Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
😂 Fair enough
What's made you so disillusioned out of interest?
Hiring NES has knocked the stuffing out of me. Grave reservations about Paratici already, and the players we are being linked with, but we shall see. It does not appear that Levy has stepped back from the footballing side of things, and then there is the familiarly glacial pace of negotiations, which begs the question as to whom is doing the negotiating. Looking like a cosmetic change from where I am sitting, here in my little mudhut in Ireland.

Sure but we want an ATM who has more than one goal and three assists in him since he joined the premier league a couple of years ago.
But how often was Gio actually played as an attacking mid? I seem to remember most of his games came as a two with Hojberg.

From that position he is more of a pre-assister. See ball to Tanganga for the recent goal against Woolwich

He gives us a bit of control and tenacity in the middle which Sissoko, Winks or Dele can't.

Have you seen the stats for GLC goal/assists?

Nowhere near as good as Deli, even when Deli went off form. Same goes for Ndombele.

No way would I play either of those two in AMF ahead of Ali.
I was actually just making the point that 90% of his highlights reel is nutmegs, I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. But, as you bring it up...

As someone else has just said, stats don't tell the full story. GLC looks usefully involved more than Deli does. GLC doesn't easily concede possession the way Deli does. GLC doesn't huff up his shoulders in a sulk, or alternatively just laugh, when he tries something and it goes wrong the way Deli does - in those situations, GLC runs back like crazy to try to atone for his error. He also presses much better. I don't completely ignore stats - that's as stupid as basing everything on them - but I do also let my eyes interpret the play as I watch (on internet I mean) the full 90 mins of every competitive game we play. And for me, even despite his continual injury set-backs, GLC has looked to me like he brings much more to the team than sub-par Deli.

I'm not anti-Deli by the way - I'd absolutely love him to get back to his best and start competing for a place in the team, and even the national team - but in the last couple of years, for me he has been a long way off that, and some way behind GLC. In my opinion of course - it's a subjective topic, you're welcome to think differently. :)

Did Paratici go on holiday or something?

wHeRe ARe ThE SigNiNGS?

Frustrated Fainting GIF

But how often was Gio actually played as an attacking mid? I seem to remember most of his games came as a two with Hojberg.

From that position he is more of a pre-assister. See ball to Tanganga for the recent goal against Woolwich

He gives us a bit of control and tenacity in the middle which Sissoko, Winks or Dele can't.
Please scroll down on GLC's stats here... Giovani Lo Celso Statistics | Premier League

Point out what part you are impressed with?

Why are anybody suddenly slanting GLC? In his first season, unfortunately coincided with us having a shitty season, he is head and shoulders above everybody. Was really really sure he was going to be our player of the season, but somewhat overlooked and Son won it.
I guess his work is underappreciated. Just you watch. Of course if he can stay healthy.

I was actually just making the point that 90% of his highlights reel is nutmegs, I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. But, as you bring it up...

As someone else has just said, stats don't tell the full story. GLC looks usefully involved more than Deli does. GLC doesn't easily concede possession the way Deli does. GLC doesn't huff up his shoulders in a sulk, or alternatively just laugh, when he tries something and it goes wrong the way Deli does - in those situations, GLC runs back like crazy to try to atone for his error. He also presses much better. I don't completely ignore stats - that's as stupid as basing everything on them - but I do also let my eyes interpret the play as I watch (on internet I mean) the full 90 mins of every competitive game we play. And for me, even despite his continual injury set-backs, GLC has looked to me like he brings much more to the team than sub-par Deli.

I'm not anti-Deli by the way - I'd absolutely love him to get back to his best and start competing for a place in the team, and even the national team - but in the last couple of years, for me he has been a long way off that, and some way behind GLC. In my opinion of course - it's a subjective topic, you're welcome to think differently. :)
My point is that Winks Deli et al get shit with other under performers ie GLC, Ndomblele seem to get an easier ride, that's because they never did fuck all good to start with. Winks did have some good seasons so did Deli, moreso than Winks.

What has GLC or Ndombele done that is so much better?

Dele was never be that creating force in our midfield.

Yes and no. He's not an Eriksen, Silva, DeBruyne type. But a fully confident Dele is as good at scoring from absolutely nothing as anyone in the league IMO. He can be on the peripheral of a game for ages where we're not getting chances and then score something out of nothing.

I have absolutely no issue with self funded rich clubs spending more than us eg Utd, Liverpool, Real, even Woolwich

it’s the financially doped that kills me

My issue with taking the doped clubs out is the self funded clubs become untouchable. I've said it many times, if Chelsea hadn't happened United would have won at least 10 more titles in that period.
The premier league would be as competitive as the Bundeslega where Bayern, save for a couple of blips, have won the title almost every year for decades and just strip their rivals of talent every year at will.

Hiring NES has knocked the stuffing out of me. Grave reservations about Paratici already, and the players we are being linked with, but we shall see. It does not appear that Levy has stepped back from the footballing side of things, and then there is the familiarly glacial pace of negotiations, which begs the question as to whom is doing the negotiating. Looking like a cosmetic change from where I am sitting, here in my little mudhut in Ireland.
Reservations over Romero, Gil, Gollini deals and potentially Tomiyasu/Martinez/Vlahovic?

I still don't understand why we aren't looking into Alessio Romagnoli...
He has one year left on his contract and he's left-footed.

AC Milan was reported to be interested in Sissoko, so an added bonus might be if we can decrease the amount paid by offering Sissoko as part of the deal.
Because he's shit, and Paratici knows it. We should look at players to upgrade the team, and I'd rather have Dier than Romagnoli.

My point is that Winks Deli et al get shit with other under performers ie GLC, Ndomblele seem to get an easier ride, that's because they never did fuck all good to start with. Winks did have some good seasons so did Deli, moreso than Winks.

What has GLC or Ndombele done that is so much better?
I've already outlined to you in my above post all the things that GLC has done to be thought of by most on here as a much better player than Deli in the last 2 years.

N'dombele does not get an easy ride at all, have you actually read this forum in the last few months / 48 hours? Many want us to cut our losses and get rid. More people want to get rid of N'Dombele now than Deli. For me, I hope both of them pull their fingers out, put some proper graft and effort in, sort their heads out, and become great players for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom