Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw him against BMG towards the end of last season, and my glass eye started to twitch. I read he was one of the options Lester was exploring.
You know my position on Spurs and potential Yanks. So just assume this is another instance. But if Lester are interested then some other squads should take a peak. Can't imagine he'd be too expensive at the moment.

I can only imagine we are pushing for a fairly big name 2nd centre back otherwise we would have just gone and picked up a Vestegaard/Milenkovic by now.

That or we are chosing whether to spend big on a forward (Martinez/Vlahovic) or a CB (Skriniar?)and just waiting to see how it plays out.

Predictions

In:
- Tomiyasu
- Vlahovic/Martinez (I think we prefer Martinez but will go for Vlahovic if he's not possible/we get both if Kane goes)
- 20m CB (anyone's guess)
- Punt on a CM (Zakaria type. Don't think we pay English premium for a JWP)

Out:
- Sissoko
- Aurier
- Winks (loan to buy if we get a CM in)
- Sanchez

Think a good offer would send Bergjwin packing but I don't think it would come.

I'm not sure of your point given what I said.....

Point is there's no denying the fact that 80m is an awful lot of dosh to spend on a secondary striker that may not even fit the remit of playing alone when required.

Like I suggested.... IF Kane goes then it's a different decision.

Soldado, Pav & Bent weren't cheap punts........

Even Jansen was a calculated punt (crazy goalscoring rate!) that was 18m in pre-Neymar money.

Your post seems to overlook the fact that I said I thought Vlahovic may be the better option as a #2 (and explained why)...... He'd still cost 60m; so still not a cheap punt either.

Lukaku has just gone for 98 mil, Grealish for 100mil.

I can't figure out how you are expecting us to sign a twenty three year old proven International player for less than 70+add on's?

But like Chelsea did with Lukaku we could always tempt Janssen back for a second test drive?
:)

I can only imagine we are pushing for a fairly big name 2nd centre back otherwise we would have just gone and picked up a Vestegaard/Milenkovic by now.

That or we are chosing whether to spend big on a forward (Martinez/Vlahovic) or a CB (Skriniar?)and just waiting to see how it plays out.

Predictions

In:
- Tomiyasu
- Vlahovic/Martinez (I think we prefer Martinez but will go for Vlahovic if he's not possible/we get both if Kane goes)

Out:
- Sissoko
- Aurier
- Sanchez

I think a lot would depend on whether we sell Kane.

If we do sell him, we'd be able to afford a better CB and Vlahovic/ Martinez.

Lukaku has just gone for 98 mil, Grealish for 100mil.

I can't figure out how you are expecting us to sign a twenty three year old proven International player for less than 70+add on's?

But like Chelsea did with Lukaku we could always tempt Janssen back for a second test drive?
:)

Come on dude... You're not considering what I've posted......

Have another look and get back to me.

Predictions

In:
- Tomiyasu

Out:
- Sissoko
- Aurier
- Sanchez

That would be incredible. Prepare to be Levy’d

Saying Chelsea are making good signings and I'm sick of it is not getting behind Chelsea.
Criticizing ENIC doesn't mean I'm not behind Tottenham.
ENIC aren't Tottenham. Learn that.
☆ENIC criticism alert☆

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

They should be good for a youngster to plunder, to offset the social pretence of financial balancing, who they got BC? Anyone of real promise who should be playing more, that type a deal, or a youngster who might be a dynamo?

They’ve got a couple of decent youngsters, not sure offloading them would help with their ffp much though.

Last edited:
I did consider it.

Should i send you a screen shot?

Well the gist has gone over your head then I guess....

Let me recap:

Given the choice of 1 or the other, I'd rather sign Vlahovic as he would be more compatible to our needs for a 2nd striker (I fear Martinez won't be so suited ot playing on his own when required and I don't think us playing 2 strikers is a given.... Just an ITK comment fans have run away with)......

If we're spending to REPLACE Kane then our needs change and we have more money to play with and buying BOTH seems viable.

Any clearer?

Your jibes about Jansen are completely off-target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom