion, and no action was taken against either player.

Ask why retrospective action is being taken against Moose when photographic evidence can be produced of a match official looking straight at the incident.

Last edited:
You clearly know more than the man from the FA on the radio earlier then, as he said it is a possibility.
There won't be points deduction. There are tariffs. 6 cautions or more invokes an automatic fine, twice in a season and it doubles and you go to FA to explain yourselves. Don't know what the actual fine is for the premier league but it all comes under FA juristiction. Points deductions are NOT part of the punishment.

Go in all guns blazing and on the offensive.

Ask for a clear and reasonable explanation as to why Spurs were scheduled on Monday nights 3 weeks in a row during the run in, but Leicester were not scheduled to play after us once.

Ask why, when betting on games by players is forbidden because it could lead to allegations of collusion , Fabregas and Hazard stating in public categorically that they wanted Leicester , not Spurs to win the title, and the fact they had to yet face both teams did not carry any whiff of collusion, and no action was taken against either player.
Yes agree. THFC should seek legal advice and dig in and fight. The ref must take some responsibility and be questioned.

Amazed to not hear of any tear ups after the game. After a match like that I would have expected murders

There was one guy, in his 50s out cold on the bridge over the railway, blood coming out of his mouth, and the police trying to wake him. From what I saw they had a fella that I assume was the suspect up against the bridge wall. Must have happened 5 or so seconds before we got to that point on the bridge. No idea who supported who, and it was packed, so I expect some others saw it also.

I would contest every charge thrown at us and ask for every incident on video to be viewed and assessed. I feel we should stick up for the players. I feel like we are being bullied by the big boys. The ref clearly saw and ignored a few incidents, Hazards hand to Masons face. Mikel slap to Dembeles face (at the start), Costas headbut into Vertongens face. The video clearly shows the ref looking and walking directly to the incident. There are plenty more. Fibreshit putting his hand into both officials faces in an aggressive manner, telling them to look. The ref even obliging to look, coward.

This is clear discrimination against us. I can only guess as to why but choose not to say. For Sky it just promotes the bad guy image they want everyone to see in contrast to the good guys.

This is making me so made, so angry I hate everything about PL at the moment.
I have had that feeling for a very long time - credit to Spurs to achieve 2nd with hostile reffing all season.

From Premier League website;
Most fouls committed;
1. Crystal Palace 448
2. Tottenham 439
3. Man.Utd 436
------
18. West Spam 353
19. Bournemouth 348
20 Woolwich 328

Therefore despite Spurs playing clearly the best, most attractive football in the PL, we are one of the dirtiest teams in the PL, and Sky's most shown team Woolwich the cleanest. Tells a story on it's own....

I have had that feeling for a very long time - credit to Spurs to achieve 2nd with hostile reffing all season.

From Premier League website;
Most fouls committed;
1. Crystal Palace 448
2. Tottenham 439
3. Man.Utd 436
------
18. West Spam 353
19. Bournemouth 348
20 Woolwich 328

Therefore despite Spurs playing clearly the best, most attractive football in the PL, we are one of the dirtiest teams in the PL, and Sky's most shown team Woolwich the cleanest. Tells a story on it's own....
A lot of our fouls are more controlled though. I'd hazard a bet that many of our yellow cards this season are from professional fouls in the centre circle to stop the opposition breaking.
By contrast, Alderweireld has had, what, three yellow cards in the league this year? Definitely a more composed defence we've got going on - so it's not like we're making desperate fouls.

Very interesting about Woolwich. For anyone who is unfortunate enough to have seen a number of their games, they'll see the play acting, card-miming, diving bunch of cunts they are. Alas, this doesn't exactly translate into a team receiving a large number of cards.

I'm proud of Spurs being the way they are compared to Woolwich though. We can play football that is just as pretty as theirs - but our players have grit whereas they're a bunch of pathetic twats.

Back
Top Bottom