Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I couldn't even imagine the uproar if both Kane leaves and we don't sign at least one quality CB.

Oh wait. Yes I can. There will be 20 people outside the training ground (all of which we'll ridicule) and the Levy Out chants will last an extra few minutes in a near full capacity stadium.

We're all pissed off, but let's be honest, we'll never make much of a fuss. Not really.

Twitter & TFC will be ablaze tho!

It’s not illegal to give a stock tip, recommend that you ‘invest in my great company’, offer stock options as part of a salary or lend you money to buy stock.

The prosecution has to prove that Lewis passed on or used material, non-public information whilst doing so. That’s a different bar.
It is when he had insider information as an owner /investor that results were going to be positive or and fda case is going against the company (which he did, he wouldn't have been allowed to buy or sell shares at the time).

It’s either a) we don’t rate Tosin, which is dumb, because he’s £15m, homegrown, a proven PL player with pace, real aerial gifts, and ability to play in a high line, and at the very least, he can come in and do a much better job than anyone but Romero. Or b) were fucking around with Tosin because we can’t shift deadwood and we’re totally hamstrung by the court case, the Kane situation, all the change at the moment, so we’ve put all our competence into other areas.
Or c) the player wanted a different club. Players have agency.

If Kane goes there he will score bags of goals, win easy domestic trophies and be a serious contender in the knockout phase of the CL.

After years of sweating his bollocks off with us only to win less than West Ham, surely you can understand why he is interested? He wants the feeling of wearing a winners medal and not the feeling of losing 6-1 to Newcastle.
Should have scored some goals in those finals he played in then hey?

He sent Sherwood didn’t he. Still not convinced that’s true
He did, I recall as he was on a big season of 20-25Goals by the time press reports Tim and Sir Les went but reported back unconvinced, he/they saw him as too similar to VDV.

Angry Hate GIF

VDV is quick though, which means he can recover to defend when opponents play that ball over the top that is killing us at the moment.
With the space we are leaving behind the defence we are going to get murdered by Premier teams.
Precisely. Other defenders may be better on paper. That doesn't mean that they would be better for the way that we intend to play.

If the ball is being played over or around him, when we are playing a high line, his aerial ability is irrelevant, whereas his recovery pace becomes the more important aspect of his game.

The only concern is from set pieces where we're in our own box, but it doesn't take a lot of coaching to teach a player to jump better.

I don’t get why people don’t get a lot of things …. I had one the other day where in the end I just thought bollox to ya

There’s plenty I don’t engage with because I know it’s a total waste of time

Saying that in the minority are some very smart posters and they make the board worthwhile
Thank you

smug GIF

He did, I recall as he was on a big season of 20-25Goals by the time press reports Tim and Sir Les went but reported back unconvinced, he/they saw him as too similar to VDV.

Angry Hate GIF
Imagine being a pro footballer. Then coach scout and not recognising Suarez 😂. And I’m sorry but what’s wrong exactly with being too similar to vdv?

Yeah we don’t want him he’s way too similar to one of our very best players

I can’t compute the logic there
:pritchardeyes:

I’ve become utterly convinced that the club brass can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. It feels like everything has pushed to a standstill to focus on the Kane transfer.

I think we actually do need to sell to buy, I don’t think we’re making any progress until we get significant outs, obviously Kane, but in the immediate term it seems we truly do need incoming cash in the form of Sanchez, Hojbjerg, hopefully another.

Back
Top Bottom