The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will be hit with a massive fine but posts deduction? Give me a break. This is our second offence of the season...I think if it was our 3rd we'd probably be looking at a 1 point deduction but this one will be 'lat warning'.

You clearly know more than the man from the FA on the radio earlier then, as he said it is a possibility.

The United Woolwich one was a full out brawl wasn't it? There was not even a punch thrown in this one. They will probably make an example out of dembele but a deduction? Give me a break.

There has never been a case of 3 offences of failing to control players in one game.
This is the big issue..Should be a massive fine but despite what some think they know, other punishments are a possibility.

We shouldn't appeal as much as I love dembele what he did was just plain wrong man up accept and move on
Completely agree, do the crime and all that....

My only issue is what has gone on before
Not charged.
Chn4PorWsAAVrKv.jpg

Not charged
Chn4Po7WEAA8HJC.jpg

Not charged
fernando-torres_2696781b.jpg

Not charged.
Chn4PorWsAAVrKv.jpg

Not charged
Chn4Po7WEAA8HJC.jpg

Not charged
Good one Guido - double standards methinks! If they try to take any points away we should threaten to sue them as Alan Sugar did, and they gave in. Also no way Dembele should get 10 game ban as anti Spurs press are trying to suggest.
5 game max!

There has never been a case of 3 offences of failing to control players in one game.
This is the big issue..Should be a massive fine but despite what some think they know, other punishments are a possibility.

Thinking about it , a points deduction could actually open a massive can of worms, so what if the chavs finish 11th rather than 10th, but our missing out on CL football would be totally disproportionate in respect to the chavs punishment.
Could see a legal challenge with the money involved.

Not charged.
Chn4PorWsAAVrKv.jpg

Not charged
Chn4Po7WEAA8HJC.jpg

Not charged

Totally agree but was listening to the radio this afternoon, an Ex FA employee said all the rules have changed recently and he used a couple of examples that you have posted.
He said eye gouging is probably the most serious along with biting if not worse.
What went unpunished in the past won't go unpunished today. I think it's going to be one enormous record fine but it will be interseting to find out what their new rules and stances are on violent conduct.

Are you even including the 87th minute offence that they are referring to? that's the Dier tackle right?
what exactly did our players do wrong besides Dier who made that tackle? The chelski players were the ones running to the ref and shouting..we did nothing so that one will be thrown out for a start.

Totally agree but was listening to the radio this afternoon, an Ex FA employee said all the rules have changed recently and he used a couple of examples that you have posted.
He said eye gouging is probably the most serious along with biting if not worse.
What went unpunished in the past won't go unpunished today. I think it's going to be one enormous record fine but it will be interseting to find out what their new rules and stances are on violent conduct.
Cheers for that, I wasn't aware. I've no problem if that's the case.

Are you even including the 87th minute offence that they are referring to? that's the Dier tackle right?
what exactly did our players do wrong besides Dier who made that tackle? The chelski players were the ones running to the ref and shouting..we did nothing so that one will be thrown out for a start.

I'm not even complaining about what we did as players or a club, i'm only going by what charges have been issued.
One is 3 counts of failing to control players and Dembele eye gouging.

It was mentioned that no one club has been charged with 3 offences of failing to control players in a single game.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much we can be blamed for 'not controlling our players' if it's the Chelsea lot who immediately surround our guys. In fact, when you watch that one back Dier is trying to walk away from the huddle the whole time.

And we haven't even discussed the fact that the trouble after the final whistle is very hard to find the origin of... Didn't that guy in the Independent seem to think that Fabregas instigated it?

I'm not even complaining about what we did as players or a club, i'm only going by what charges have been issued.
One is 3 counts of failing to control players and Dembele eye gouging.

It was mentioned that no one club has been charged with 3 offences of failing to control players in a single game.
i get you but i'm asking you a question. In what world will the 87th minute charge stand? what exactly did we do wrong that constitutes as us not being able to control our players on that Dier tackle besides the tackle itself? there was no confrontation or anything after? only chelski players running at the ref so i don't really know where the FA are going with that (the other 2 are fair charges).

Ok so when do we know the punishments?

Not sure that anyone knows what the FA rules are and how much they have clamped down on this sort of thing.

My guess is a massive record fine but as it's Spurs I wouldn't be surprised if they relegated us to the conference league, stripped us of all our trophies and made us play all our games at the old Plough Lane..

or 50 lashes with a knotted boot lace for each player..

Basically, aint got a Scooby.

i get you but i'm asking you a question. In what world will the 87th minute charge stand? what exactly did we do wrong that constitutes as us not being able to control our players on that Dier tackle besides the tackle itself? there was no confrontation or anything after? only chelski players running at the ref so i don't really know where the FA are going with that (the other 2 are fair charges).

I guess that remains to be seen as they have only said 3 offences.. I don't think they have said which 3, although I think that one was at the final whistle and one in the tunnel but that's only how I see it.

One good thing is we have the best lawyers at our club and Levy will be working on this as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom