Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
It was a case of believing Sherwood and Ferdinand on one game, maybe he played 10 and was off colour that game. Rather than watch him 10x by trusted scouts. One of many sliding doors moments, Spurs have been on the wrong end of.
Yeah but BMJ was telling us over and over what a player he was

I think I remember one report he even wrote if you don’t come buy him Liverpool will

We had the insude track on one of the worlds best modern day striker

Him and Gerard nearly won a bang average Liverpool team the title

One game. You don’t scout hollands leading striker on one game

It was a shocking judgement and maybe at the extreme a title shout

This is exactly it. Somehow, some way, we have arrived yet again in the situation where the bald control freak just lucks in to taking over every aspect of the football club and wearing 5 different hats simultaneously to cover his shiny dome.

"Just circumstances". "Just the way she goes sometimes". "Temporary restructuring".

thing is, I don't even blame Levy for being overwhelmed and underperforming in the transfer negotiations portion of his job. He's got a million other things to worry about, first of all Lewis's court case.

I just... how many times has this happened now? How many more times is it going to happen before we actually get a proper stable structure at this football club?

HOW MANY TIMES?

When you look through the club, underneath we are a mess, total banter club.
I feel sorry for the manager, he must be wondering why he left Celtic, a stable club that wins all the time.
He ends up at Tottenham, that doesn't win anything at any time, and with all the Keystone cops thing going on around him.

If the window ended tomorrow i'd say 5 out of 10 is very generous. We've only shifted Winks. Maddison is a good signing, the keeper hopefully but completely unknown. Solomon looks to have a bit of ability but it was a punt because he was free. I'd say we're 2 good centre backs, a first team level wide right player and clearing out another 7 or 8 away from a 9.
Worse. We’ve bought nice players. Good players

But they’ll be a waste of time in front of that defence

Only prime messi naymar suerez could outscore that defence. Think Kane has crunched those numbers

Ok.

Fair enough.

I think he’d have come if we had stumped up the cash. I don’t know it would have happened. I’m nobody.

People seem to state with full confidence that it’s a fact that it was never on bc he wanted to stay. They are also nobody’s but they know
Mate, take a breath and step away from this argument.

You've just had a report posted where he stated that he wanted to stay at Inter.

If you could put up a report where someone at Inter has stated that £70M would have closed the deal, then you might actually have an argument.

Absolutely.

I guess that's where the conviction and trust in your scouting comes in.

Start getting a few right and that confidence builds.....

BUT our recruitment has had way too many fails..... I wouldn't dream of denying that fact.

Is there also just an acceptance in big clubs that sometimes you get these wrong?

Maguire hasn't scared UTD off going big again since.

When you're the size (wealth) of us, Arse & Dippers; big money mistakes still matter (be that squad/HG numbers, fee budgets, wage-bill or all 3)....... When you're doped (or Man U) you just shrug it off and carry on.... and on.... and on.

....That said; even Man U & Chavski hit a bit of an tricky patch this summer.

On the flipside; make too many relatively big, shit signings in a short period of time and it can wreck you (Everton).

Last edited:
When Kane goes this one will get done and ENIC IN will win the thread saying that you have your CB's now :levylol:

But ENIC out will point out that we're now without a striker and Levy has left us short again :avbmad:

ENIC in will say Richie and Son will do the job and point out Levy spent £60m on Richie last Summer:richlips:

ENIC out will then call you a Levybot and bemoan the fact that Kolo Muani was the one that got away all season :ledley:
So why can’t we both strengthen at CB and have a further replacement for Kane? Would Liverpool/United/Chelsea/Woolwich/City leave themselves short like that?

Angry Season 4 GIF by Dexter

Sign a fucking CB you bald cunt!

BUT our recruitment has had way too many fails..... I wouldn't dream denying that fact.

When you're the size (wealth) of us Arse & Dippers; big money mistakes still matter (be that numbers, fee budgets, wage-bill or all 3)....... When you're doped (or Man U) you just shrug it off and carry on.... and on.... and on.

They don't seem to be worried with that 230m net spend this summer.

All this is depressing. I was hoping we'd at least get in 1 really good CB- I think it's all we really need to make a push at top 4-6 again this year.

I wasn't happy with Postecoglu at first, but now I have come around to the idea of a coach who can help give players a second chance and get some attacking football again. So long as we can get steadied at the back, I actually feel confident we can make a run at Top 4.

I don't want Kane to go- I want him to break Shearers stupid record with us, and shut him up. Seems like we're really at a major crossroads though- and appear to be lacking the resolve to do anything about it either way.

I'll be here hoping we can move some deadwood out, and get 1 really good CB in. Tapsoba seems very good to me, but I'm sure there are others who can at least be an upgrade on Dier/Lenglet. If we can at least upgrade LCB, I think we'll be ok.

BUT our recruitment has had way too many fails..... I wouldn't dream denying that fact.

When you're the size (wealth) of us Arse & Dippers; big money mistakes still matter (be that numbers, fee budgets, wage-bill or all 3)....... When you're doped (or Man U) you just shrug it off and carry on.... and on.... and on.

....That said; even Man U & Chavski hit a bit of an tricky patch this summer.

On the flipside; make too many relatively big, shit signings in a short period of time and it can wreck you (Everton).
I wonder if Gio would have been a success if Poch stayed. Tanguy to some degree. Even Davinson (maybe).

After that, Richy may still work out.

Ange said recently you only get success if everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction.

If i look at all the issues with transfers they seem to be about direction.

It's not hard to see that Gio and Tanguy won't work for Jose or Conte.

The club needs to go in one direction for a consistent period of time. Transfers are the biggest symptom of that problem.

I don't understand why we act like this, it's like we are in serious financial trouble.

And then I have to hear that lying Dicksplash troll on camera saying all profits go straight back into the club

Back
Top Bottom