Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Need I remind everyone who is surprised, of this simple fact.

Our director of football Fabio Paratici is still banned from football and there is still no clarity on the DOF position, nor has Fabio even been officially let go. It’s been 3 months now.

This means that the person we had in charge of transfers was literally banned from doing his job and we didn’t even replace him. In the most crucial summer of the past 10 years.

It really does beggar belief. I am crying out for any ENIC defender to find a response to this. I seriously want to hear your explanation.

Imagine being a pro footballer. Then coach scout and not recognising Suarez 😂. And I’m sorry but what’s wrong exactly with being too similar to vdv?

Yeah we don’t want him he’s way too similar to one of our very best players

I can’t compute the logic there
:pritchardeyes:
It was a case of believing Sherwood and Ferdinand on one game, maybe he played 10 and was off colour that game. Rather than watch him 10x by trusted scouts. One of many sliding doors moments, Spurs have been on the wrong end of.

you know what if its lenglet and tanganga im done

4 fucking years we needed top quality cb's

so far maddison raised this window by a 5 out of 10 but thats it the cb's would raise it to 9 if we get two good ones
If the window ended tomorrow i'd say 5 out of 10 is very generous. We've only shifted Winks. Maddison is a good signing, the keeper hopefully but completely unknown. Solomon looks to have a bit of ability but it was a punt because he was free. I'd say we're 2 good centre backs, a first team level wide right player and clearing out another 7 or 8 away from a 9.

Our director of football Fabio Paratici is still banned from football and there is still no clarity on the DOF position, nor has Fabio even been officially let go. It’s been 3 months now.

This means that the person we had in charge of transfers was literally banned from doing his job and we didn’t even replace him. In the most crucial summer of the past 10 years.

It really does beggar belief. I am crying out for any ENIC defender to find a response to this. I seriously want to hear your explanation.

Try to keep up....

Yes, but back then we could've used him, now we have too many CMs if anything.
Seems patently obvious but this feels like smoke and mirrors. Perhaps if the CB and Kane situations were cleared up I'd have an opinion on Kessie. They aren't and I don't.

To be fair, I am an ENIC apologist but what I can't accept is the incompetence of the scouting / recruitment department. Too many glaring mistakes over too long a period of time and for that, the CEO is 100% accountable.

Gloom-o-meter reading is in the red.

So to recap,
1- No sporting director yet, because his old club won't let him start.
2- Paratici banned for dodgy dealing.
3- The owner is up on indictment charges for financial wrong doing.
4- We can't bring in two center backs for the manager.
5- Looking likely our best player wants out, because we can't match his ambition.
6- Finally it's all in the hands of Levy to resolve.
What could possibly go wrong or get worse, other than the manager quitting.

Yeah he's fucked. He'll probably die before it goes to trial though.
He will be cryogenically frozen when the transfer window closes and then come out to fuck us each and every summer until the day I die. Then he will cross over with a big smile on his face.

Lucky for you, that's probably only another decade.

He was on €5m per year at the time according to the Netz. His new deal is worth more than Romero. You can argue that he used interest to get a better deal but he was never going to leave Inter all things being close to equal.

Wasn't disputing his stay/go scenario.

It's only logical that his agent would have used any such offer to leverage his new deal though.

6- Finally it's all in the hands of Levy to resolve.
This is exactly it. Somehow, some way, we have arrived yet again in the situation where the bald control freak just lucks in to taking over every aspect of the football club and wearing 5 different hats simultaneously to cover his shiny dome.

"Just circumstances". "Just the way she goes sometimes". "Temporary restructuring".

thing is, I don't even blame Levy for being overwhelmed and underperforming in the transfer negotiations portion of his job. He's got a million other things to worry about, first of all Lewis's court case.

I just... how many times has this happened now? How many more times is it going to happen before we actually get a proper stable structure at this football club?

HOW MANY TIMES?

Back
Top Bottom