Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone remember that Sheffield fan that came in here a few weeks back and said that his family are pub buddies with Danny Rose's family?

He predicted this EXACTLY as it is happening. He said that Danny rose hasn't gone on the tour and his most likely destination is Paris.

We all laughed him out of the forum telling him that we hadn't gone on tour yet so how could he be missing from the tour lol

Guess he was right :harryhmm:
Almost like Tottenham have an actual long term strategy they are working towards. Oh wait, those pesky ultimatum, showdown talks.......
:pochsmirk:

Hmmm. Not thrilled at the idea of Rose leaving. We’d certainly need a replacement and Sessegnon is not ready.

Just play Jan there against the good sides that will pin us back a bit.
Davies is plenty good enough to start against the bottom 14 teams.

And I thought Lo Celso was around the corner lmao, I should know better.
Martina Piemonte has signed for them also. Would, clearly...

15633052973033.jpg

Piemonte

From last Friday (courtesy of Joshking5)
Blades fan in peace. Just thought I'd pop onto your forum to give a little bit of info that I've received today.

I happen to know a fella who is a drinking buddy with friends and family of Danny Rose. He's been told that Danny hasn't travelled with the Spurs squad to wherever your pre-season is currently taking place & also spent some of last week in Paris.

Today

PSG LEADING RACE FOR ROSE
Paris Saint-Germain
head a list of clubs keen to sign Tottenham’s Danny Rose.
The England defender wants to fight for a first team place next season – but will consider leaving North London if a sufficiently attractive opportunity comes along.
Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham will be looking to recoup £20m for the left-back, whom they bought from Leeds for £1m in 2007.

PSG LEADING RACE FOR ROSE
Paris Saint-Germain
head a list of clubs keen to sign Tottenham’s Danny Rose.
The England defender wants to fight for a first team place next season – but will consider leaving North London if a sufficiently attractive opportunity comes along.
Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham will be looking to recoup £20m for the left-back, whom they bought from Leeds for £1m in 2007.
Much closer to home that.

Yeah Davies isn’t shit. I honestly prefer him to Rose. He’s plenty fine against PL teams.
The only reason I can figure that people don't rate him as well is that he isn't as flashy of a player as Rose is. He is very sound defensively, can fill in at CB when needed, controls the ball well and is a confident passer. He isn't going to be that offensive-minded wingback type of player but we could do a hell of a lost worse than Ben Davies at LB. I frankly don't think he gets anywhere near the credit that he deserves at times.

The only reason I can figure that people don't rate him as well is that he isn't as flashy of a player as Rose is. He is very sound defensively, can fill in at CB when needed, controls the ball well and is a confident passer. He isn't going to be that offensive-minded wingback type of player but we could do a hell of a lost worse than Ben Davies at LB. I frankly don't think he gets anywhere near the credit that he deserves at times.

I quite like Davies as a player and a person from what I can tell.
He isn't that quick, doesn't deliver good balls very often, can get done badly by elite level players, but is also pretty solid defending.
He's a decent enough top 4 type player - not good enough for a title challenger imo.

Back
Top Bottom