Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like a cheap fee for young English talent to me, certainly worth a punt now rather than waiting for next summer when he could be worth 40-50 million. 'We need to brave and take risks'.
My opinion after my extensive scouting (first minute of a YouTube vid)

That the boy has a touch of the waddles about him
(Chris waddle not anatine feet spacing)

Woule we have a problem with selling Wanyama to Woolwich for a decent fee?

Perhaps not, but Vic is a rather extreme case bearing in mind he's buggered....

I doubt selling them someone that can help their cause would go down too well with the fans.... You have to wonder how much the club differs from that, but we seem to refuse point blank to do business with the Chavs for example.

'Plus bonuses' in

Might be worth commenting that at ManU Pogba's bonuses (= get up in the morning, go to bed before 2 AM etc ie all easily achievable but disguises his 'basic ' salary for comparison with other players) were equal to 100% of his salary. So effective salary could easily get to £340k pw or even more rather than the £170k you are using.

And given mother is agent wouldn't surprise me at all if the Agent fee was £10m or £20m or even £30m. All in the family !

Really doubt the figures you are using are complete, but no firm sources on numbers !

Even if he's getting 270k pw (double quoted), that's a total deal worth around 80m inc 10m sign on. In todays market what would his transfer value be....£70-80m ? plus 5 years wages...

Still great business IMO.

Do people think there is any chance of signing both Ndombele and Lo Celso, whilst keeping Eriksen? I can't see that happening surely...

I suppose the question should be do people think there is any chance of signing both Ndombele and Lo Celso...but just daydreaming about the above scenario.

Seeing as we get a bit of stick for not completing certain deals I had a little think at lunch about who we were apparently close to that didn't sign who ended up being a bit shit after the deal apparently collapsed.

Saido Berahino, Yann M'Vila, Keita Balde, Pape Cheikh Diop, Jay Rodriguez instantly came to mind. Who else did we nearly sign only to not get them and it turn out to be a decent decision not to? There's a few that I'm going to kick myself over but I know there definitely has been a fair old amount we looked at that would have been poor deals looking back on them.
Damiao

Do people think there is any chance of signing both Ndombele and Lo Celso, whilst keeping Eriksen? I can't see that happening surely...

I suppose the question should be do people think there is any chance of signing both Ndombele and Lo Celso...but just daydreaming about the above scenario.
We will try to sign Ndombele regardless, but I can't see us signing Lo Celso while Eriksen stays.

Ndombele is a must buy whatever happens. We would pay £80m if that's what it takes (we'll get him at aprox £50m).

Lo Celso is a completely different story. He was probably scouted as Eriksen's successor, but Poch might fancy him anyhow. But with Betis hardballing and his bad performances for Argentina, this aint happening. Different from Ndombele there's a lot of alternatives to Lo Celso. I think it's time to enquire Milan about Lucas Paqueta.

I'm not sure we'll sign either to be honest. It could be just Clarke, plus bringing in Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Edwards as depth.

If we do sign NDombele then I'll be surprised and pretty happy but '€90m' just doesn't sound like Mr Levy's cup of tea.

Seeing as we get a bit of stick for not completing certain deals I had a little think at lunch about who we were apparently close to that didn't sign who ended up being a bit shit after the deal apparently collapsed.

Saido Berahino, Yann M'Vila, Keita Balde, Pape Cheikh Diop, Jay Rodriguez instantly came to mind. Who else did we nearly sign only to not get them and it turn out to be a decent decision not to? There's a few that I'm going to kick myself over but I know there definitely has been a fair old amount we looked at that would have been poor deals looking back on them.
Leandro Damiao.

I love the optimism lads. But do any of us seriously expect us to spend anywhere north of £50m on anyone considering our track record? I really hope we do but I can't see it. I really hoped we would make a statement after the CL final and go out and make a couple of strong signings but as yet nothing except pure speculation.

Fingers crossed anyway...in before Pochettino gets another payrise and hails the summer window a success because we didn't sell anyone :pochbye:

I'm not sure we'll sign either to be honest. It could be just Clarke, plus bringing in Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Edwards as depth.

If we do sign NDombele then I'll be surprised and pretty happy but '€90m' just doesn't sound like Mr Levy's cup of tea.
I know what you mean, this would be typical, and a horrendous window if that was the result!

But I'm quietly confident of eventually getting Ndombele. Probably more hopefulness than confidence though.

I love the optimism lads. But do any of us seriously expect us to spend anywhere north of £50m on anyone considering our track record? I really hope we do but I can't see it. I really hoped we would make a statement after the CL final and go out and make a couple of strong signings but as yet nothing except pure speculation.

Fingers crossed anyway...in before Pochettino gets another payrise and hails the summer window a success because we didn't sell anyone :pochbye:
If we don't spend at least £50m on one player this summer I'd be shocked.

Ndombele is a must buy whatever happens. We would pay £80m if that's what it takes (we'll get him at aprox £50m).

Lo Celso is a completely different story. He was probably scouted as Eriksen's successor, but Poch might fancy him anyhow. But with Betis hardballing and his bad performances for Argentina, this aint happening. Different from Ndombele there's a lot of alternatives to Lo Celso. I think it's time to enquire Milan about Lucas Paqueta.

Seems to me that the requirement for GLC is a lot less specific and just equates to a desire for a player 'like' him. If Eriksen resigns then the urgency which could dictate that we spend big on what would the be a mere back-up decreases.

Back
Top Bottom