Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Verdiblancos are moved by the listed star of Olympique Lyonnais, who ends contract in 2020
Joaquín: "If important players are sold, those who come are even more important"
Rubi and the signings: "I'm very calm because there are people from the club working 24 hours on that"

Real Betis has been interested in the situation of Nabil Fekir, Olympique Lyonnais midfielder who concludes his contract in the summer of 2020. The French-Algerian is the captain of the French team, who is aware that he will leave this summer. Betis has probed its incorporation although the price requested by Olympique Lyonnais, who has just transferred Ndombele to Tottenham for 65 million, is excessively high for the Betic coffers. The profile of Fekir is what they seek in the sports management of Betis to incorporate in the event of the departure of Giovani Lo Celso, which seems to be produced in these weeks of the market given the interest of several groups, mainly the aforementioned Tottenham, to be with your services.
Betis sees in Fekir an ideal substitute for Lo Celso. Born in Lyon almost 26 years ago (he meets them next week), he is international for France on 21 occasions, world champion (he was present in all World Cup matches except the semi-final against Belgium), left-handed, with a lot of quality, overflowing , does not elude the shock and vision of game in the last meters. He knows how to fall to the band and also act as creative midfielder and second rush. Good foul thrower. Fekir was almost signed by Liverpool last season in exchange for 65 million but the operation was frustrated when he was very advanced, supposedly due to problems in the medical examination. In recent weeks he has been linked with Woolwich. According to the different appraisal websites of the players, their market value is around 60 million.
It is, therefore, a very difficult option but for which Betis has had direct and constant contacts in recent times with the new representative of the Franco-Algerian player.

It is, therefore, a very difficult option but for which Betis has had direct and constant contacts in recent times with the new representative of the Franco-Algerian player. In Heliópolis they look for formulas to try to make this operation viable either through sharing percentages or other more imaginative possibilities and thus access a footballer who wants to leave Ligue 1 and stand out in another important competition at European level. However, Jean-Michel Aulas, president of Olympique Lyonnais, is reputed to be one of the toughest negotiators on the international scene, although in the French club they have made it clear that the footballer is on the exit ramp this summer.

In the Betis are clear that contracting Fekir is a very difficult company, especially at this stage of the market when even the Premier League can make signings. In any case, the dialogue with the player's new agents has been constant in these weeks and, in fact, few leading dates were in France trying to advance in this matter. His statistics with Olympique Lyonnais make clear his importance on the field. He played in the 2018-19 season 38 matches between Ligue 1, Champions League, French Cup and League Cup scoring twelve goals and giving nine assists. Fekir already played a game at Benito Villamarín against Betis. It was in the group stage of the Europa League of the 2013-14 season.

The imaginative formulas that Betis can propose so that this difficult operation can be carried out would be through sharing the player's property with Olympique Lyonnais for a future transfer or revaluation of the player, as well as some clause with the player so that also have economic gain in this regard in the future. Through these channels is the only way in which a club like Betis, with its budgetary limitations for players of this draft, can be done with Fekir.

Obviously, its contracting would be linked to the departure of Lo Celso for a significant amount (more than 60 million euros). Meanwhile, the club from Verdiblanco also rushes at this time for Borja Iglesias, the number one striker in the preferences and with whom he already has a sealed agreement waiting to materialize with Espanyol.
Marca has the same story.

I like how the transtion has rendered Buen lanzador de faltas (Good free kick taker) as "Good foul thrower"

I didn't even notice that in all honesty. Is this source a well respected one over there Bill? The quotes from Joaquin & Rubi seem pretty promising.
It is, very well respected. The byline says that the hack is in Montecastillo, as is the Marca bloke, it's where Betis prepare for the new season away from the furnace that is Seville in high summer, which would suggest that it's come from someone close to the club.

Joaquín is a great bloke, the coming season will be his 20th as a professional. Probably the most popular player in Spain, especially with the media as his press conferences are always full of jokes

It is, very well respected. The byline says that the hack is in Montecastillo, as is the Marca bloke, it's where Betis prepare for the new season away from the furnace that is Seville in high summer, which would suggest that it's come from someone close to the club.

Joaquín is a great bloke, the coming season will be his 20th as a professional. Probably the most popular player in Spain, especially with the media as his press conferences are always full of jokes

Very encouraging to hear Bill. Betis making moves for Fekir can only be a good thing for us. Have you seen much of Lo Celso? The games I've caught him in seem very impressive although I don't see how he can fit the void of Eriksen should Christian leave. He seems less creative but more snappy and direct. Lovely looking control though I see him as a Grealish type of style more than an Eriksen. Able to move with the ball but maybe isn't able to dictate the pace and control of the game as much.

Very encouraging to hear Bill. Betis making moves for Fekir can only be a good thing for us. Have you seen much of Lo Celso? The games I've caught him in seem very impressive although I don't see how he can fit the void of Eriksen should Christian leave. He seems less creative but more snappy and direct. Lovely looking control though I see him as a Grealish type of style more than an Eriksen. Able to move with the ball but maybe isn't able to dictate the pace and control of the game as much.
Not that much, no, but my Betis-supporting mate raves about him. I asked him if he was a bit of a show pony, very much not he said, works hard, gets stuck in, which you imagine would endear him to Pochettino

Is it true "Dani Ceballos was left out of Real Madrid's pre-season tour squad"?

He's on his 3 week mandatory break after playing for Spain u21's. So nothing to read in him not playing for Real Madrid in pre season - his break ends on or about 21 July.

Spurs will have similar issues with Aurier and Wanyama playing in African Cup of Nations (still ongoing) arriving back at about PL starts.

To be fair to him, he doesn't claim to be ITK. He collates info already out there, and always quotes the source of this info.

If people don't pick up on that, that's their problem not his. He does seem like a bellend though.
I have an issue with the bloke, namely, he nicks stuff from other accounts then posts in his name, he got caught red-handed for doing so either last year or year before. One of the worst things is his terminology, he "spins" the stuff. Why I think this is bad is he has many followers, who hang on his every word, with this comes responsibility, but he appears to be on a power trip and plays off the "influencer" that you become when you have so many followers. It's as basic as saying "Tottenham Hotspur target" when the only thing that makes a player a target is what was reported by a no-mark Twitter account with 2 followers!! It's this type of "reporting" that can split fanbases.

Lastly, he's just plain embarrassing attempts at trolling extends to posting the same montage clip of Spurs players laughing.

There is only one account worth following for news aggregation at that's Hotspur Related, he gets the tone right almost every time. Lillyhite Rose is also brilliant.

Morning lads (and lasses!). Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

For my sin's, I live in Doncaster & happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever you're pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Could be him putting 2+2 together & making 5, but there is potential of a move to PSG on the cards. Has anyone heard anything similar here?

Looking forward to playing your boys this year & also very much looking forward to visiting your new gaf in November!

UTB

Morning lads (and lasses!). Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

For my sin's, I live in Doncaster & happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever you're pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Could be him putting 2+2 together & making 5, but there is potential of a move to PSG on the cards. Has anyone heard anything similar here?

Looking forward to playing your boys this year & also very much looking forward to visiting your new gaf in November!

UTB
We haven’t traveled anywhere and the England guys only come back to pre season today

UTB
Pretty sure our squad hasn't travelled anywhere and the main first team lads are due back at our Enfield training ground today

Yup but in the article it mentions that Fejir would cost 60m.

Lo Celso buyout is 88m, but they have a sell on clause from PSG of (I think 25% ? ) meaning they will lose a chunk of the 88m.

So the article may well simply be Real Betis pleading why they cannot reduce Lo Celso's price which at 88m is well above the market price.

Of course Betis acquired Lo Celso at circa 20m only 4 months ago, so its just a question of how much money they make. If they sold him for his true market value of say 60m and paid PSG their cut, they would still make circa 25m or over 100 % profit after 4 months. But they really want to make circa 200% profit after 4 months by demanding 88m.

UTB
Loads of our players aren't back in pre-season training yet, and he's been holidaying in LA with mates for the last few weeks. Might have bene in Paris briefly, so not saying you're wrong, but the not in training thing means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom