Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Boil it down, it's because good CBs are really expensive these days, and Levy will be trying to pay the absolute bare minimum, along with some convoluted payment structure.

Rightly or wrongly, that'll almost certainly be why there's a delay.

Ok but that's not really bringing any new insight into the discussion.

I dunno how much he was or is on now, but we'd have probably paid him Romero money which is 165kpw.

I suspect that would have been easily double what inter had him on for his first senior deal.
He was on €5m per year at the time according to the Netz. His new deal is worth more than Romero. You can argue that he used interest to get a better deal but he was never going to leave Inter all things being close to equal.

Agree.

I wonder how Liverpool profiled VVD at Southampton. Not many could say he was elite yet.

If he was genuinely considered "elite" whilst still at Soton; Man City & Man U wouldn't have boulked at his fee like they did...... Liverpool saw something in him greater than what he'd shown; pulled the trigger and it paid off..... (Man U tried to emulate with the Maguire deal and it didn't pay off.)

He PROVED himself at Liverpool. He didn't arrive an already accepted "elite" player.

I couldn't even imagine the uproar if both Kane leaves and we don't sign at least one quality CB.

Oh wait. Yes I can. There will be 20 people outside the training ground (all of which we'll ridicule) and the Levy Out chants will last an extra few minutes in a near full capacity stadium.

We're all pissed off, but let's be honest, we'll never make much of a fuss. Not really.

#KeyboardWarriors!

There
It’s telling that almost noone on this forum would make a convincing case for Tapsoba to leave Leverkusan if his interests were all you were concerned about.

You are a starter for the club that made you a top class defender, you’ll have a chance to play in Europe if you stay, and you like your teammates and you’re settled.

Tottenham have a new coach, their best ever player looks to be leaving and they finished 8th last year. Every transfer is a risk, but is this really the club to leave for? There are unlikely to be any trophies in it for you.

Play another year and you could end up in a Gvardiol situation where you leave for a top top club.

(If that narrative is plausible then no amount of money will do it for Tottenham)

No I disagree with you there mate. There’s 2 top Spanish clubs. The Italian clubs are alright. You got the plastic PSG that pay big money fuck all else
Bayern Munich. Yeah sure
Then you’ve got the premier league

Best league in the world
You’ll get best wages outside of those just mentioned

And Londons a great city

You’ve pretty much got to be one of the 8 best centrebacks in the world to go the the clubs that are currently winning anything

One of the top 20 to go and play at the premier league top clubs

Which we are

We’ve got to get it right or be in some jeopardy. But none of the other lot are doing so great either … goons aside

I’m not sure what to say … don’t become an agent or don’t become a spurs supporter?

Because one of those you’re not very good at

If he was genuinely considered "elite" whilst still at Soton; Man City & Man U wouldn't have boulked at his fee like they did...... Liverpool saw something in him greater than what he'd shown; pulled the trigger and it paid off..... (Man U tried to emulate with the Maguire deal and it didn't pay off.)

He PROVED himself at Liverpool. He didn't arrive an already accepted "elite" player.
Absolutely.

I guess that's where the conviction and trust in your scouting comes in.

Is there also just an acceptance in big clubs that sometimes you get these wrong?

Maguire hasn't scared UTD off going big again since.

I’m genuinely sorry for sharing this…

When Kane goes this one will get done and ENIC IN will win the thread saying that you have your CB's now :levylol:

But ENIC out will point out that we're now without a striker and Levy has left us short again :avbmad:

ENIC in will say Richie and Son will do the job and point out Levy spent £60m on Richie last Summer:richlips:

ENIC out will then call you a Levybot and bemoan the fact that Kolo Muani was the one that got away all season :ledley:

Was that the end of ‘tapping up’. You remember they had a fee agreed with Soton at 60m. Then they lost their shit that klippety had been chatting with him

Deal fell through and to avoid being banned from approaching him again they paid soton a 10m sweetener 70 m

Seems to be the last one ever heard of tapping up

When Kane goes this one will get done and ENIC IN will win the thread saying that you have your CB's now :levylol:

But ENIC out will point out that we're now without a striker and Levy has left us short again :avbmad:

ENIC in will say Richie and Son will do the job and point out Levy spent £60m on Richie last Summer:richlips:

ENIC out will then call you a Levybot and bemoan the fact that Kolo Muani was the one that got away all season :ledley:

Selling Kane and not signing a single attacking player (incl wide players) would be hilariously tight even for Levy.

Back
Top Bottom