Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any one of you twats that’s posting tweets from ‘parody’ accounts can fuck right off. They’re deleted and mean the next dozen posts are fucking useless. You’re enabling a bunch of needy attention seekers and are arguably no better yourselves. Do some fucking research before you post.

:deledoubt:

But it is interesting how it feels. "We" might still say we "have to pay the fee" as only Spurs fans can.

But, imagine how "we" would feel if it is reported that Eriksen had agreed a fee with Madrid! Spurs fans would no doubt conclude that he is off.

The mind games of a transfer.
Its Spurs. I take nothing as done until I see the man holding the shirt followed by the first attempt at "Come on you Spurs"

Don’t bother arguing with this guy. He’s got a pea sized brain and flips on his arguments when it pleases him. When he’s arguing against Eriksen, only last season is relevant (because he had a relatively poor season) and when arguing for Trippier you have to look at his whole career. The 67 assists Sammy quoted also considers championship assists. Goes to show what a moron he is

So what? They are career stats and it shows his crosses are not just hopeful punts into the box.
The only moron is the one who doesn’t understand that.

But let’s take his PL time at Spurs shall we?
Trippier has played 114 games for Spurs in all competitions.
He has 29 assists

Kyle Walker had 20 assists in 229 games for Spurs.
He has 8 in 100 games for City

Azpilucueta has 24 assists from RB in 204 games for Chelsea

As you were mate, Trippier is trouncing everyone even with the worst season of his career behind him.
But hey, that doesn’t count.......we can only lump Eriksens entire Tottenham stats together to make a point eh?

Haha, this place is funny as fuck

Last edited:
The Brighton Beach picture is bringing lots of responses from local residents on the internet mainly composed of "Which part of the fucking beach is that ? I've lived here for 20 years and not found that bit"....:roflmao::roflmao:.....

So what? They are career stats and it shows his crosses are not just hopeful punts into the box.
The only moron is the one who doesn’t understand that.

But let’s take his PL time at Spurs shall we?
Trippier has played 114 games for Spurs in all competitions.
He has 29 assists

Kyle Walker had 20 assists in 229 games for Spurs.
He has 8 in 100 games for City

Azpilucueta has 24 assists from RB in 204 games for Chelsea

As you were mate, Trippier is trouncing everyone even with the worst season of his career behind him.
But hey, that doesn’t count.......we can only lump Eriksens entire Tottenham stats together to make a point eh?

Haha, this place is funny as fuck
Didn’t play 114 games and give 29 assists this season though, did he? He had a shambolic season. Only got 3 assists and played like absolute shit, costing us massively in defence. Keep flipflopping on your arguments. One day the eye test counts, the next goals and assists completely define a player

But it is interesting how it feels. "We" might still say we "have to pay the fee" as only Spurs fans can.

But, imagine how "we" would feel if it is reported that Eriksen had agreed a fee with Madrid! Spurs fans would no doubt conclude that he is off.

The mind games of a transfer.
I think that has been reported hasn't it? So has Spurs and Madrid negotiating a fee, Spurs and Madrid negotiating a player plus cash deal and no contact at all from Madrid.
In other words, nobody knows anything.

Not this shit again :dier::pochbye:
It’s the summer which means that on my commute to work I am sitting on a packed commuter train with everyone ‘catching up’ on something called “Lovely Island” while I’m sitting here constantly refreshing my page in the desperate hopes that a complete stranger on Twitter will fuel my hope that Spurs are about to sign a player I hadn’t heard of two months ago.

:avbcringe:

Last edited:
Didn’t play 114 games and give 29 assists this season though, did he? He had a shambolic season. Only got 3 assists and played like absolute shit, costing us massively in defence. Keep flipflopping on your arguments. One day the eye test counts, the next goals and assists completely define a player
You’re so thick aren’t you.
Here I will explain.

Sammy judged Eriksen on last season.

Some posters lumped his entire spurs history together as a counter argument.

Sammy then did the same specifically for Trippier with the sole purpose of knowing full well people would count it differently.

Little Dane fell right into the trap.

:harrylol:

How many goals and or points did Trippier cost us last season? I know he wasn’t great, but did his performances really effect us that much?

More than Kane being injured? Hugo and his brain farts? No midfield cover? Wanyama and Dier being poor? Attempting to bed in Sanchez and Foyth? Dele not being on it as he previously had been? Sissoko trying to hail a taxi?

Is Trippier really responsible for us losing that many goals and points? Would having the best right back in the world, whoever that is, really have menat us finishing higher in the league or winning a trophy?

Son & Moura who combined managed two more goals/assists and create less chances for others than Eriksen did on his own you mean?

The reason we spent half the season hoofing the ball was because we had no midfield to provide the conduit anymore, unless Winks was fit and Eriksen was dropped back there.

And we joint 4th best at counter attacking goals with City:

Eriksen was probably the only player who played in our midfield last season that did have the wit and ability to facilitate counter attack’s.

The problem is too many dopey cunts like Sissoko and Dier who can’t see or play an incisive pass if their life depended it.

Wait........we are joint 2nd for set pieces????? Is that stat for goals or hitting the first man, it's not really clear from that pic?

Back
Top Bottom