Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
True, but I I'd still be interested in any insight other than Levy is tight or bald if you have any?
There's nothing left to be said that hasn't been said. If you want an original viewpoint you're gonna have to indulge some very fringe ideas.

I’m genuinely sorry for sharing this…

Was thinking about this and it's not that they are unwilling to pay for Tapsoba that's annoying.

I was excited by Vicario even though he was cheaper than Raya. But the data and film looked like they had a plan.

I was excited by Solomon because again it looked like they had a plan.

Honestly wouldn't have given a fuck if they had found an alternative from somewhere else for 15m and done it by now... if the data and video looked like they had a plan.

The reason the CB situation is really pissing me off is the dithering and pretence. If Levy knows the price and he doesn't want to pay it, why not just move on? All this hanging about for the price to come down is just his classic playbook that resulted in so many fucked transfers and shafted managers over the years.

Do you work for sports-witness?

They make every single article up but you keep them coming.
It's no worse than twitter ITK links that people have and keep posting .🤷‍♂️
The particular article you referenced, they use the Italian media as their source. Definitely more trustworthy than SpursLion.

True, but I I'd still be interested in any insight other than Levy is tight or bald if you have any?

What more insight on this do you need? Leverkusen set a price, we won't pay it, we're negotiating which 100% means Levy is trying silly installments or offering fees well below the asking price, eventually if we do sell Kane or get really panicky we'll end up just paying more or less what they wanted anyway.

That's how most of our deals go. It's been how most of our deals go for years.

What more insight on this do you need? Leverkusen set a price, we won't pay it, we're negotiating which 100% means Levy is trying silly installments or offering fees well below the asking price, eventually if we do sell Kane or get really panicky we'll end up just paying more or less what they wanted anyway.

That's how most of our deals go. It's been how most of our deals go for years.

What price have they set? What did we offer?

It's no worse than twitter ITK links that people have and keep posting .🤷‍♂️
The particular article you referenced, they use the Italian media as their source. Definitely more trustworthy than SpursLion.
Spurslion

Being the one at the end of the season admitted he just mugged everyone off and wasn’t itk at all

Which was ironic… because he got more right than all the ‘genuine’ itk 😂

There

No I disagree with you there mate. There’s 2 top Spanish clubs. The Italian clubs are alright. You got the plastic PSG that pay big money fuck all else
Bayern Munich. Yeah sure
Then you’ve got the premier league

Best league in the world
You’ll get best wages outside of those just mentioned

And Londons a great city

You’ve pretty much got to be one of the 8 best centrebacks in the world to go the the clubs that are currently winning anything

One of the top 20 to go and play at the premier league top clubs

Which we are

We’ve got to get it right or be in some jeopardy. But none of the other lot are doing so great either … goons aside

I’m not sure what to say … don’t become an agent or don’t become a spurs supporter?

Because one of those you’re not very good at
List of clubs more attractive than Tottenham right now…
Napoli and Inter - CL every year and good chance of winning league over 3 years.
Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool.
PSG.
Bayern.

At least 9 clubs that are CLEARLY a more attractive option than Tottenham. Tabsoba is a top talent and one or two of those might want a big CB signing next year. And that’s excluding clubs like Man Utd.

If you wait a year then Tottenham may still be an option even if those clubs don’t come and you’ll be able to see what this new project is about. If you move now then those big clubs will probably never come for you. At his age the next move is vital.

Obviously Tottenham fans - myself included - want him to come but as Ange said, you’re not shopping at Amazon. There are a lot of very good reasons not to move if you’re Tapsoba.

Napoli and Inter - CL every year and good chance of winning league over 3 years.
PSG.
Bayern.

At least 9 clubs that are CLEARLY a more attractive option than Tottenham. Tabsoba is a top talent and one or two of those might want a big CB signing next year. And that’s excluding clubs like Man Utd.

If you wait a year then Tottenham may still be an option even if those clubs don’t come and you’ll be able to see what this new project is about. If you move now then those big clubs will probably never come for you.

Obviously Tottenham fans - myself included - want him to come but as Ange said, you’re not shopping at Amazon. There are a lot of very good reasons not to move if you’re Tapsoba
Ok so to the question you’re either a shit agent or shit spurs supporter

I can only assume you’re an excellent football agent

PSG.
Bayern.

If you wait a year then Tottenham may still be an option even if those clubs don’t come and you’ll be able to see what this new project is about. If you move now then those big clubs will probably never come for you. At his age the next move is vital.

Obviously Tottenham fans - myself included - want him to come but as Ange said, you’re not shopping at Amazon. There are a lot of very good reasons not to move if you’re Tapsoba.

Not a single report from any of the reputable journalists has stated Tapsoba doesn't want to come here. All the reports have been based on us not being willing to pay Leverkusen's price at all.

One of their other stars just went to Aston fucking Villa. This is the pull of the Premier League and the reality of how much more money English clubs can offer players. We would likely beat Inter and Napoli to most players outside of Italy too, because we can financially out-muscle them.

Also, this sure sounds like a shit club you're describing .. doesn't sound well ran or attractive at all, wonder how it got here.

Selling Kane and not signing a single attacking player (incl wide players) would be hilariously tight even for Levy.

Eh, we've literally signed 3 attacking players this Window?

But I can see a scenario of using the money to buy two CB's and leaving Richy and Son to battle it out as the strikers.

Ok but that's not really bringing any new insight into the discussion.
What insight do you want?

PL is the richest European league therefore quoted prices are sky high. We have categorically capped our expenditure to profit, and we’ve already allocated Kulusevski, Porro and Maddison to this window.

Probably have about 30 million left and everyone is telling us to fuck off.

Only way we buy anyone decent is if Kane goes.

I'd be content with Lenglet

He showed a few signs of his world class potential last season and can't be blamed for his poor performances in general

Conte stifled his game

I also wouldn't look too deeply into his poor spell at Barca either , I think the blame there also lies with Conte

Watch him fly under Ange and the system he is cooking up

💪

PSG.
Bayern.

In that case, if there is an opportunity to sign him this summer, then you take the chance whilst it's there?

Back
Top Bottom