Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No you haven’t been frank, there are other players who didn’t perform or care much the whole season which am not going to name but you have included them. Sissoko gave everything to the cause with Motm performances doesn’t deserve to be dropped from the starting XI.
"Giving everything for the cause" isn't a free pass to getting a start every game. I'm not disputing the effort Sissoko made last season or the difference he made to the team, but I think we should have players with a higher technically proficiency starting in midfield if we want to go back to actually controlling games again.

Just looking at player availability as a basis to guess when the players might be announced :

Lo Celso - played at Copa America with Argentina whose last match was on 7 July so after a 3 week break would return on about 29 July. So an announcement at end of next week might make sense, allowing him to be on the bench for the Audi Cup match on 30/31 July

Sessegnon(s) - played for E u21s whose last match was 30 June, so announcement could be in a couple of days now, after his 3 week international break ends. Problem if course is he picked up a hamstring injury so no urgency to announce him until that's cleared up - doubt he'll be sent to far east to join the preseason tour if still injured. However think an announcement in a day or three is still a reasonable guess.

Saliba - Lion seems confident he is ours, even if media thinks he is going elsewhere. No obvious dependencies on time, other than I'd guess St Etienne would like the player focussed on preseason ( assuming we sign and loan back) so I'd guess an announcement next week is possible, but could easily be the following week.

That's the next 4 players sorted ! Who else might come is another question - as is Eriksen staying or not although the pics from the plane and him playing keep uppy with Poch in Singapore in training gives me hope he is staying on a new contrsct, but it's still only s guess atm.

Liverpool squad is not that strong. Does not compare to city. They got away with it last season as the front three hardly missed any games. Who covers for Mane or Salah. Both have played in Afcon and may be susceptible to injuries late in the season. Same for Firmino in copa America. The cover is shaquiri and Origi. Sturridge has gone. Also young lad from under 17 World Cup team. Brewster.
Ox will be back and Milner is one yr older. No left back cover as Moreno gone. Suggestions are that they have bid for Rose (epllion).
If they were hit with half the injuries we had last season ....they would be nowhere near.
All their goals are from the front 3. Prob get goals from Ox but not much from the rest of midfield.
You have a point. I stand 50% corrected..

This would make the most sense to me:

I must confess a sinking feeling that the power over incomings and outgoings at the club is being shifted away from someone with a tragic misunderstanding of the intricacies of how a football team is managed (Levy) toward someone with a tragic misunderstanding of how the transfer market is best exploited (Poch).

We need both. We've always needed both.

We need to upgrade at least the LB spot. Should be spending the Rose + Trippier money on that position imo. Grimaldo and Telles are two that come to mind. We do need to watch the homegrown quota though

We need to upgrade at least the LB spot. Should be spending the Rose + Trippier money on that position imo. Grimaldo and Telles are two that come to mind. We do need to watch the homegrown quota though

Could always play our best left back as left back - problem is he's also our best centre back.

Foyth Toby Sanchez Vertonghen - could this be our back line?
Would like to think they would be good at defending set pieces.

This would make the most sense to me:

Does anyone remember that Sheffield fan that came in here a few weeks back and said that his family are pub buddies with Danny Rose's family?

He predicted this EXACTLY as it is happening. He said that Danny rose hasn't gone on the tour and his most likely destination is Paris.

We all laughed him out of the forum telling him that we hadn't gone on tour yet so how could he be missing from the tour lol

Guess he was right :harryhmm:

Morning lads (and lasses!). Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

For my sin's, I live in Doncaster & happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever you're pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Could be him putting 2+2 together & making 5, but there is potential of a move to PSG on the cards. Has anyone heard anything similar here?

Looking forward to playing your boys this year & also very much looking forward to visiting your new gaf in November!

UTB

Here he is, predicted everything lol

Morning lads (and lasses!). Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

For my sin's, I live in Doncaster & happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever you're pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Could be him putting 2+2 together & making 5, but there is potential of a move to PSG on the cards. Has anyone heard anything similar here?

Looking forward to playing your boys this year & also very much looking forward to visiting your new gaf in November!

UTB
THIS G KNOWS, REAL ITK

Back
Top Bottom