Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Eh, we've literally signed 3 attacking players this Window?

But I can see a scenario of using the money to buy two CB's and leaving Richy and Son to battle it out as the strikers.

We've signed a back-up LW, a midfielder who chips in and erm .. I'm assuming you're referring to making the already here Kulu permanent?

Selling the guy who bagged 30 league goals for us and was more creative than anyone in the squad and just going "oh well, Son and Richy will do it!" would be gross mismanagement. If you're going to lean on those two to play CF then you better fucking buy a wide player who scores goals.

Kane nets us 90m+. Only buying a defender would be trolling this fanbase, we should be paying out for a CB regardless of whether he stays or goes.

I'd be content with Lenglet

He showed a few signs of his world class potential last season and can't be blamed for his poor performances in general

Conte stifled his game

I also wouldn't look too deeply into his poor spell at Barca either , I think the blame there also lies with Conte

Watch him fly under Ange and the system he is cooking up

💪
Yep.
Same for Tanganga and Rodon. Like new signings.

List of clubs more attractive than Tottenham right now…
Napoli and Inter - CL every year and good chance of winning league over 3 years.
Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool.
PSG.
Bayern.

At least 9 clubs that are CLEARLY a more attractive option than Tottenham. Tabsoba is a top talent and one or two of those might want a big CB signing next year. And that’s excluding clubs like Man Utd.

If you wait a year then Tottenham may still be an option even if those clubs don’t come and you’ll be able to see what this new project is about. If you move now then those big clubs will probably never come for you. At his age the next move is vital.

Obviously Tottenham fans - myself included - want him to come but as Ange said, you’re not shopping at Amazon. There are a lot of very good reasons not to move if you’re Tapsoba.
You just listed 9 clubs at 2 cb each that’s 1 in 18

So I said. If you feel your better than 1 of the top 20 CBS in the world role the dice
I doubt very much tapsoba is so he should be very grateful for the chance to play for us

We've signed a back-up LW, a midfielder who chips and erm .. I'm assuming you're referring to making the already here Kulu permanent?

Selling the guy who bagged 30 league goals for us and was more creative than anyone in the squad and just going "oh well, Son and Richy will do it!" would be gross mismanagement. If you're going to lean on those two to play CF then you better fucking buy a wide player who scores goals.

Kane nets us 90m+. Only buying a defender would be trolling this fanbase, we should be paying out for a CB regardless of whether he stays or goes.
NOT selling Kate would just mean that in 12 months time we will have the same problems but less money to sort it out !!

What insight do you want?

PL is the richest European league therefore quoted prices are sky high. We have categorically capped our expenditure to profit, and we’ve already allocated Kulusevski, Porro and Maddison to this window.

Probably have about 30 million left and everyone is telling us to fuck off.

Only way we buy anyone decent is if Kane goes.

I very much doubt that scenario is 100% accurate, and I imagine we have more than 30 million to spend for sure. But I appreciate your attempt to actually have a discussion at least.

They have his staff who he leant 500k talking about their boss giving him a tip and another complaining he didn't give him info earlier to sell before the bad news came out. If this can't be proven may as well give up the law entirely
It’s not illegal to give a stock tip, recommend that you ‘invest in my great company’, offer stock options as part of a salary or lend you money to buy stock.

The prosecution has to prove that Lewis passed on or used material, non-public information whilst doing so. That’s a different bar.

We've signed a back-up LW, a midfielder who chips in and erm .. I'm assuming you're referring to making the already here Kulu permanent?

What did Liverpool get with Coutinho money?

They didn't get a creative player iirc?

And they leaned on Coutinho to do ALL of their creation when he was there.

Not saying don't sign an attacker but it doesnt have to be a striker does it?

A back up to who though?

Happy Fc Barcelona GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Not saying don't sign an attacker but it doesnt have to be a striker does it?

Nope. I said wide player in my post. Either go out and sign a striker, or sign a wide player you know can get goals.

Liverpool remodeled their whole team when Coutinho went. Signed Fabinho and Keita and went full work-horse, solid midfield with rapid wide players & VVD being a rolls royce. If we go ahead and re-invest in multiple positions then that's fine.

JUST signing a CB with the money wouldn't be fine. That would be utterly shit.

Yes, sell Kane. I just don't want to hear a single supporter fall for it if they then buy Tapsoba and that's it.

That CB transfer should have nothing to do with selling Kane or not.

100% agree. If (and it's looking likely we will) we sell Kane, we would need to buy another forward. And if we don't we should be purchasing at least 2 CBs regardless.

Nope. I said wide player in my post. Either go out and sign a striker, or sign a wide player you know can get goals.

Liverpool remodeled their whole team when Coutinho went. Signed Fabinho and Keita and went full work-horse, solid midfield with rapid wide players & VVD being a rolls royce. If we go ahead and re-invest in multiple positions then that's fine.

JUST signing a CB with the money wouldn't be fine. That would be utterly shit.
O Keefe said a while ago that we're still looking to bring in 3-4 players.

Back
Top Bottom