The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a bad feeling that Poch's training sessions are excessive. We looked absolutely knackered against City last weekend.

Poch's training sessions are said to be brutal - and a surprise to players taking them for the first time.

Which means that players doing them for the first time, possibly need a little more time to get up to the level they do - maybe Ndombele is a victim of not doing that.

IMO this pre-season started a week or two later than it might - reason was to give players a slightly longer break than usual to make up for the injuries last season due to 10 of them having no preseason last year due to WC. With that in mind, maybe no surprise if they are feeling tired as its still a little early after starting the training regime.

Are they too brutal - impossible to answer. Poch believes that it ensures the players are fit to run for 90 minutes throughout the season. So that means we get late goals when other teams cannot last the pace and generally find us running throughout the game, so it has merit.

Just wish he'd maybe taken a little longer to get up to the fitness levels he wants, even if the 100% fitness level is reached at the international break and we start the season at say 90% of his desired fitness level (but that might mean risking dropping points in the first couple of games of the season - so its a balance)

Just when I thought things would improve, Dier joins Ndombele in not being available !

Sessegnon sounds as he's all but back

Foyth might well be late September before he's back ? KWP no real information which is a concern

With Wanyama and Aurier probably leaving it looks like these are all the players (and I'm including Eriksen) :(

LLORISGAZZANIGA
ROSEDAVIES
ALDERWEIRELDSANCHEZ
VERTONGHENTANGANGA
SISSOKOSKIPP
LO CELSO
ERIKSENWINKS
DELE ?LAMELA
SONLUCAS
KANEPARROTT

Last edited:
With Wanyama and Aurier porbably leaving it looks like these are all the players (and I'm including Eriksen) :(

LLORISGAZZANIGA
ROSEDAVIES
ALDERWEIRELDSANCHEZ
VERTONGHENTANGANGA
SISSOKOSKIPP
ERIKSENWINKS
DELE ?LAMELA
SONLUCAS
KANEPARROTT

All gone very quiet on Aurier though atm.

Originally I did wonder if it was Wanyama or Aurier to leave, with only one of them going if Poch was concerned with size of squad, but then thought, actually may as well let both go

But after the KWP injury and Foyth looking as if it might be end of September before he's back whether Poch might be wanting Aurier to stay until January and that's the reason why the trail has gone cold (and Milan seem to be busy filling other positions too).

But your post illustrates we really do need to consider Tanganga and Parrott for the bench - last night I included Tanganga on the bench in the match thread but assumed Dier would be ok (erroneously) and hence no Parrott

With Wanyama and Aurier probably leaving it looks like these are all the players (and I'm including Eriksen) :(

LLORISGAZZANIGA
ROSEDAVIES
ALDERWEIRELDSANCHEZ
VERTONGHENTANGANGA
SISSOKOSKIPP
LO CELSO
ERIKSENWINKS
DELE ?LAMELA
SONLUCAS
KANEPARROTT
Very worrying. Last season we were short due to injuries and have brought in 3 players, none expected to start and lost Trippier, Llorente, Wanyama, GKN and Vorm. Aurier and others could still leave. Whilst not worried about losing any of those that left, it does leave us short of numbers.

Very worrying. Last season we were short due to injuries and have brought in 3 players, none expected to start and lost Trippier, Llorente, Wanyama, GKN and Vorm. Aurier and others could still leave. Whilst not worried about losing any of those that left, it does leave us short of numbers.
Hopefully we will see an academy player or 2 step up.

Hopefully we will see an academy player or 2 step up.
I do not consider Skipp in that category now as he is part of the squad but only one at a time is preferable. You need experience around them to help them adjust. I would only want that because they have shown in training they are ready as Kane, Winks and Skipp did and not due to necessity as we have no one else. At times last season we had such an inexperienced bench that even though we needed a goal, the only experienced sub was a defender.

I do not consider Skipp in that category now as he is part of the squad but only one at a time is preferable. You need experience around them to help them adjust. I would only want that because they have shown in training they are ready as Kane, Winks and Skipp did and not due to necessity as we have no one else. At times last season we had such an inexperienced bench that even though we needed a goal, the only experienced sub was a defender.

This NLD we might find 2 defenders on the bench, but one bejng Tanganga, the least experienced on the bench, although he had an excellent preseason versus some good strikers and did well, far better than might have been expected.

Although its understood that preseason games are not necessarily great indicators, at least he starts with that experience.

Just when we thought the injury situation was clearing up, Boom - Lo Celso - and now Bang - Sanchez. Was the latter the result of playing in the RB position which almost seems to have been cursed - Trippier being slightly injured most of last season, Foyth injured before this season started, Walker-Peters picking up an injury ....

Anyway some good news with Ndombele seemingly close to being available for selection, Dier and Walker-Peters in the same position, and the possibility that Sesssegnon is finally fit.

Just the three now - Lo Celso and Foyth expected, hope Sessegnon just a minor reaction to going back to training.

Re: Sessegnon - desperate though I am to see him get his first runout, the club must know by now not to fuck around with hamstring injuries (hello, Dele).

I could be being naive/optimistic here but perhaps Lo Celso being in the early stages of rehab already is a slightly promising sign? No surgery, no rest.

Re: Sessegnon - desperate though I am to see him get his first runout, the club must know by now not to fuck around with hamstring injuries (hello, Dele).

I could be being naive/optimistic here but perhaps Lo Celso being in the early stages of rehab already is a slightly promising sign? No surgery, no rest.

Think with Sessegnon, he's being given plenty of time as aside from recovering from the hamstring injury its his first Poch preseason, so no real surprise he's feeling it. And as we don't really need him right now he night get an extra week or two off.

Lo Celso might be in early stages of rehab, but he'd only just about got through the Poch preseason when he got injured with Argentina, so after he gets fit he's probably got another week or two of preseason to catch up on. Good that he sounds as if he's on the way back, but wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him for a month (so mid October)

Giovani Lo Celso
Spurs have been dealt a massive injury blow upon the news that summer signing Giovani Lo Celso will be out of action until November.

The midfielder picked up the injury while on international duty, with Spurs confirming last week that the player sustained a hp injury that will see him miss 'several weeks of action.

Juan Foyth
Spurs confirmed that the defender would be out of action until September.

PremierInjuries earmark the visit of Southampton as the game where he could make his comeback, however, the player has been pictures in training with the first team squad ahead of the game and was not included in the club's usual injury roundup, meaning that he could make his comeback sooner than expected.

Ryan Sessegnon
The teenager seemed to be getting closer to making his debut after joining in with first team training last week, however, the defender has suffered an injury set back, with Spurs confirming that they are now monitoring his progress while continuing his rehabilitation,

There is currently no specified date for when the former Fulham man could eventually make his Spurs debut.

3b3rgw.jpg

Good news is only 2 players on injury list, no new ones

Sessegnon seems to have had a relapse, but better to be safe than sorry, so if he needs more time so be it !

Back
Top Bottom