Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just voted 10.

Reserve the right to downgrade, should things fall away, but WOW we hit a batch of seeming home runs.

Still think the board sold Ange short, especially at CB with the Sanchez lateness whilst Ange said he expected another signing. Plus we didn’t invest enough given 8th, Kane and new manager.

However, we should expect about £50m was set aside for January.

Paratici and Ange, please carry this on!

I always thought rating transfer windows is pointless, no-one knows how players will turn out!

I'm sure there were people rating our transfer business pretty high in 2018, turned out to be one of our worst windows in recent times.

I always thought rating transfer windows is pointless, no-one knows how players will turn out!

I'm sure there were people rating our transfer business pretty high in 2018, turned out to be one of our worst windows in recent times.
Big Ange alone, makes it a 10 (*thus far).

The improvement in virtually every player already here, his obvious feel for human characteristics (not wanting certain types, beyond a players highlight reel, night and day to Poch, who seemed to believe he could shape that Character aspect himself = LoCelso, NDombele).

Big Anges effect on Udogie (faith in starting him), Porro (shaping the team around deficiencies, assigning him a defensive coaching mentor), giving Son captaincy, Romero/Maddison vice and ejecting all former leadership members without a hint of morale degradation (utterly the opposite).

Bringing in Bissouma and Sarr.

VanDerVen = 10
Vicario = 10
Maddison = 10
Johnson = TBC but gives dynamism clearly, big attribute we were short on (HG as well, which made a choice pool much narrower).

Ange matching our DNA = 10
Ange being a media pied piper = 10
Ange taking no shit, but delivering in a way that has players wanting to improve and not getting disgruntled = 10

Just voted 10.

Reserve the right to downgrade, should things fall away, but WOW we hit a batch of seeming home runs.

Still think the board sold Ange short, especially at CB with the Sanchez lateness whilst Ange said he expected another signing. Plus we didn’t invest enough given 8th, Kane and new manager.

However, we should expect about £50m was set aside for January.

Paratici and Ange, please carry this on!
Maybe all those who voted less than 5 would like to change their vote ?

I very much doubt they will though.

I originally voted a 7 but have also changed to 10. What a great window even though losing Kane late with no direct replacement.
I wonder if we have most of that 100mil in the bank as with the exception of Johnson, we didn’t really spend big post Kane sale? Or maybe we spent it ahead of the sale knowing he was going, I don’t know.

It's said: One of the biggest blessings are unanswered prayers...some of those prayers were:
Nagelsmann/Pochettino/Slot over Angelos
David Gaya over of Vicario
Tapsoba (even Tosin) over van de Ven
Scott over Maddison
Obran Gift over...

Expecting people to change the vote is a bit lame.

Maybe their should be a separate poll that is 1 year after each window.

It’s obvious that when we rate a window at the end of that window, it is just guess work and you never know how it’ll turn out for years.

The ndombele window probably deserves a negative score whereas just about everyone underrated this window because no one expected VdV, vicario, and to a lesser extent Maddison, to be this good.

How did you come to that conclusion? Would be 76 goals, most season we never came close to that, even with Kane. The 16/17 season was the only time we matched or beat that tally.
The thing that breaks me most about that season is, we're the only team to finish above a Pep Guardiola managed team, and not win the league.

The thing that breaks me most about that season is, we're the only team to finish above a Pep Guardiola managed team, and not win the league.
We have a fair few such records don't we. Over the course that and the previous season we were CLEARLY the best team in the league, but we just didn't peak at the right time to claim a league title.

We were also absolutely purring in the CL the next season when we batterd RM, Dortmund etc. only to lose to Juve. A real what could have been kind of game.

We have a fair few such records don't we. Over the course that and the previous season we were CLEARLY the best team in the league, but we just didn't peak at the right time to claim a league title.

We were also absolutely purring in the CL the next season when we batterd RM, Dortmund etc. only to lose to Juve. A real what could have been kind of game.

A real kick in the teeth considering how the tie played out.

- 2-0 down at HT away at Juve.
- Dembele shifts into beast mode.... We dominate... 2-2
- Back to Wembley totally dominate first half. Only score 1, but 3-2 up with 2 away goals in our pocket.
- 2nd half - 1 sub 60m > 1 sub 61m > goal 64m > goal 67m > Back 4 then puts in a worldy and lock us out. Totally schooled by Allegri.

Was there..... Totally heartbreaking.

Last edited:
The whole Palmer thing is odd. He has got the talent to be one of the best wingers in the whole league, would be such a strange sell if City got rid of him. I’d love him at Spurs, he would could grow into a monster with us.

Dam, I wish we had gone for him. Still amazes me City sold him.

Back
Top Bottom