Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't mean a window with no signings at all is typical, I meant more as typically not landing our main targets for whatever reason.

But then again all we ever have to go on is Twitter gossip so what do we know about the real goings on in a transfer window eh?

Toby, Sanchez, Jansen, Aurier were all main targets scored in recent years.

Agreed on the latter... We don't and won't know the truth about things that didn't or nearly happened (eg see Mane).....

Translated from Spanish by Google
After introducing Jovic, Hazard and Mendy, Real Madrid will now focus on finishing a few starts and in the final attempt for Pogba. But if United gives us up, it will look for another alternative, which is no longer Eriksen. The Dane of Tottenham has been ruled out.

'Good'. Now CE needs to commit or not so we can get on with the bulk of our business.

I'm concerned we still lack pace. I know its not everything but we were so much better with the speed at fullback.
Other than Sissoko and Moura, winks is quite quick for a CM - we're a pretty pedestrian team. Aurier is deceptively slow, rose isn't as quick as he used to be - I'd apply the same to Kane and Dele probably due to injuries.
I look at Liverpool and city and they have devastating pace - either at fullback or in attack.
Our proposed signings in midfield look the part by all accounts, but I'm still a bit concerned we'll continue with our slow build up play.

I love the optimism lads. But do any of us seriously expect us to spend anywhere north of £50m on anyone considering our track record? I really hope we do but I can't see it. I really hoped we would make a statement after the CL final and go out and make a couple of strong signings but as yet nothing except pure speculation.

Fingers crossed anyway...in before Pochettino gets another payrise and hails the summer window a success because we didn't sell anyone :pochbye:
I do

I love the optimism lads. But do any of us seriously expect us to spend anywhere north of £50m on anyone considering our track record? I really hope we do but I can't see it. I really hoped we would make a statement after the CL final and go out and make a couple of strong signings but as yet nothing except pure speculation.

Fingers crossed anyway...in before Pochettino gets another payrise and hails the summer window a success because we didn't sell anyone :pochbye:

We will comfortably smash our transfer record this Summer.

Expect it to be closer to 70 million than 60.

I'm concerned we still lack pace. I know its not everything but we were so much better with the speed at fullback.
Other than Sissoko and Moura, winks is quite quick for a CM - we're a pretty pedestrian team. Aurier is deceptively slow, rose isn't as quick as he used to be - I'd apply the same to Kane and Dele probably due to injuries.
I look at Liverpool and city and they have devastating pace - either at fullback or in attack.
Our proposed signings in midfield look the part by all accounts, but I'm still a bit concerned we'll continue with our slow build up play.

Sonny is the quickest of the lot.

In case you missed it, our chairman said:

"Player trading for the current year will be impacted by the additional costs of Wembley and the delay to the opening of the new stadium."

posted again because no one seems to take those words on board lol.

In case you missed it, our chairman said:

"Player trading for the current year will be impacted by the additional costs of Wembley and the delay to the opening of the new stadium."

posted again because no one seems to take those words on board lol.
That was before Poch said “hey fucker. Buy some good players or I’m leaving”

With the way our squad looks currently, we only need a CM and a scattering of youth prospects.

I can see the case being that we sign Ndombele putting us around -£50m net spend (probably less than 30 upfront anyway) followed by an in/out policy.

Also think it could be wise to secure a big signing like Ndombele before approaching too many other players as it's a statement of intent. Players that are just out of our reach might turn and look at the project and think - this is a club going places.

Any business concluded before 1st July is business done early. I don't understand the frantic comments like the world is about to end, so lets throw 10s of millions everywhere?

Seems like a cheap fee for young English talent to me, certainly worth a punt now rather than waiting for next summer when he could be worth 40-50 million. 'We need to brave and take risks'.

That's the thing I hear often "We could have had the player for half the price last season", to get that deal you have to take a chance. Even if he's not able to get to the level we need it will be hard to see his value dropping much below this.

With the way our squad looks currently, we only need a CM and a scattering of youth prospects.

I can see the case being that we sign Ndombele putting us around -£50m net spend (probably less than 30 upfront anyway) followed by an in/out policy.

Also think it could be wise to secure a big signing like Ndombele before approaching too many other players as it's a statement of intent. Players that are just out of our reach might turn and look at the project and think - this is a club going places.

Any business concluded before 1st July is business done early. I don't understand the frantic comments like the world is about to end, so lets throw 10s of millions everywhere?
Common sense will get you nowhere on here. Throw the word cunt in and you may get some traction.

Back
Top Bottom