Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lo Celso underwhelming again:

I think we're paying over the odds for the guy. His long range passing is simply appalling. I've barely seen him hit a good one. He dribbles well and has got a decent shot on him. 30 million and we've got a decent upgrade on Lamela. He's basically Lamela-plus. But 60 odd million? No way.

Any business concluded before 1st July is business done early. I don't understand the frantic comments like the world is about to end, so lets throw 10s of millions everywhere?

THIS!!! ....Quoted for emphasis.

Last edited:
So short sighted to suggest Eriksen is anything other than a class player we would be doing well to hold onto.
I would love us to keep him, but his role becomes less important and demanding due to other players and genuine competition for his spot.

She is his agent. There were some rumours that he had dropped her a few months back but she is still refered to as his agent in most interviews so who the fuck knows at this point.
That can't be good. Asking Mummy's permission to go out to play footie with his amigos

Whether he signs or not I doubt he’ll stay beyond next season.

If he won't re-sign then sell him this window we must (if we can). Losing him for nothing would be a major fail.

I really don’t see Eriksen staying as a priority, it’s just going to drag on until he eventually fucks off.

How can we build a team around people who know full well don’t want to be here.

Agreed, I just don't wanna see us fuck our window up indulging him and his 'maybes'.

He's still a class act, personally if offered I'd rather Eriksen stay and sign a deal ahead of any new incomings. He had a less than average season for us but the guy still has class and isn't in his peak years yet, a summer off could really do him the World of good.

Eriksen re-sign
Ndombele
Lo Celso
RB
Sessegnon & Clarke

These are my prioities as I look at how things are shaping up. Replacing someone like Eriksen would be so incredibly difficult, I'm in the hope he stays camp & would probably sacrifice all other signings if it meant we got to do so. Controversial as we need reinforcements but Christian is the kind of class you don't want to see leave your club IMO

That's one positive from the final then, I'm ok with him staying.

It's not a 'positive' unless he's committed to the cause. Him staying is only a part-resolution,

Lo Celso underwhelming again:

I think we're paying over the odds for the guy. His long range passing is simply appalling. I've barely seen him hit a good one. He dribbles well and has got a decent shot on him. 30 million and we've got a decent upgrade on Lamela. He's basically Lamela-plus. But 60 odd million? No way.

I would take him but as you said for the figures being thrown about it's simply too much of a risk for a player who couldn't cut it at PSG.

If he came in for a decent fee and we chose to utilise Lucas & Son as backup strikers instead of Llorente I'd be bang up for that but think Lo Celso is worth more to Celta Vigo than he would be to us based on the £££, similarly to how Zaha is at Palace. I see this potential deal struggling as things develop over the summer.

Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lucas, Son, Lamela & Kane as our attacking options really would be fantastic and would give us no reason why we couldn't seriously compete on all fronts moving forward. As you said the fall guy would be Lamela if we needed to chop and change to accommodate however.

Even if he walks at the end of next season?
I think if he stays this season he will sign a new contract, if he does walk he won't be going to anywhere better than us and we've had good value from the 12 million we paid for him.

Of course like we are all aware

What do we do with a CE running his contract down if there are no longer any takers this summer

I wonder if this is causing Levy as big a headache as it is some of us

I'm sure it will be... Him going rogue to the press won't have helped his relationship with MP & DL either.

He's still a class act, personally if offered I'd rather Eriksen stay and sign a deal ahead of any new incomings. He had a less than average season for us but the guy still has class and isn't in his peak years yet, a summer off could really do him the World of good.

Eriksen re-sign
Ndombele
Lo Celso
RB
Sessegnon & Clarke

These are my prioities as I look at how things are shaping up. Replacing someone like Eriksen would be so incredibly difficult, I'm in the hope he stays camp & would probably sacrifice all other signings if it meant we got to do so. Controversial as we need reinforcements but Christian is the kind of class you don't want to see leave your club IMO

If him and Toby signed new contracts and we didn't sign anyone, the press would go batshit.

"WHY WONT SPURS JUST FOLLOW THE TRANSFER NARRATIVES HUH HUH HUH"

Can se Nicholson at 365 and the other blogging wankers interupting their reach-arounds just briefly enough to move focus to "OHhhhhh Poch not happy with squad"

I would take him but as you said for the figures being thrown about it's simply too much of a risk for a player who couldn't cut it at PSG.

If he came in for a decent fee and we chose to utilise Lucas & Son as backup strikers instead of Llorente I'd be bang up for that but think Lo Celso is worth more to Celta Vigo than he would be to us based on the £££, similarly to how Zaha is at Palace. I see this potential deal struggling as things develop over the summer.

Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lucas, Son, Lamela & Kane as our attacking options really would be fantastic and would give us no reason why we couldn't seriously compete on all fronts moving forward. As you said the fall guy would be Lamela if we needed to chop and change to accommodate however.

A bit harsh. A lot more than ability goes into making it a these kind of blood money clubs. Players politics are a real thing.

Side-stepping any potential Lamela pissing contest.... I think in terms of number of bodies, as per your scenario, Lamela should stay.

I think if he stays this season he will sign a new contract, if he does walk he won't be going to anywhere better than us and we've had good value from the 12 million we paid for him.

Baseless.....

Unless he's committed to a future here signing a new deal would be stupid.

A bit harsh. A lot more than ability goes into making it a these kind of blood money clubs. Players politics are a real thing.

I rate Lo Celso, I think he has all the natural attributes I associate with a Tottenham player but for a rumoured £70m-£80m or whatever his release clause is, absolutely no chance it's too much money for someone who hasn't achieved a lot to date.

I would 100% take him but my limit is closer to £55m more than it is £70m-£80m, that's an insane amount of money for someone with one full season of European football under his belt. The 20% sell on clause will probably prove to be a big issue as selling teams get greedy but rightly so.

Back
Top Bottom