Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
You're really comparing people who just want to be miserable with people who try to see the bright side of things and find the latter annoying? Okaaayyy... I guess if you're a miserable person, you'll find positivity to be annoying.

Positivity is annoying when it is baseless. If things are shit and I know they’re shit I don’t want to listen to someone clapping in the corner about how things are actually fine just because they say so.

People last season insisting we could still get top 4 despite everything showing us the team was broken was annoying. Stop insulting everyone’s intelligence! Also annoying is enforcing positivity.

There’s plenty of decent positive posts which I’ve actually agreed with & find interesting. Ones which provide genuinely good justifications for why we might be in for a fun season. Those are great, more of those.

That's what tends to happen. Rather than get the CBs in now so they can gel with the team, we get them in 31st August, when we've lost the first 2 games, having to play Dier.
How many times has this happened ?
Are we in the title hunt this year, where losing the first 2 games will dash our hopes? I must have missed that part. I always thought this season was a write-off to allow Ange to implement his style. Tough crowd.

Positivity is annoying when it is baseless. If things are shit and I know they’re shit I don’t want to listen to someone clapping in the corner about how things are actually fine just because they say so.

People last season insisting we could still get top 4 despite everything showing us the team was broken was annoying. Stop insulting everyone’s intelligence! Also annoying is enforcing positivity.

There’s plenty of decent positive posts which I’ve actually agreed with & find interesting. Ones which provide genuinely good justifications for why we might be in for a fun season. Those are great, more of those.
There's a certain class of people who can't seem to handle living in the real world. Bad news and discontentment is so incredibly uncomfortable to them that they will literally delude themselves into thinking everything is fine.

It's one of the reason the world is such a fucking shithole now.

Are we in the title hunt this year, where losing the first 2 games will dash our hopes? I must have missed that part. I always thought this season was a write-off to allow Ange to implement his style. Tough crowd.

No season should ever be a ‘write off’. And accepting losing early games due to doing business poorly is a poor attitude as well.

Nobody expects CL or a trophy next season but we should be aiming to be back in the EL and going deeper in the cups. Since the PL is going to be more competitive than ever dropping dumb points early doesn’t sound like a top strategy to me.

You've got to be a paid Levy troll. No way you're this stupid.

No season should ever be a ‘write off’. And accepting losing early games due to doing business poorly is a poor attitude as well.

Nobody expects CL or a trophy next season but we should be aiming to be back in the EL and going deeper in the cups. Since the PL is going to be more competitive than ever dropping dumb points early doesn’t sound like a top strategy to me.
Not as if our pressing need for a CB is brand new information. I said at the tail of last season that Levy shouldn't be allowed to do any business until the CBs are sorted.

Apparently I know our Daniel too well.

There's a certain class of people who can't seem to handle living in the real world. Bad news and discontentment is so incredibly comforting to them that they will literally delude themselves into thinking everything is shit.

FIFY

3 weeks out from the start of the season.

*Highly rated goalkeeper that Inter wanted to replace Onana.
*Solomon on a free, PL ready and looks promising.
*Madison, the 2nd best AM in the PL for the last two years. Excellent.
*No CBs yet, but plenty of time in the window.
*No offers for our deadwood yet, but plenty of time in the window.

Glass half full.

“Plenty of time in the window”
How often have we said that?

Not as if our pressing need for a CB is brand new information. I said at the tail of last season that Levy shouldn't be allowed to do any business until the CBs are sorted.

Apparently I know our Daniel too well.
I think most of us know in our hearts that this TW is just going to be a repeat of a repeat of a repeat
We KNOW nothing will be done until the decent players are unavailable and the bargain bins are open for business.
My hope is that Ange can get the incumbents to play. I think we know we're not going to see any decent CBs or FBs.
Not much point in keeping Harry if every time he scores, we concede 2...
I'm solidly behind Ange but I'm not outrageously optimistic. Even if Harry stays I can't see a top 6 finish.
Still......COYS..I'm determined to enjoy next season. I'm too old to be sure of any following seasons...

There's a certain class of people who can't seem to handle living in the real world. Bad news and discontentment is so incredibly uncomfortable to them that they will literally delude themselves into thinking everything is fine.

Or some people just don't take things they can't control too seriously.

Something I've learnt over the past couple of seasons is that if watching Spurs makes me angry then I don't go/watch.

When I'm pissed off after we lose, I go play with my boy and forget about it.

I want Spurs to give Uncle Ange everything he wants this summer but I can do fuck all about making it happen so I don't let it get to me.

It's not happy clapping. It's perspective.

Or some people just don't take things they can't control too seriously.

Something I've learnt over the past couple of seasons is that if watching Spurs makes me angry then I don't go/watch.

When I'm pissed off after we lose, I go play with my boy and forget about it.

I want Spurs to give Uncle Ange everything he wants this summer but I can do fuck all about making it happen so I don't let it get to me.

It's not happy clapping. It's perspective.
That's an entirely different matter. I'm not sitting behind my computer mashing away at the keys, gurning till my teeth fall out.

There's a difference between ignoring annoying, unpleasant shit, and going online to tell other people that actually it's all fine, or there's plenty of time. Which is what you've done.

No season is a write off. Ange plays to win every match.

I think top 6 and a good go at the cups is what we should be aiming for this season (irrespective of whether Kane stays or goes). None of this "It's ok to finish mid-table" bollocks. That's loser talk and doesn't achieve anything. The only way to win football matches is to win football matches.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom