Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Common sense will get you nowhere on here. Throw the word cunt in and you may get some traction.

fuck of cunt what do you know, im true spurs youre just a cartoon avatar.
neymar wants to move, lets just make it happen ffs pay what he wants.
150mil + 600k per week is nothing compared to what levy earns each week!

get it done levy. his personality is fantastic too, a real poch player.

enicout levyout #mortgagethestadiumforneymar

Translated from Spanish by Google
After introducing Jovic, Hazard and Mendy, Real Madrid will now focus on finishing a few starts and in the final attempt for Pogba. But if United gives us up, it will look for another alternative, which is no longer Eriksen. The Dane of Tottenham has been ruled out.

Without getting too dramatic, but i don't think it's goodfor anyone for CE to stay.

fuck of cunt what do you know, im true spurs youre just a cartoon avatar.
neymar wants to move, lets just make it happen ffs pay what he wants.
150mil + 600k per week is nothing compared to what levy earns each week!

get it done levy. his personality is fantastic too, a real poch player.

enicout levyout #mortgagethestadiumforneymar
Better

Not necessarily Lo Celso but a similar deep lying playmaker yes I agree.

For me we need in priority order.

Ndombele: no if no butts he is outstanding and is a player we need. Not even remotely sure who would be plan B if this failed as the quality would drop considerably.

Playmaker: as Airfixx Airfixx said if Eriksen stays then we can get a lesser rough diamond player to develop, if he goes we need top class.

RB: nothing against Trippier personally, just not athletic enough for our system.

LB: Sessegnon would be a great player to develop.

AM: wouldn’t mind a punt on the likes of Malcolm at Barca

CB/DM: less concerned even if Toby goes, Sanchez and Foyth have the potential to be brilliant, Dier and Davies are good cover at CB and personally I’d rather put Winks or Ndombele in the number 6 as I prefer a good passing DM to a good tackling one.
Correct it doesn't need to be lo celso but we need to net at least 2 midfielders this summer

If Eriksen goes, I don't see it being particularly unlikely tbh.

Whether he signs or not I doubt he’ll stay beyond next season.

I really don’t see Eriksen staying as a priority, it’s just going to drag on until he eventually fucks off.

How can we build a team around people who know full well don’t want to be here.

That CL final showing has really fucked him
Despite the stats he’s been shite for most of the season, and I think it’s becoming pretty clear that the fawning is only from (some) Tottenham fans.
Who wants him?

I’ve never spoken to or heard of any other fans saying “I’d love to sign Eriksen”. He seems to have set his sights way too high for his ability.

Without getting too dramatic, but i don't think it's goodfor anyone for CE to stay.

He's still a class act, personally if offered I'd rather Eriksen stay and sign a deal ahead of any new incomings. He had a less than average season for us but the guy still has class and isn't in his peak years yet, a summer off could really do him the World of good.

Eriksen re-sign
Ndombele
Lo Celso
RB
Sessegnon & Clarke

These are my prioities as I look at how things are shaping up. Replacing someone like Eriksen would be so incredibly difficult, I'm in the hope he stays camp & would probably sacrifice all other signings if it meant we got to do so. Controversial as we need reinforcements but Christian is the kind of class you don't want to see leave your club IMO

That CL final showing has really fucked him
I'm struggling to think of one player on the pitch that the Champions League Final would have improved their stock.

If you were a club who were 50 50 on getting a player like Eriksen, it certainly wouldn't have persuaded you to pull out all the stops.

I can't see him moving unless it's to a dream club. Why would you when you know you can stick it out for 1 more year then get a monster salary on a free.

Toby as well.

I believe we could sell them, but if they don't want to go and are determined to see out their contract for a year then there's nothing we can do.

He's still a class act, personally if offered I'd rather Eriksen stay and sign a deal ahead of any new incomings. He had a less than average season for us but the guy still has class and isn't in his peak years yet, a summer off could really do him the World of good.

Eriksen re-sign
Ndombele
Lo Celso
RB
Sessegnon & Clarke

These are my prioities as I look at how things are shaping up. Replacing someone like Eriksen would be so incredibly difficult, I'm in the hope he stays camp & would probably sacrifice all other signings if it meant we got to do so. Controversial as we need reinforcements but Christian is the kind of class you don't want to see leave your club IMO

I know he's class. He's one of my favorite players, but he played his hand. It doesn't look like he's going to get what he wants.

If he stays he opens himself up to an enormous amount of scrutiny. Every time he has a poor match... "He's head isn't in it. He's still at Spurs because we're his backup plan."

It's just better for Spurs & CE for him to move on.

Of course like we are all aware

What do we do with a CE running his contract down if there are no longer any takers this summer

I wonder if this is causing Levy as big a headache as it is some of us

yes agree, totally forgot to include him - but at the CL final you could see he was not as quick as their fullbacks or Mane or that shithouse Salah.

Perhaps Moura could be the quickest with Son just a touch slower?

Hard to gauge from TV....

Pace also has varying attributes (acceleration, sprints, with or without the ball etc.)....

We've seen Sonny burn defenders in a foot-race plenty of times... Lucas not so much.... Yet?

I know he's class. He's one of my favorite players, but he played his hand. It doesn't look like he's going to get what he wants.

If he stays he opens himself up to an enormous amount of scrutiny. Every time he has a poor match... "He's head isn't in it. He's still at Spurs because we're his backup plan."

It's just better for Spurs & CE for him to move on.

Fair point, a lot would depend on his form and how he reacts to staying. If he comes back strong and with a little more bite then all will be forgotten quickly but as you said he has played his hand and he would need to take his performance levels up a notch to appease those that take his stance to heart.

Back
Top Bottom