Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Blus Scum and FSG are selling their transfer mistakes to the Saudis. So IF the Saudis will give us decent money for Richy and IF he is willing to go - we should definitely look into it. We’d be stupid not to - maybe Richy comes good under Ange but he’s been a trainwreck so far - if we can get funds in the transfer kitty for him (say half of what we paid for him at 30M) then we should be all over it.

Why wouldn’t the Saudis want to prestige of having Brazil’s #9 for their sports washing operation? But no idea if Richy is the kind of guy that would be motivated by a big payday over all else.

Like I said. We won’t be selling Kane AND Richie.

So I don’t agree.

We won’t be selling both Rich and Kane so deal with it.

The more you moan about him, the more I want him to stay forever.

Deserves a full season with Ange in charge, and I don’t care how much you disagree with that.

Stick to online bullying PEH - that’s what you’re best at.
Stick to clutching at straws and hoping utterly shit players somehow find form (whilst our rivals move further ahead). I’m ok with giving Richy another season, he will look better under Ange I’m sure but i would still sell of an offer came in

Only being keeping one eye on what's going on the last few weeks but is it likely we will sign anyone to sort out our defence because I hope we are not giving the same crew yet another chance to prove themselves .All the Harry talk and replacement for him could be softened a bit if we could get our defence in shape so a thirty goal striker might not be as vital as it is usually .

I'm done listening to manic depressives putting all their negative shit over this forum...some of you should stay the fuck away from even thinking about Spurs...

This is probably the most manic, depressive post of the last dozen pages tbf....:ange-facepalm2:

It's actually been quite light hearted on here in the absence of any real transfer news.

We all are. But I think when we have a 3 player midfield the back 4 will be better protected and they won't give up so many clear chances. We won't be losing the midfield every game.
Of course I want new CBs, we need them. But even if we don't get any, I think we will not take 63 up the arse next season.

And so the inevitable acceptance begins to trickle down.....

:harrylol:

3 weeks out from the start of the season.

*Unproven second choice (as the first choice was to expensive) goalkeeper and
*winger on a free who most Fulham fans will tell you was OK for his first few games
*maddison. Fine.
*NO cbs (we need at least 2)
*deadwood still there

not only are the “top 6” doing better than us, but teams like Aston Villa are embarrassing us
It’s a disgrace
3 weeks out from the start of the season.

*Highly rated goalkeeper that Inter wanted to replace Onana.
*Solomon on a free, PL ready and looks promising.
*Madison, the 2nd best AM in the PL for the last two years. Excellent.
*No CBs yet, but plenty of time in the window.
*No offers for our deadwood yet, but plenty of time in the window.

Glass half full.

One league goal for 60M certainly made me want to cry!

I’m not optimistic but here’s hoping he comes good in Ange’s system.

He was also a double-digit goal scorer at Everton 3 out of 4 seasons.

But let’s continue to focus on last season where he was injured, misused and ridiculed by Conte.

This is probably the most manic, depressive post of the last dozen pages tbf....:ange-facepalm2:

It's actually been quite light hearted on here in the absence of any real transfer news.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

He was also a double-digit goal scorer at Everton 3 out of 4 seasons.

But let’s continue to focus on last season where he was injured, misused and ridiculed by Conte.
He was on pens for Everton for at least parts of 21/22 and 20/21.

So Richy’sopen play league goals:

22/23 -1
21/22 - 7
20/21 - 6

He did have 13 open play goals in both 19/20 and 18/19 - which is a good return. But Richy has not been a prolific scorer so far in his career.

Again, I hope he comes good under Ange but I’m not optimistic so my point was that if the Saudis offered say 30M, I’d take it.

He may be our best penalty taker post Kane - so that is one in the plus column for Richy.

Last edited:
Serious question, how many games did he play upfront for Everton?

Not just Everton but looks like Richy has played #9 about 40% of the time - which makes sense given he was the backup striker to Calvert Lewin at Everton who has been out injured a lot.

30 goals in a 113 games as a #9 - Pretty mediocre BUT in fairness, don’t know how many of those 113 Richy started and how many he came on as a sub.

Looks like about 40% of the time in the EPL - which makes sense given he was the backup striker to Calvert Lewin at Everton who has been out injured a lot.

30 goals in a 113 games as a #9 - Pretty mediocre BUT in fairness, don’t know how many of those 113 Richy started and how many he came on as a sub.
That include pens? Anyway, his goal return is ok and I’m not worried about the single goal last season, that was an outlier. What was more concerning was the diving, touch and offsides - that’s not bad luck or bad form. Just the sign of a ooor player

All of them. He always played in a front 3, no? I guess he was drifting off the left mainly as opposed to being up against the CB’s but still as a forward

Meant specifically as a striker.

1 in 3 isn't bad as a wide player. That was similar to Son before he joined us. Players like Mahrez, Jota, Rashford all have the same for example.

I'm done listening to manic depressives putting all their negative shit over this forum...some of you should stay the fuck away from even thinking about Spurs...
Using the cause and effect barometer scale I'd proffer the suggestion that thinking about Spurs maybe the root cause of said condition in the first place.

:ange-hmm:

Back
Top Bottom