Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, welcome to TFC. Always nice to see a new face. Good first post.

As much as I like the transfers in you have suggested, even as the biggest Kane fan going, we aren't getting £120m plus 2 players worth £60-70m each included. It would either be £50m plus both or £100m and one of them.

Laporte and/or Silva instantly solve 2 problem areas. Add Martinez, a creative mid, another striker and a right back on to that and we're definitely a stronger team on paper, and genuinely have a team that should be pushing for the top 4 if not higher.

But I agree in the sense that if he is so desperate to leave, then make a deal for him. Kane is the best player I have ever seen for Spurs in my lifetime, but no one is bigger than the club. If (big if considering Bale money) we spend it right, then we could be a better team for it (Liverpool selling Coutinho almost) and with Patrici in charge of transfers then there is every chance that does happen.

However if the scattered reports of him signing a new deal are true then I'll be right behind him again!
I agree but at the same time, I think we have more leverage than Kane and City in that:

A) He has no release clause so we can demand whatever we want

B) We are not desperate for cash so we can keep him. Plus he has 3 years left on his contract. I don't think he will depreciate that much imo.

Knowing this, we can be a bit more demanding of City really want him. Also, the two players I quoted want out and they won't be able to sell them easily due to wages.

Goddamn, had long answer typed out and deleted. I'll not repeat it, but essentially :

Euros makes it look a bit bigger... So Lautaro at €77m = £65m, and Vlahovic at say €62m = £52m.

Romano saying 90m euro for Martinez now...... Oooof!

H
Yeah JWP would be a solid signing for me but God knows how much they would want for him , personally makes more sense for Villa to buy him tbh.
villa buy him and Soton use some of the money to buy Winks, allowing us to buy someone better.
Fabio has rumours going for four midfielders at the moment.
zakaria
JWP
Brozovic
Palhinha..Portuguese lad.
Seems to be the way he operates.

I would love JWP and think he would make our midfield better but the English premium Soton are gonna slap on him will be too much.
We're going to have to pay the English premium for somebody.

People say "English premium" like it's a bunch of irrational jingoism, but the HGP rules make English-grown players (sorry Eric) genuinely more valuable than they otherwise would be.

We're going to have to pay the English premium for somebody.

People say "English premium" like it's a bunch of irrational jingoism, but the HGP rules make English-grown players (sorry Eric) genuinely more valuable than they otherwise would be.

It's simply a legitimate concern when considering the cost of players beyond a certain perceived ability level....... It's not like people are inclined to consider it when buying Jack Clarke et al.

Possible Martinez replacement for Inter?

excelente-burns.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom