The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me this Lo Celso injury has come at the worst time. Can’t wait to have him back and fully integrated so we can finally fuck Eriksen off to the reserves.

Fuck me this Lo Celso injury has come at the worst time. Can’t wait to have him back and fully integrated so we can finally fuck Eriksen off to the reserves.

I'd rather push on without him.

Build up a cohesive team/formation over the next 3 games ready for the dippers.... Their MF will only run rings around him anyway.

No Sherwood-style drubbings please....

Just when you think that the last two injured players might well be back fit before the end of the month, it looks like Hugo Lloris will be out for a while.

Might need to explore whether we can get an emergency GK in - as Liverpool have done when Allison injured earlier this season.

Otherwise we need to rely on Alfie Whiteman to make to have on the bench and potentially make his debut for his first professional match (only played in youth matches to date)

Dislocated elbow

Personal guess - 4 weeks or so out ?

Edit - news is that Lloris is out for the rest of 2019. No further news on when in 2020 he might be fit

Last edited:

Only injury surprise is Eriksen.

Question is when Lo Celso and Sessegnon have completed what will un effect be the preseason training which they missed out on.

Personally hopeful that as Lo Celso was close before last international break (before the injury v Chile) that he will be considered match fit within a week or two. No idea on Sessegnon

So everyone, except Lloris, in the squad is fit - which means there are some 2 dozen players in the first team competing for 18 places in the match day squad, so its down to who is fully match fit and looking best in training. In theory at any rate

So everyone, except Lloris, in the squad is fit - which means there are some 2 dozen players in the first team competing for 18 places in the match day squad, so its down to who is fully match fit and looking best in training. In theory at any rate

Hopefully this means we will start seeing Sessegnon rotate with Davies (maybe I am living in fantasy land thinking Rose is done but please let it be so).

I'd imagine we'll also see a attacking midfield rotation of Lamela/Lo Celso/Dele (again, hopefully no Eriksen).

Dier can hopefully get into form and be our DM, which would let a midfield of Ndombele, Sissoko/Winks be a bit more progressive.

Hopefully good things to come for the squad.

Strange irony with Lloris that after he dislocated the elbow and let in yet another poor goal a lot of people on here were talking about giving him just that.

Hopefully this means we will start seeing Sessegnon rotate with Davies (maybe I am living in fantasy land thinking Rose is done but please let it be so).

I'd imagine we'll also see a attacking midfield rotation of Lamela/Lo Celso/Dele (again, hopefully no Eriksen).

Dier can hopefully get into form and be our DM, which would let a midfield of Ndombele, Sissoko/Winks be a bit more progressive.

Hopefully good things to come for the squad.

Generally agree, although I'd also like to see Skipp taking some minutes off Dier.

With Sessegnon the rumours were that Poch was going to start him as a forward (less risk if he loses the ball I'd guess, but given he's played 100 professional games that shouldn't be too much of a risk) before playing him as a LB. So really don't know what's going to happen. But no reason for him not to get minutes in both positions from time to time ? Agreed though our need is probably more at LB given Rose form, and we are pretty well covered at AM if Lo Celso plays AM rather than CM

Back
Top Bottom