The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Problem lies with FIFA and PL.

FIFA for arranging the WC when they did, knowing that after it the PL players would have zero time for pre-season. Simple solution - reduce the number of participants in WC so it finishes earlier by having more preliminary rounds/knock out stages during the existing international breaks and start it a week or two earlier.

Instead of which fuckwits at FIFA want to expand the tournament and make it worse. I can see PFA taking FIFA to Human Right Court at some stage as its not fair to the players.

BTW, most of the injuries this season have been muscular (eg hamstrings) which happen when players are tired having played too much without a break and/or missing pre-season which is meant to condition players to play a reasonable amount of games in a season. The problem gets worse when a squad has 6 or so players out injured as the others need to play more every 3 or 4 days as there are fewer players. Its really not rocket science and should be well known within FIFA if they think they know about football.

Didn't help with PL pulling the start of the season forward by a week either.

Why did the PL not just delay the start of their season by 2-4 weeks, as after each Euro's and WC there are blank summers anyway?

Why did the PL not just delay the start of their season by 2-4 weeks, as after each Euro's and WC there are blank summers anyway?

No idea

My personal guess is PL naively thought England won't get to semi finals, and in order to get a winter break in next season we'll get clubs used to starting earlier to get a winter break in next season.

But worth asking PL - but major blame certainly lies fairly and squarely on FIFA expanding WC for their own prestige and no doubt votes to stay in power from smaller countries getting to WC. Has FIFA moved on from the Blatter days in reality ?

See Admin Admin this is where the "informative" is necessary, feels weird clicking "like" to this post telling us about all the injury shit and time lost to them etc, but it is very informative!
So you "like" the post then as it's informative 😉

We did used to label 'Like' as 'Like / Thanks' but it just seems a bit unessesary.

Obviously I get what you're saying but I'm still not convinced it's needed.

So you "like" the post then as it's informative 😉

We did used to label 'Like' as 'Like / Thanks' but it just seems a bit unessesary.

Obviously I get what you're saying but I'm still not convinced it's needed.

Problem comes when information may be informative - but you don't like it.

Eg. posting yesterday that Spurs said 'Winks has had an operation' with the implication that he might be out some time - how do I respond to it ? I don't like it but its certainly informative.

Options might be either the 'informative' or change the like to 'like/thanks' which is not as good but at least gives an option to respond to injury news.

If you want to add options an 'Optimistic' rating can be useful - sometimes giving a person a 'funny' or 'dislike' rating doesn't quite convey that, and causes the poster getting the rating to feel upset (wallflowrs I know !).

Just a couple of thoughts

We've had two semi finals this season (Chelsea & Ajax) and in both we've had neither Kane or Son available for the tie. Genuinely how many clubs can that happen to?

The biggest injury let down for me has to be Lamela this season. When we needed him most he goes and gets yet another knock or pull. Sadly he's been a really poor investment but it ain't his fault, jus told how it rolls sometimes.

We've had two semi finals this season (Chelsea & Ajax) and in both we've had neither Kane or Son available for the tie. Genuinely how many clubs can that happen to?

The biggest injury let down for me has to be Lamela this season. When we needed him most he goes and gets yet another knock or pull. Sadly he's been a really poor investment but it ain't his fault, jus told how it rolls sometimes.

You are too generous but yep, a rotten season for injuries all round for us.

Linked to a lack of numbers.

22 games and counting for Aurier now.

Lamela has surpassed another 20 games missed. That's 4 seasons out of the 6 he's been with us that he's surpassed the 20 + games missed mark. It just hasn't turned out how we'd all hoped. He's quickly approaching 120 games out injured for us, what a shame.

22 games and counting for Aurier now.

Lamela has surpassed another 20 games missed. That's 4 seasons out of the 6 he's been with us that he's surpassed the 20 + games missed mark. It just hasn't turned out how we'd all hoped. He's quickly approaching 120 games out injured for us, what a shame.

120?

I have it down at less games than that.

Hopefully he's at least back as a sub option for the second leg and hopefully we have Aurier back too. We could do with the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom