Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was fairly good, wasn't the out-and-out first choice if I remember right.

Another problem is that Argentinian law states that all midfielders must look to pass to Messi within three seconds of receiving the ball

Then bow and scrape

I think we’ll get Sessegnon and Lo Celso and Toby and Eriksen will stay. That’ll be it then.

I'd be more than happy with that in all fairness. It may mean our right sided options defensively are limited but if we do so whilst securing Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Toby and Christian I would take that and keep faith with Serge, Foyth & KWP. If we can also get someone like Hysaj in though that would make it look even closer to what's required.

I'd be more than happy with that in all fairness. It may mean our right sided options defensively are limited but if we do so whilst securing Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Toby and Christian I would take that and keep faith with Serge, Foyth & KWP. If we can also get someone like Hysaj in though that would make it look even closer to what's required.
Is that enough to challenge for the league though?

If Danny goes that puts as at -3 on my scale.

Ndombele got us back to where we were in January having sold Dembele (effectively August 2018). So his purchase put us at par.

Since then Llorente hasn't been renewed and Trips has gone.

Players like Edwards and Onamah don't count on this scale, nor would the sale of the likes of Janssen and N'K, only regular first team squad players

I think we’ll get Sessegnon and Lo Celso and Toby and Eriksen will stay. That’ll be it then.

Only want Eriksen staying if he signs a new deal.

If so then Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sessegnon with Eriksen staying should make us more dynamic next season.

Only want Eriksen staying if he signs a new deal.

If so then Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sessegnon with Eriksen staying should make us more dynamic next season.
Yeah only want Toby and Eriksen to still be here if they have signed new contracts.

Is that enough to challenge for the league though?

It's not about challenging for the league, it's just about improving and continuously getting better without making too many changes.

For me a summer that sees us sign Ndombele, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Clarke and hopefully someone like Hysaj whilst retaining Toby and Christian would make us stronger than we were last season and that,mrealistically is all Wembley can ask with the size of the clubs around us.

If we challenge great but I'm more concerned with strengthening the team so it continues to not slip away. Top 4 is still the most important thing with the stadium and circumstances and when looking at the market I don't see many better than those guys that we can realistically get.

I’d love to sign Lo Celso and Sessegnon and call it a day, as long as Eriksen and Toby stay. Need to get both to sign contracts ASAP also.

A little worried about right back but I’m confident in Foyth developing there and as long as Aurier stays fit I think we will be okay. Sissoko can also fill in there and I have a feeling Poch may feel the same way.

Imagine how great our team could be with those signings! Not even sure how we’d line up but we’d have options for once and can change things up against different opposition.

Back
Top Bottom