Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ll tell you why it’s gone quiet on the transfer front: we have taken our eyes of the “Have we signed xxxx yet?” threads. Not good enough people, you know that DL reads these messages and buys players because we say he should.

EDIT: Just checked and the first one is at the bottom of page 3 FFS. The last message on that thread was over two weeks ago. Get posting you lot

:adeninja:

It genuinely befuddles me the amount of people who think we'll be better off with Davies because he's 'reliable' and 'a good lad'.
If we go into next season with Davies as our first choice left back, we have weakened the team when it was completely unnecessary to do so.
The Legend Danny Rose was largely absent from last years campaign and we did well without him. His time is up let him get his retirement contract in France and ride off into the sunset

I expect Rose is negative and deflating a lot of the time. Probably not ideal having around. Best to just fuck him off seeing as he knows what he's worth and all that. Paris is up north right?

I think he's a good player, but we had to put up with years of shit for him to get there, then he's willing to just fuck us off because Walker got a big money move? Nah bollocks to him. So long and thanks for all the fish.

It genuinely befuddles me the amount of people who think we'll be better off with Davies because he's 'reliable' and 'a good lad'.
If we go into next season with Davies as our first choice left back, we have weakened the team when it was completely unnecessary to do so.
With Davies as our starting left back we had our best defensive season in the history of the league.

We would be weaker offensively. But stronger defensively because that was how the Danny and Ben partnership was structured. Danny was a more offensive minded defender, and Ben a more defensive one.

And Ben still provided more assists in the league in his one starting season than Rose has ever produced in one league season.

And if Danny doesn't want to stay for some reason I see no reason to force him to. With how free spoken Danny is it would not to us well to piss him off in that way most likely.

Just to add to the debate on right backs, Kyle Walker-Peters is likely to start the first 2 PL matches at RB.

The reason :
- Juan Foyth picked up a red card at the end of last season and will be suspended for he first 2 games
- Serge Aurier played in African Cup of Nations so will get back off his 3 week break at about start of PL season in order to start his preseason.

Knew you would be pleased to have a team update for our first PL match so early. And your welcome !

oh and Son is similar position to Foyth with a 2 game suspension to serve.

News just breaking.
Danny Rose spotted somewhere sandy, thought to be lining up a move to some Arab club with LOADSA MUNNEY!

latest

So, from the looks of it we are in the process of selling both our 1st team fullbacks with no credible links to replacements. Also the possibility of losing Toby. Therefore weakening our defence.

I have every confidence the club knows what they are doing.

With Davies as our starting left back we had our best defensive season in the history of the league.

We would be weaker offensively. But stronger defensively because that was how the Danny and Ben partnership was structured. Danny was a more offensive minded defender, and Ben a more defensive one.

And Ben still provided more assists in the league in his one starting season than Rose has ever produced in one league season.

And if Danny doesn't want to stay for some reason I see no reason to force him to. With how free spoken Danny is it would not to us well to piss him off in that way most likely.

Personally I much prefer to see Danny starting because his forward attacks help pin our opposition back. Thats no something that is apparent from stats and so harder to value.

One stat I would like to know is how many times fouls on Danny result in yellow cards. From memory I think 3 Chelscum players got booked for assaults on him at the Bridge in one match. That only happens if a player is a threat.

So, from the looks of it we are in the process of selling both our 1st team fullbacks with no credible links to replacements. Also the possibility of losing Toby. Therefore weakening our defence.

I have every confidence the club knows what they are doing.

We've decided we can score more goals than the opposition, so defence is optional extra !

Personally I much prefer to see Danny starting because his forward attacks help pin our opposition back. Thats no something that is apparent from stats and so harder to value.

One stat I would like to know is how many times fouls on Danny result in yellow cards. From memory I think 3 Chelscum players got booked for assaults on him at the Bridge in one match. That only happens if a player is a threat.

It also happens if your first touch/touch in general is ropey and you have more 50/50 challenges.

What if Poch has decided he doesn't want attacking FBs anymore?

What if he wants FBs that can actually defend?

Back
Top Bottom