Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got hammered by a few Levy apologists.

Seems both our Pre-Season and Transfer windows are a Masterclass. We are an embarrassing FC. Highest ticket prices, Of the Highest Club Jersey prices. Of the Most Expensive stadium Food and beverage prices but battling to together a real Football team.

If anyone still has confidence in Levy the Flagellants are looking for volunteers and they'll give you then whips and chains for free.
Running a football club is a pretty complex operation. By all indications, Tottenham have not done a good job at that in recent years.

It’s just hard to take someone seriously that doesn’t understand capital letters and whose most recent accomplishment is the use of paragraphs.

And the Brits like to a say it’s us yanks that butcher the English language. Jesus fucking Christ on a stick.

Last edited:
Still not a single defender signed. What an utter joke. How hard is it to buy a fairly decent CB ffs?

Pathetic.

Most glarring flaw in our team and have we addressed it? Have we fuck! Get the bald shit out of this club.
Come on now, I think we know how this works.
Those deals are done, but they won't be announced unless and until Bayern come up with an acceptable offer for H.
If he stays then those deals remain on ice, if he goes then his sale finances them.

Running a football club is a pretty complex operation. By all indications, Tottenham have not done a good job at that in recent years.

It’s just hard to take someone seriously that doesn’t understand capital letters and whose most recent accomplishment is the use of paragraphs.

And the Brits like to a say it’s us yanks that butcher the English language. Jesus fucking Christ on a stick.
What about not starting a sentence with the words ‘AND’ ?

He literally personally called Lenglet to convince him to come, please stop with the revisionism.

That may well be true. Doesn't mean it's not embarrassing that we couldn't get anyone better and that a player in complete exile at Barca had to be begged to come to Tottenham on loan.

He's not exactly a player in demand is he? No takers last summer. No takers this summer. Except for :levyeyes:

That may well be true. Doesn't mean it's not embarrassing that we couldn't get anyone better and that a player in complete exile at Barca had to be begged to come to Tottenham on loan.

He's not exactly a player in demand is he? No takers last summer. No takers this summer. Except for :levyeyes:
He's the guy Conte wanted. Back the manager, right?

Levy’s consistency is incredible. The man simply refuses to do what his managers ask him to do. It doesn’t matter who they are or what they’ve achieved in the game. Levy will do the business he wants to do, in his time.

Poch: I need a top CB
Levy: Here‘s Kevin Wimmer

Mou: I need a top CB
Levy: Here’s Joe Rodon

Conte: I need a top CB
Levy: Here’s Clement Lenglet

Ange: I need a top CB
Levy: Maybe we can bring Lenglet back

If you’re going to make this point why include Poch and lie?

Did Poch not get Sanchez for £40 mill when we already had Toby and Jan? Poch thought he could make Sanchez into one of the best CBs in the league.

Not for me, but for him to move country, settle his kids/family, get to know the players, the tactics, the manager, gain confidence.

We should be throwing everything at 3 points first game…. Not having either Dier or Sanchez starting and their replacement settled is a must
I'd love that too, but it's not the end of the world. Kulu and Benta were bedded in on the fly and started contributing almost instantaneously. A good player that fits the system and has the right attitude won't need a whole preseason to integrate.

He's the guy Conte wanted after all the good players he wanted said no. It's like saying Poch wanted Sissoko. It was him or nothing.

If Conte had been told on June 1st that his new CB would be Lenglet, I'm sure he would have been furious.
"All the good players" two players, one who even Chelsea and Man City are struggling to pay for, and another who has Inter tattooed on his body. Were there only two CBs better than Lenglet last season?

If Conte was furious about Lenglet, you would've known, he isn't shy about expressing himself. YOU'RE furious about Lenglet, and you assume the same applies to Conte, who's been linked to him since his time at Inter.

Come on now, I think we know how this works.
Those deals are done, but they won't be announced unless and until Bayern come up with an acceptable offer for H.
If he stays then those deals remain on ice, if he goes then his sale finances them.

We need defenders, pure and simple.

It cannot be reliant on Kane being sold or we might as well give in now.

He's the guy Conte wanted after all the good players he wanted said no. It's like saying Poch wanted Sissoko. It was him or nothing.

If Conte had been told on June 1st that his new CB would be Lenglet, I'm sure he would have been furious.

Conte wanted Lenglet at Inter so it's a bit of a stretch to suggest he took him because he had no choice, he clearly liked him.

Still not a single defender signed. What an utter joke. How hard is it to buy a fairly decent CB ffs?

Pathetic.

Most glarring flaw in our team and have we addressed it? Have we fuck! Get the bald shit out of this club.
Transfers aren’t easy you know , this isn’t championship manager , we need to wait for the big clubs like Villa to do their business first :levyeyes:

If in the unlikely event ewe brought in Tapoba and VDV I'd be okay with one coming on deadline day once we got the fucking deal done but the other needs to be here before August.

it's negligent not getting that done asap.

If in the unlikely event ewe brought in Tapoba and VDV I'd be okay with one coming on deadline day once we got the fucking deal done but the other needs to be here before August.

it's negligent not getting that done asap.

Unacceptable if they're not here in time for Brentford.

Of course moaning gets boring but so does relentless, blinkered, positivity. There is very much 2 sides to this. Not everything we do is terrible, nor is it amazing.

As it stands we're a side that finished 8th and went out of the cups to Sheff Utd and Forest last season. We havent started to address our most glaring weakness and have shifted precisely 1 player 3 weeks out from the new season and then we have Harry Kane . It may be corrected but history tells us there is every chance it might be a last minute fudge of sticking plaster remedies.
You're really comparing people who just want to be miserable with people who try to see the bright side of things and find the latter annoying? Okaaayyy... I guess if you're a miserable person, you'll find positivity to be annoying.

Back
Top Bottom