Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
They don't have levy?
Well exactly.

Levy’s single biggest failing is not realising how poor he is at the footballing side of the club. Commercially he is probably the best in the business, but he is arguably the worst when it comes to the actual football.

Therefore we rarely have a strategy and when we do have a strategy he soon changes his mind and moves on to another strategy or a scattergun approach.

He is killing us

The talks failed. That's the ONLY thing we know for certain because he's still at Inter.
What if the talk went like this;

Spurs to Agent: "We are interested in your client coming to us, would it be possible to discuss this?"

Agent: Yeah sure, I'll run it by my Client to see if he's interested."

Spurs: Great, we'll contact Inter then to see if they're interested in selling."

Spurs to Inter: " we'd like to buy your player, would you be interested in selling?"

Inter: "Sure, if the price is right."

Spurs: " We'll offer you £65M."

Inter: "That's a fair offer, we'll sell as long as the player wants to leave."

Agent to Spurs: "I've spoken to my Client and he's stated that he doesn't want to leave, whatever the offer."

Inter to Spurs: "Sorry but the player wishes to stay. We would have been interested, but we can't and won't force the player out."

That's not talks breaking down. There has to be some form of negotiation for the talks to have 'broken down.' As soon as one party indicates that he has no interest in negotiating, there's absolutely nothing there to break down. Nothing happened.

How you're unable to grasp this concept is a mystery to me.

Well exactly.

Levy’s single biggest failing is not realising how poor he is at the footballing side of the club. Commercially he is probably the best in the business, but he is arguably the worst when it comes to the actual football.

Therefore we rarely have a strategy and when we do have a strategy he soon changes his mind and moves on to another strategy or a scattergun approach.

He is killing us
Yes he is

We were chasing top spot and he got Nelson and Saha to help us push on.

It's hardly any wonder he decided the England job would be easier.

He also had a team consisting of Bale, Modric, Adebayor and VDV. One of if not the most talented groups of players he has worked with.

Arry wanted the England job regardless.

They don't seem to be worried with that 230m net spend this summer
We had CL for 7 years was it. They still spent more than us plus their wage bill dwarfed ours

I can handle that because until recently they spent money as poorly judged as we did …. But they’ve had some top class young players come through and spent fairly impressively

They’ve bought the best English CM and they’re going to challenge

All we re asking is for 2 decent CBs …. Get the right ones and I think we’re close enough to them

Don’t address it or cheap out and it’ll show what we’re all about

Spurs to Agent: "We are interested in your client coming to us, would it be possible to discuss this?"

Spurs: Great, we'll contact Inter then to see if they're interested in selling."

Spurs to Inter: " we'd like to buy your player, would you be interested in selling?"

Agent to Spurs: "I've spoken to my Client and he's stated that he doesn't want to leave, whatever the offer."

Inter to Spurs: "Sorry but the player wishes to stay. We would have been interested, but we can't and won't force the player out."

That's not talks breaking down. There has to be some form of negotiation for the talks to have 'broken down.' As soon as one party indicates that he has no interest in negotiating, there's absolutely nothing there to break down. Nothing happened.

You really think that's how it went?

I bet you don't think that's how it went.

Last edited:
Need I remind everyone who is surprised, of this simple fact.

Our director of football Fabio Paratici is still banned from football and there is still no clarity on the DOF position, nor has Fabio even been officially let go. It’s been 3 months now.

This means that the person we had in charge of transfers was literally banned from doing his job and we didn’t even replace him. In the most crucial summer of the past 10 years.

It really does beggar belief. I am crying out for any ENIC defender to find a response to this. I seriously want to hear your explanation.

You’ve missed off actually following through with appointing Munn too.

It’s no wonder our transfers are a fucking mess. Levy is dealing with them. I’d be surprised if we make another signing this summer now. 2018 vibes coming out of the club now.

‘Insider trading’, under normal circumstances, is notoriously difficult to prove and there’s often a fine line between legal and illegal. There’s probably no direct evidence and the prosecution will rely on a circumstantial case.
Another major factor is the quality of lawyers involved. I can tell you that the best lawyers working for governmental regulatory agencies (e.g the SEC ) or the US attorney’s office will cross over and work for law firms to help clients get around the regulations that they previously enforced. It’s about the money. Having said that, SDNY district has a great reputation and record for successful prosecutions and Williams is a smart guy. You don’t get to be Paul Giamatti on ‘Billions’ without doing something right.
Don't agree with any of that, I've seen Trading Places.

Yup. For any transfer, three parties have to be agreeable to the idea: Buying club (a gimme), selling club and player. Let’s ignore the added complexity of agents.

For Bastoni:
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Yes
Player — No.

Now let’s apply what we’ve learned to this year’s targets:

Tapsoba
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — No
Player — Unknown but probably yes. .

Tosin
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Yes
Player — No ( according to latest reports)

VdV
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Indications are Yes but reluctantly.
Player — Indications are Yes.

Lenglet
Buying club — Yes but reluctantly
Selling club — Yes
Player — Yes.

I don’t think it’s going to take a genius to figure out the more likely recruits. Of course there are other CBs in the mix like Nelsson and Ibanez but links are tenuous and we don’t really have any additional information.

Yup. For any transfer, three parties have to be agreeable to the idea: Buying club (a gimme), selling club and player. Let’s ignore the added complexity of agents.

For Bastoni:
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Yes
Player — No.

Tapsoba
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — No

Tosin
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Yes

VdV
Buying club — Yes

Lenglet
Selling club — Yes
Player — Yes.

I don’t think it’s going to take a genius to figure out the more likely recruits. Of course there are other CBs in the mix like Nelsson and Ibanez but links are tenuous and we don’t really have any additional information.

Tonali

SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR

shopping

sugar.jpg

SUGAR, sugar, SuGAr
Weeks away from bankruptcy, so he will have my lifelong gratitude- which is tough given what an utter bastard amongst utter bastards that he was.

For Bastoni:
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Yes
Player — No.

Tapsoba
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — No

Tosin
Buying club — Yes
Selling club — Yes

VdV
Buying club — Yes

Lenglet
Selling club — Yes
Player — Yes.

Do you mind if I copy and paste this. Download it maybe. I see it all so clearly now. You need to get this out there. More people need to see this work

This is essential reading

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom